What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I refurbished a 30 gallon long tank and stand. Its not up and running yet but I plan to make a frag tank out of it.
I bought a second hand 110 gal. That has everything from sump/refuge phosphate reactor protein skimmer to LED lights in the canopy. Its a real nice set up.

They are so cool. They have such an interesting personality; they are very deliberate with their movements and they seem so smart.

My uncle gave me 2 10gs and a 20 long today! :D probably gonna use the 20g for clownfish pair, 1 of the 10s for a guppy breeding tank, and the 2nd 10 as a breeding tank for some apistos or rams. First before anything happends i gotta get my mom to agree to do it, hope it works out! :)

actually gonna keep some cili rasboras and scarlet badis with some RCS in one of the 10s instead of the guppy breeding tank.

Turns out he has 2 20 longs and the 10g, probably gonna do a convict pair in the extra 20, what do you guys think? Should i do a lake tank with the 2nd 20? Some frogs, newts, and white clouds? Would like to here you guys opinion!

Trouble with internot prevents post!

Thur 21st:-

45litre -20+22
750litre +50, add second fx5 (which leaked about 20 litre, needed draining (22litre) fixed leak, refill restart, all OK.

Day/night feed

Got some great pics of clowns, full set on Flickr, mini set on new fish house thread. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/new-fish-house-284360.html

Fri 22nd:-

45litre -10+10
750litre -100+100
Puffer -10+12@1.004 Tank SG 1.003 clean filter complete.

Day/night feed

Saturday to follow! (Water on)

Do you guys think i should do a Single fish in the 10g? Like a GSP or somthing else? My mom agreed on the 20 FOWLR so yay! Also i will be setting it up in my room so another yay! The other 20 is gonna be setup after the 20 FOWLR. And the 10 around the same time as the first 20

Sat 23rd, day/night feed

:popcorn:Return of the Jedi was on the telly!
:oops:I got intimate with a bottle of whiskey, game over!

Sun 24th,

120litre -38 +26 Fluval 205 clean complete (2 new sponges) +5ml N+P.

45litre -10 +10

Puffer -6 +6 @1.006 Tank SG 1.004

750litre -50 +100

Night feed. (To follow)

Stock OK, not convinced on Cory, not well again! Aaaaaarrrgh!
The others are doing a dance!

Just bought 3 more tanks. When will it end. Lol Feed frozen brine shrimp to the pals. And ran the lights for 7 hours. All is well. Except 3 of the albino cories I got as a bday gift, have passed away.

Lowering temperature on my quarantine tank after doing 10 days of heat treatment for ich on my new black widow tetra and peppered corys.

White spot stopped showing after second day and fish showed no sign if stress at any point.

Highly recommended this method of treatment. But it's SUCH a relief to be able to return the temperature to normal.

Wait - forgot.
Am planning to put some of my plants in pots, with pottingsoil capped in gravel. I don't like the look of the pots so I attacked them with pliers and filed down the sharp edges. Terracotta is really soft!

pot.jpg

pot2.jpg

Wait - forgot.
Am planning to put some of my plants in pots, with pottingsoil capped in gravel. I don't like the look of the pots so I attacked them with pliers and filed down the sharp edges. Terracotta is really soft!

That's really neat, is it getting pushed down into your gravel or just sitting at the back?

That's really neat, is it getting pushed down into your gravel or just sitting at the back?

I want to bury it into the gravel as much as I can, but the gravel isn't deep enough to completely bury it. Probably will get placed as deep in as I can, and near the back.

Thats a good idea with filing down the pots Masha.

Morning- Small feed for both tanks before work.

Afternoon- Larger feed then a 50% water change on 2 x 20G.

Trimmed back both tanks which had some really long Ludwigia stems and replanted them to make some fairly dense stands. This is such an easy plant to grow. I did the same with my Cabomba but it isn't growing quite as wildly. I also scrubbed some algae off leaves.

During the scrubbing i found three bunches of snail eggs which i assume are from the Ramshorns i bought on Friday. I should have a large population soon if they lay eggs in these kinds of numbers.

Back
Top Bottom