What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will be my first cichlid besides a bolivian ram if you can even count those.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

More pic's! ;)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday: One of the peacocks was in the cave all day so that put off doing any work with the plants in that tank. Did a WC in the badis tank. Tested the bypass opening in the Spec 5 that I had sealed, that's good to go. Rehomed the australe pair; I like peaceful tanks and fish and that female was just plain nasty. Going to replace them with a small group of dwarf amber barbs from Msjinkzd. Put the sole habrosus in the betta tank but that didn't last long. There is a reason he's called Pi Betta Psycho. Doesn't bother the green rasboras or the shrimp but just wouldn't leave that poor cory alone. So I'm ordering some more friends for him. Got bored last night and put this together in less than an hour:

img_3189933_0_b79d641821d3933063dc112e682b5513.jpg

Found the bowl in the basement, put in some potting soil, capped with sand, threw in some moneywort clippings and a few dwarf sag. Added a couple MTS and a single RCS. Downside of this project is having somewhat large hands and not the greatest eyesight ;)

Quiet morning here so far...coffee is brewing and I'm just watching the MTS move around the Project Tank.

Yesterday: dosed my 10 and 20 gallons with excel, flourish, and API leaf zone. Then cleaned the filter pads. Sat infront of my new Spec 5 fluval nano reef (currently cycling) and I moved some of shells around in my ten gal so the shellies would get along better

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just can't catch a break right now.

Think I found the reason for the algae in the top of the 72G, I have been leaving the night moon lights on. Pretty sure that and adding more of a Ken's Flake food to their diet so going to try and clean the filter (FX-5) - scary monster filter that I am sure will end up with gallons of water to clean off my floor. The last time went well but the time before ...:facepalm::blink:

Then the WORST thing.

Been trying to decide about my Urchin in the tank with the new frags and decided to move a few frags but ended up moving one beautiful Sunset Montipora to try it out in the 12G. Cleaned a little and added water for evaporation.

Earlier in the evening, got an Emerald Crab for $5. that was a good thing added to the 12G.

Disaster struck. I went to bed. Saturday morning, found that the tank looked a bit cloudy, and realized the clamp light on the side tipped over sideways on the rimless tank and was soaking in the water light bulb and some of the fixture.

Things weren't apparently electrocuted because it wasn't on and it didn't trip the efi, and the crabs and snails were still alive. BUT it made everything close and look awful. White stuff on the huge Monti Rock and most getting a film and sloughing off tissue.

So before work I had to remove and rinse off everything in the Prime water solution in hopes of removing anything bad and stack it all over in the 15G.

The once beautiful Monti frag bleached the big Monti rock is a long lived and establish one and seems like it had a little damage but looks better today, and the other ones after the move seemed like they are coming around.

The Emerald crab, was able to remove him asap, but the Porcelain, I looked through all the rock 3 times didn't see her alive, nor a body. Sunday night found her and got her out and a bunch of snails were climbing up the side and saved them too. The tank is a real mess right now. Very cloudy and I'm not quite sure what is needed to fix it all yet. The little Xenia is looking mighty poor. Time for a new mending the damage thread.

On a positive note the Urchin has cleaned off (2x), the frag plug that my Pinwheels Zoa is on and now they are opened even more and standing tall looking really good and because the algae is gone I see 2 polyps I couldn't see before and one I couldn't really see if was actually a polyp or not since it was small and in the middle of a bit of algae!

Also on Friday got some Cherry shrimp and the Edge tank for my daughter. Cleaned my old glass tank part and switched the "glass tanks" as the one newly purchased was "de-rimmed". Someone took a razorblade and cut the top piece off so it looks like a rimless 6.6G (with a glass lid) :huh:

Trimmed some Bolbitis Fern about 10" and got an Anubias which was going crazy having little plantlets an cut it in half so she would have a couple tough plants to get started with and some awesome Petrified Wood stone and a holey rock too. Cut some foot long pieces of Elodea for the shrimp bowl out of my other 6.6G Edge and fed the Assassin snail and shrimp which came with a bowl.

LOL, :ermm: I think that was all.

I bought a new 5.5g kit and set it up for blue shrimp in a few weeks. (Pulled plants,substrate and some media from my others so there should be enough bio film and bacteria for a quick cycle). Added some guppy fry as an ammonia source because we have tons of them in our guppy tank.

I also got my first piece of driftwood ever. I had been looking and looking but never found one I liked. Finally saw one and then brought it home and broke it into 3 pieces and 2 went into my chili rasbora and yellow Sakura 12g.

I bought a new 5.5g kit and set it up for blue shrimp in a few weeks. (Pulled plants,substrate and some media from my others so there should be enough bio film and bacteria for a quick cycle). Added some guppy fry as an ammonia source because we have tons of them in our guppy tank.

I also got my first piece of driftwood ever. I had been looking and looking but never found one I liked. Finally saw one and then brought it home and broke it into 3 pieces and 2 went into my chili rasbora and yellow Sakura 12g.

What kit did you buy? And what type of blues are you planning? I currently have blue dreams with carbon rili that are producing some awesome looking shrimplets!

Looking forward to pics of the new tank (y)

I got the top fin one. I debated between that and the spec but I decided to not have to mess around with changing the intake and everything on it. You did an awesome job on yours but with the toddler running around I know I would never get to it! I changed out the media that came with that filter and then have some extra lights for it.

I just ran out of room for photos so I need to figure out an app/site to use to link to. As soon as I do I will post pics.

And I think I am going with blue jelly. I found someone who made his own line. (He posted a video on one of the shrimp fb groups. Htn inverts) he's only about 3 hours away so they don't have too far to be shipped to me :)

Darn. Showing as broken links :/ I am going to have to figure out why.

Sweet!! Thanks!

I regret not getting it sooner for the older tanks! The shrimp flocked to it too

My new tank arrived today for my vampire shrimp, hubby put up the stand for me. Going to have to start rinsing the sand! And need to check everythingis ok 1427208046489.jpg1427208069594.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

My new tank arrived today for my vampire shrimp, hubby put up the stand for me. Going to have to start rinsing the sand! And need to check everythingis ok

New tank, yay! Looking forward to more pics, I think those shrimp are fascinating!

Back
Top Bottom