What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added sand, planted my new Blyxa, and pushed some flourish tabs to help get the new plants strong!

--> 36g rescape --> http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329154

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Yeah yeah yeah, where are some update pictures?! Have you considered making your own root tabs? I was using flourish and then came across Mebbid's post on making your own, followed the directions and within two weeks I can tell a difference. Plus they're a lot cheaper. I bought a pack of 1000 gel capsules because it came with an automatic filler and I'm not sure how long fertilizer lasts, so if you want any I could send you some. I have wayyyyy too many.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah yeah yeah, where are some update pictures?! Have you considered making your own root tabs? I was using flourish and then came across Mebbid's post on making your own, followed the directions and within two weeks I can tell a difference. Plus they're a lot cheaper. I bought a pack of 1000 gel capsules because it came with an automatic filler and I'm not sure how long fertilizer lasts, so if you want any I could send you some. I have wayyyyy too many.

Lol, pictures are here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329154 in my other thread.

And thanks for the heads up on the DIY root fertilizers. I'll go look that up!

? Diana Lee ?

36g Rescape in Progress!

A "BN" is - ?? :]

Bought Squiggles, the squiggly BN.
And platies, and a swordtail for my cousins, and another albino BN. Yes, I know, only keep one unless they are paired. I'm hoping they will pair, but until then they are pretty small.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

A "BN" is - ?? :]

Bristlenose Pleco. I hope. Sorta looks like a common.... Too small to truly tell

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Lol, pictures are here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329154 in my other thread.

And thanks for the heads up on the DIY root fertilizers. I'll go look that up!

? Diana Lee ?

36g Rescape in Progress!

Oh, I even clicked there. I got so distracted by the dog and his little stuffed shark I didn't even notice the second picture. Looking good!

Are Mebbid's directions for the DIY root ferts somewhere in this forum, or elsewhere? I wouldn't mind having a look at the recipe. :D TY

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, algae scrub and rearranged his tank. Removed lot's of frogbit this stuff is literally taking over my tank's!
Waiting for a new purple apple snail to arrive, it's going in my shrimp tank. :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422971516.696285.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422971533.211966.jpg

My dad had the idea of adding some shells we got from the beach over the years to my soon-to-be African cichlid tank. Sure it's not a saltwater tank but I think it looks pretty cool.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g tetras/dojo loach/clown pleco
~75g going to be African cichlids

View attachment 263154
View attachment 263155

My dad had the idea of adding some shells we got from the beach over the years to my soon-to-be African cichlid tank. Sure it's not a saltwater tank but I think it looks pretty cool.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs

It looks awesome! I love the shells! I keep finding that a lot of freshwater tanks can be much prettier then saltwater tanks in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks awesome! I love the shells! I keep finding that a lot of freshwater tanks can be much prettier then saltwater tanks in my opinion.

Thanks! Makes me feel better someone agrees :)

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs

Went through and fed all 10 tanks, about half of them got frozens as well. My Electric Catfish and Paddle-tail Newt both got an earthworm. 50% wc on my Electric, and tonight we get started with our new 50 pound bag of black blasting sand. Probably a water change on all the puffers tanks tonight as well.

I bought some fish. Ember tetras and Otos. Acclimating at the moment; will live in the QT for a few weeks.
Did a big trim in my planted tank and mailed out a bunch of plants. Tank is still in disarray. Going to remove the star repens and AR mini patches and replant only the healthy stems (a reboot if you will.

Bought Squiggles, the squiggly BN.
And platies, and a swordtail for my cousins, and another albino BN. Yes, I know, only keep one unless they are paired. I'm hoping they will pair, but until then they are pretty small.

Squiggles, so cute!!! What in MD are you?

I bought some fish. Ember tetras and Otos. Acclimating at the moment; will live in the QT for a few weeks.
Did a big trim in my planted tank and mailed out a bunch of plants. Tank is still in disarray. Going to remove the star repens and AR mini patches and replant only the healthy stems (a reboot if you will.

I recently gave my sole otos some friends, quite an active, happy group now!

Yay new fishies!! Can't wait to see them!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I ordered a bunch of plants from peabodys paradise. Got them randomly placed around my tank until this weekend after my exams when I can actually take the time and get to work on moving them where I want.

21IXRQd.jpg

Squiggles, so cute!!! What in MD are you?

Where? I'm in the Baltimore/Harford/Cecil area. Sorry, I try not to be too specific online. My go to LFS is House of Tropicals, they are freakishly knowledgeable, and Tom's Tropicals is okay but smaller.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom