Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #3801
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water change and brine shimp day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #3802
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
Wc on both tanks. In the 10g I have been babying a sprig of water wisteria that I left floating for about a month, now it's a nice mat. I moved it to the 29 which has a sprig of wisteria so I'm doing it all over again. added new dw to the 29g. It's been a productive Friday. On CL, I found a 70g tank+stand. It's 75 obo and for an extra $20, they will deliver. I have the $$ but I've to hold myself back from buying it. :no room; :bang head:
That sounds Like me and tanks I saw a 200g on the Canadian version of CL(kijiji), for 650$ with 2 fluval fx5 filters, stand, heater,..... Plus free delivery and a guarantee it doesn't leak. I took all my self control not to buy it (also not sure my floors could handle the weight)

Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #3803
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Haha, today I realized that I made a bit of a mistake last night...

All day, I've noticed a funny smell in the area around my kitchen/part of my living room. A nasty dead seafood smell. I checked around my crayfish tank on my kitchen counter for escapees and I did a headcount on my 56 gallon that is in the living room near the kitchen. Everyone was accounted for. Thought it could possibly be something in the fridge that has gone bad, but I just cleaned the fridge out. Then a few minutes ago I remembered that I set frozen brine and bloodworms out to thaw and couldn't remember actually feeding them to the fish. Look on top of the tank, and there the cup was, reeking of bad seafood. Our air conditioner is not working well, so the place averages about 80 degrees. So it was pretty gross. So I rinsed the cup and thawed some more, so tonight they will get their frozen food. I was clearly forgetful last night - earlier I threw out the leftover mashed potatoes I forgot to put in the fridge last night.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #3804
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had a "you know you got it bad" moment. I just couldn't wait to do my weekly routine pwc and maintenance today because I really like doing it. It isn't work. It's a labor of love. The most work of it is clean the buckets, brushes, gravel vac and putting them all away. The actual work on and in the tank just doesn't seem like work.

And after that today, I just sat back and enjoyed watching my happy fish doing their fishy things.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #3805
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post
I had a "you know you got it bad" moment. I just couldn't wait to do my weekly routine pwc and maintenance today because I really like doing it. It isn't work. It's a labor of love. The most work of it is clean the buckets, brushes, gravel vac and putting them all away. The actual work on and in the tank just doesn't seem like work.

And after that today, I just sat back and enjoyed watching my happy fish doing their fishy things.
I love how you call it a labor of love. So true.

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #3806
Aquarium Advice Addict

I removed the rocks from my tank, and replaced with another two caves ready for my apistogrammas. I moved some plants around and will be picking up some more today. I also removed my fluval u2 and left my fluval u3's in there. The tank is really coming along! Tonight I will add some almond leaf extract to get the pH on a slow decent ready for the apiso's.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #3807
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi trimmed up the plants in my six foot tank and rehomed the Red Tail Black Shark,he had started really harassing my Colombian Tetras to the point they were not coming out Added some more bogwood and done a 90 litre water change,now planning on new additions Tomorrow cleaning the fluval 405 and doing a 60 litre water change on me five footer and probably rescue loads of shrimps from the filter
Old 07-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #3808
Aquarium Advice Regular

Added a background and some zebra danios which are my fav freshwater fish.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #3809
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I found 2 dead otos not too sure what happened tested the water all was perfect (0,0,5) did a 50%pwc just to mske sure
Old 07-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #3810
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
I found 2 dead otos not too sure what happened tested the water all was perfect (0,0,5) did a 50%pwc just to mske sure
That's no good they can be sensitive little buggers.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com