What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today was just a water test on the 4@ and the 20 QT. But....... Yesterday I added 2 new Discus to the 40 and 3 plants. A swordtail a some kind of fern and a something else. Sorry I'm not too well balanced on the plant names but my fish guy said they would all help all the way around. Since the plant addition my ammonia has dropped a tad (ddc4dddc4d) but my pH spiked a bit. I thought it would go down with the newbies. I also traded a buddy my 1/2 cord of firewood for his self contained 6 gal nano sw. I know it's much harder to go small rather than large bc of the parameters but I'm a renter and not a home owner. My landlord is cool with the 40 so far so I'm not gonna push it.

Why would you add discus to a 40g when you have a source of ammonia? And discus need minimum 75g...

Got them all ready for tomorrow's once in a lifetime ICE/Snow storm here in south Mississippi with a 80% water change on all 5 tanks- I'm Exhausted!!!!

FW dipped my clown goby, looked like somthing was wiggleing around on him. This is a pic through 10X on my microscope of what i found. Any ideas?

image-2297151420.jpg

image-3938687160.jpg

So today I placed an Anubias, and some java fern leaflets into my balloon molly tank so the babies would want to come out more. Rather then hiding in the java moss all day. Then I did a water change on my community 20g because it was looking messy. I also purchased 2- 20lb bags of eco complete:) and will be doing more research for a diy co2 system:) I even placed my unused 20g light on my community tank. Hoping to give extra light to my new scarlet temple.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did some PWCs on my 5.5, 2, and 10g. Set up 2 pico aquariums from very old candle jars (used to house moss terrariums) and set up a 1g (hopefully) shrimp bowl. I'm pretty excited to see how the bowl turns out and I would love to put a RCS or two in there in about a month or so:)

Been staring all day. (snow day!)

Fed the tiger barbs their frozen blood worms. I drop it in and they're on the FROZEN block before it even makes it back to the surface. Ferocious eaters.

Also dropped in some frozen blanched zucchini for everybody else, the rainbow shark gets fed at night, although I see him scavenge throughout the day if he isn't defending his territory from the barbs.

My pleco is all about the zucchini.

Fed both tanks. Flakes for the Comets. And flakes and sinking pellets in my community tank. Saw 5/6 Kuhli loaches out and about at once. They're growing in confidence or just getting hungrier.

After a protracted battle with a couple of forms of Algae in my 20g community tank, the second Bristlenose plec (saved from a neglected tank) has combined his eating might with the one i bought. They have just about cleaned the plants up. I did see the Kuhlis picking at the algae low down in the tank and sometimes in the upper regions hanging in the leaves while they munched. The tank is a bit overgrown but it is nice to see the leaves free of algae :D

I still have a tetra with mouth fungus since i have missed the LFS due to overtime at work. Need to buy some meds for it before it gets worse. I had a second tetra with fungus on it's side that seems to have cleared up on it's own. I've done extra WCs to ensure the water quality is the best i can offer. I finish early tomorrow so i'll make it to the shop. I can't buy fish right now as i'm a touch overstocked due to the free fish i saved, 7 in total which wouldn't be too much without the bristlenose. Having two in the tank has sped up the algae cleaning and the smaller one i bought is eating off the leaves at last but i'll have to be vigilant with water quality till i can split some fish into another tank.

Will get a third tank running before monday. I'm looking forwards to scaping this one a lot I'll be moving some Crypts out of my running 20g and will add some driftwood to that where i remove them from. I want to do a complete rescape but don't want to disturb my fish too much. It has taken two weeks for my Kuhlis to come out confidently for day time feedings so i'd prefer they remain stress free.

Removed some GBR and lampeye killie eggs to hatch, moved a newly hatched batch of albino BN plecos to a grow out tub and waiting for some peacock gudgeon eggs to hatch.

BTW My Albino BN babies are growing up beautifully. :D

Visited a lfs in Arlington TX, it had a very nice SW show tank.

Passed on a gorgeous Dumbo Betta to wait for my ideal one, as I have been cutting back tanks :/

Just bought 10 female bettas. I am going to attempt a sorority tank:) Will use eco complete substrate and try to plant it heavily. Then think about co2 system for it

Krissycakes i remember in one of your posts you said that you will be giving out bettas at your cousins B-day? If it were me i would alert all the people recieving the fish on how to properly care for them.

Krissycakes i remember in one of your posts you said that you will be giving out bettas at your cousins B-day? If it were me i would alert all the people recieving the fish on how to properly care for them.

I was going to. But I stopped the process. She may have to find a different centerpiece. Lol I came to the conclusion of the sorority:) pics will be posted later:)

I was going to. But I stopped the process. She may have to find a different centerpiece. Lol I came to the conclusion of the sorority:) pics will be posted later:)

Well it was probably for the best, not everyone is up for the challenge of even keeping a betta. Lol

Today, on my 55g, I reluctantly changed my painted background from blue to black. On my newly started planted dirt capped with sand vase, I changed the water.

Just fed my remaining fish. 4 baby bettas, 1 female betta, and the marbled cray and one of her babies is all I have left now. Hopefully in a couple months I will have my own place again and will be able to start over. I really really miss my aquariums. Also planning on turning one of my empty tanks into a snake tank.

Back
Top Bottom