Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #3681
Aquarium Advice Addict

Leak tested and cleaned the 29g I bought yesterday. Woke up to a full tank of water on the porch also cleaned up/did a close inspection of the stand. They did some strengthening modifications with some boards. Overall, not too bad.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #3682
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did a full round of water tests. Nitrates are still 0 but so is nitrite and ammonia. Guess the plants are using the nitrogen in the tank as quickly as it is produced. Time to move to weekly testing. Added Excel. Fed fish and enjoyed watching them eat. Noted how beautifully clear the water is and how healthy and active the fish look. Plants are growing like crazy. Noted a little brown algae on a few ruffle sword leaves that wont go away. Noted a little fungus on the driftwood. Life is good.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #3683
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub. Re arranged the tank, added more plants.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #3684
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I did another 30% PWC on the 55g (fourth one this week). QTed my angel, medicated and salted the angel, fed everyone, did a PWC on the 5.5, 3, and 10. Then did, yet another ammonia test on the salt tank (so want it to cycle faster:P)
Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #3685

Well i did my normal routine this moning feeding topping off evaporation.. but after alot of thinking i have decided to try n find new homes for my stock in the 55g i just am not happy with the whole setup.. so im now looking for local people or mayb neighboring states to give my 2 angels, 4 bronze cories, 4 albino cories and dwarf sunset honey gourami to.. if i woulda listened to my gut and not let the hubby pick my stock i wouldnt be here now
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #3686
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yesterday I observed some white fungus growing on my driftwood. Last night I observed one of my pristella tetras picking at it. This morning it was all gone. Must have been yummy. Other than noting the disappearing fungus, I just observed my fish and the new leaf on my ruffle sword that grew another couple of inches today.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #3687
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Well i did my normal routine this moning feeding topping off evaporation.. but after alot of thinking i have decided to try n find new homes for my stock in the 55g i just am not happy with the whole setup.. so im now looking for local people or mayb neighboring states to give my 2 angels, 4 bronze cories, 4 albino cories and dwarf sunset honey gourami to.. if i woulda listened to my gut and not let the hubby pick my stock i wouldnt be here now
You know what they say: Too many keepers spoil the stocking. Good luck with rehoming.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #3688
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Depending on what I can pick up at the $1/gal sale this week I might be interested in the cories and/or angels. I'm only in Hammond - not too far away. Are the angels a pair?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #3689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Depending on what I can pick up at the $1/gal sale this week I might be interested in the cories and/or angels. I'm only in Hammond - not too far away. Are the angels a pair?
Sent you a pm
Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #3690
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I added bettafix to my 3G with my Betta and continued on day 3 of calming my nitrite spike in my 10g freshwater aquarium.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com