What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I found out this morn the best news I've ever got !! it's actually 2 parts :D :D

First I found out that my baby girl (19yrs) that I haven't seen in almost 12 years decided after staying with me and my wife seeing how a teenager is supposed to live , not always cooped up not being allowed to do anything , she wants to make this her new home ,

THANK YOU SANTA :thanks::thanks:

Now for the second part, I have to move all my tanks out of the room I had them in, well rather than all the tanks Santa is bringing me a 125g tank so I can combine my 2 reef tanks into 1 and place it in the living room , I plan on putting a divider in the center of the tank so my stock don't clash/kill each other , today I plan on drawing up plans on the sump I will be using my 40b a I want it set up so even with the divider the tank will still be 1 system , I will be using egg crate to divide the tank , since I'm not to good with setting up the sump I will getting help from friends who already have done it and know how to do it correctly so I have no accidents/floods in my living room ,
so now I'm going to be busy today drawing up plans
Also need to find homes for my fresh water tank and also my brackish tank
I hope a friend local will take them in now I just need to ask

Thanks again SANTA.............. :D :D

So now you all know what I'm doing today
Now what are you doing :D:D

Fis are all good except on female just lays on bottom of tank . She is a pregnant guppy been laying on bottom for days I have her floating I a half gal container in tank with freshwater and bubbler to see if it helps

I moved stock around. Moved 55 stock to 30 barely any fish in there. This made room to move my young melanogenys, callochromis fry, and eventually my xenotilapia ochrogenys ndole bay fry. Melanogenys started mating behavior in 24 hours. So glad i moved them. Rearranged. Water changes. Cleaned filters, etc.

Well todayyyyy i got a purple tang! When i put him in he imediatly started socializing with all the other tank mates. Come feeding time he was out competing for food with everyone.
The cool thing that happened is that before i put him in my hippo and sailfin tang didnt eat the macro algae. But when i put him in they saw him eating the algae and decided they liked it too. With in a half hour all of the tangs were eating the algae together.

I have a 90 gallon tank and i know that three tangs is pushing it but they are all fine with each other.

Looks good, love the sail fin (or desjardini cant tell from the pic lol)

Sometimes it just isn't fun.

750litre +100 clowns ok.
120litre +12 stock ok.
45litre +5
1 C.paleatus not well. 50:50 is being kind.
Can't bring myself to euthanise, it's 4th gen.:nono:
Sometimes fine, sometimes, well sometimes it isn't.

Puffer -10 +12 SG 1.002 :D

Despite how much puffers rock and how great the clowns are the thought of killing the Cory sure dampens joy. :(

Day/night feed.

Looks good, love the sail fin (or i cant tell from the pic lol)
Thanks i am very happy with the purchase and it is acclimating AMAZINGLY. And yes it is a desjardini tang (i didnt know how to spell it so i just left it out haha) sorry for the blurry pic of the three because they are all moving and it was on my phone

Well my female died shortly after qaurentine and trying some meds....she was not ready to birth yet but was preety close ... I know sounds weird but I cut her open to see if she had any viable fry ... I cleaned my filter pads ... Way overdue it was mud water when I rinsed them and I added xtra sponge to 29g and dipped it in mud water just to try save some bb

Got a couple pieces of live rock about 6lbs, it had a bunch if algea growing on it so lucky me! Added some more bb to the 20g to help cycle a little and did a wc to cut down on nitrates in there too. Doseing ammo ATM, boiled the ladt to rocks from the swamp and am waiting for them and the water to cool of as one of the rocks is 60lbs and is gonna be immposible to lift out while its scorching hot lol.

Heres the tank rearanged everything and getting new rocks and taking the DW and somemore rocks out :) i think it looks good how about you guys?

image-3179477505.jpg

image-3662899758.jpg

Feeding and fish watching. Seeing new fin and tail growth of 1-3mm in the last few weeks from my big Comet and his color has improved since the tank is planted. Will re-home him this weekend to a mini pond (one of those clam shells pools for kids). It isn't much extra volume but it gives him more freedom to swim with the rounded shape until i find or build a 75G.

Noticed a bunch of white worms swimming around and crawling on the glass and decor in the cycling 20g, also found a bunch of clear domes eating up my plants! Might nuke the tank with ammo to kill the stuff...

I found a dead yellow lab. All params are in check and I think it was ok age because he was the biggest at about 4.5 inches. An I found a holding female lab so I put her in with the babies I have now.

Fed fis tested water ... Can't seem to get rid of ammonia being between 0 and .25 all the fish look good I added prime to I can do a WC

Scraped the crap out of the glass on the 20, trying to get these worms off! My plants are all being eaten too. Good thing im doing a fishless cycle on the 20 because the nitrates are 80 and the nitrites are 5, also the Ph went up from 7.4 to 8.8! What the heck is going on???

Never doing this fishless cycle again

Last night I got a pair if scarlet badis for my 5.5, some habrosus corys for moms 10, and a few more RCS. I have to say, I am in love with my badis. Such a cool fish.

I put the final coat of polycrylic on my new 50 gallon aquarium stand! It's the culmination of three days' work so I'm very happy to be done with it!

Just saw the Koi Angels being pretty territorial, I am wondering if they moved the eggs instead of ate them this time.

I have been working so much and had family stuff keeping my attention elsewhere. So maybe.

Filled some water in the tanks from evaporation and fed tubiflex freeze dried worms and other stuff last night. Tomorrow is frozen brine shrimp day.(y)

Going to look for the angel eggs and drop into bed exhausted.

Also I have a thread about a fish tank build for a RV, keeping some shrimp at least, if anyone is up to the challenge, lol. It started from April 2012. Still wondering...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...vers-live-in-and-have-experiences-202518.html

Back
Top Bottom