What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't use a pump to fill my tank but have had issues when my syphon tube decides to escape. I solved the problem by cutting a hole in the emptying end of the tube and using fishing line and a sinker tied through the hole to weigh it down. That is another great idea.

Why not just put a mag float on each side? Mine came with a little clamp for the intake and the output.

I don't use a pump to fill my tank but have had issues when my syphon tube decides to escape. I solved the problem by cutting a hole in the emptying end of the tube and using fishing line and a sinker tied through the hole to weigh it down. That is another great idea.

Basically weighing the pipe? That is a good idea. With the water pumping in though, instead of syphoning out, there's quite a lot of upward force on the pipe (which is why I had so many watery moments) I'd have to weigh it quite heavily.

Basically weighing the pipe? That is a good idea. With the water pumping in though, instead of syphoning out, there's quite a lot of upward force on the pipe (which is why I had so many watery moments) I'd have to weigh it quite heavily.

You can get some fairly large sinkers for deep sea fishing. I have a few in my tackle box but a smaller sinker does the job for siphoning. I also use a sinker to weigh down my airstone. I am looking for 2 suction cups to hold my CO2 line in a line rather than a messy coil. I only decided to use the sinker on the end after wetting a foot for the 100th time :facepalm:

Did PWC on my 2.6g, 10g, and 5.5g. And I ordered Prime and Excel off of Amazon:) I've never used Excel, so I'm pretty excited to finally see how it does:D Hopefully it'll help make my 5.5g a nice little jungle for my CPDs who absolutely love to swim through the plants!

Mixing 20g of SW for my 20g wc on the 37g, already have 15g mixed and ready, but am making 5g more at the moment. Nitrates are still at 50ppm in the 37g.

Got some frozen mysis shrimp from the lfs, 30 cubes for $7!

badeva3y.jpg

Keeping an eye on my bfs Cory. Then going to my house to take care of my tanks and maybe bring one to his apartment later today. Also need to take plants and snails out for shipments this Monday. Busy busy

Done with the 20g wc! All went good, now i gotta test nitrate!

Washed out everything in the canister filter w/fresh saltwater. Hopefully they will go down.

Weekly WC. Gave the Staurogynes repens and mini-AR in the foreground a trim and replanted the cuttings. Cut off the dying older leaves on the broadleaf chain swords and regular AR.
Taking this time to sit back and stare at it.
t0j1atr.jpg

Water Change Day....

WC and moved a few things around on cichlid tank, one of my kadangos has taken to being a little bossy so that will hopefully help that. All levels great, fed and watched.

WC and fed adult guppy tank and moved their plants around... Still fighting urge to get rid of the plastic plants and go real!!

WC on grow out tank - need to move a couple out that are big enough to go in with the adults, will do that tonight. Fed them crushed flake and prepared egg yolk for dinner time.

Did WC on my sons Black Moor tank, and fed. thinking he may need to be rehomed soon as son has lost interest and I have more than enough to do with the other tanks..

WC for my bettas, fed and watched them.

I get sick of the work with WC's - running too many tanks I think!! Once these babies are grown out that will eliminate that tank, going to leave the guppies to deliver in the tank now as I am getting overstocked. But then when I sit back and see them all happy and active after it's worth it.

Jeez I haven't been on AA in a very long time! Everything is so busy lately. Anyways, today I set up the sump for my cube. My build thread is on here if anybody wants to follow. It's boring now, but I have some great plans.

Completed drip acclimation of 7 new fish in the 20g. Now i'm well overstocked so i plan to spend a couple of hours setting up my next tank now. New arrivals are much paler than their old tankmates but looking much healthier since they have been in a tank with filtered water. No idea how long they went without a filter but they weren't well when i spotted them. New BP does not like being fondled by Khulis :lol:

Weekly WC. Gave the Staurogynes repens and mini-AR in the foreground a trim and replanted the cuttings. Cut off the dying older leaves on the broadleaf chain swords and regular AR.
Taking this time to sit back and stare at it.
t0j1atr.jpg

Looking great Fresh20
Water Change Day....

WC and moved a few things around on cichlid tank, one of my kadangos has taken to being a little bossy so that will hopefully help that. All levels great, fed and watched.

WC and fed adult guppy tank and moved their plants around... Still fighting urge to get rid of the plastic plants and go real!!

WC on grow out tank - need to move a couple out that are big enough to go in with the adults, will do that tonight. Fed them crushed flake and prepared egg yolk for dinner time.

Did WC on my sons Black Moor tank, and fed. thinking he may need to be rehomed soon as son has lost interest and I have more than enough to do with the other tanks..

WC for my bettas, fed and watched them.

I get sick of the work with WC's - running too many tanks I think!! Once these babies are grown out that will eliminate that tank, going to leave the guppies to deliver in the tank now as I am getting overstocked. But then when I sit back and see them all happy and active after it's worth it.

I'll be up to three running tanks by the end of today. Will cycle the filter in my overstocked running tank for the 20g i'm about to set up and divide the fish in about 2-3 weeks.

Jeez I haven't been on AA in a very long time! Everything is so busy lately. Anyways, today I set up the sump for my cube. My build thread is on here if anybody wants to follow. It's boring now, but I have some great plans.

It's easy to get busy before and after Christmas. I had an uneventful Christmas period this year but i did notice a lot of regulars on here seemed to go MIA. Welcome back.

Added a betta to my betta tank, went to a LFS that's closing in a few days and picked up their last Otto, a gold apisto, and a snail for my 29g and a moonlight gourami and another snail for my 55g.

I'll be up to three running tanks by the end of today. Will cycle the filter in my overstocked running tank for the 20g i'm about to set up and divide the fish in about 2-3 weeks.

My problem is that I'm a sucker for any fish that look at me 'begging me' to take them home... Sigh....

Just got my Seachem Prime and Excel today in the mail (less than 24 hours from the time I ordered until I got it!). Did a dosing of Excel in my 5.5g and 10g--excited to see how this stuff works since it's my first time using it:)

I also got the okay on getting the 20g Long:D *small victory dance* I will probably be able to go get it later this week!

Went to the lfs and bought nerite snails for the 3g, did a 5g wc on the 20 and redosed prazipro. Filled up the 10g QT and am going to go pick out a new fish for the 37g wednsday.

Today was just a water test on the 4@ and the 20 QT. But....... Yesterday I added 2 new Discus to the 40 and 3 plants. A swordtail a some kind of fern and a something else. Sorry I'm not too well balanced on the plant names but my fish guy said they would all help all the way around. Since the plant addition my ammonia has dropped a tad (??) but my pH spiked a bit. I thought it would go down with the newbies. I also traded a buddy my 1/2 cord of firewood for his self contained 6 gal nano sw. I know it's much harder to go small rather than large bc of the parameters but I'm a renter and not a home owner. My landlord is cool with the 40 so far so I'm not gonna push it.

Back
Top Bottom