Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #4121
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I changed water in my QT that has a betta with nipped fins in it. I went through my snails and pulled the ones for shipping tomorrow. I ordered a new small betta tank and a floating log and 4 nets for $28! (betta tank is 1.1 g for temporary housing). I am trading snails and a small amount of cash for a 29g tank with metal stand to go in the basement- sealed that deal today. Its been a decent day for fish related things.

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #4122
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I added two German Blue Rams to my tank today! They even accepted bloodworms really well.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #4123
Aquarium Advice Activist

Trimmed a plantlet off my java fern
Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #4124
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Angelfish laid eggs for real!

I watched my Koi Angelfish fertilize the eggs and fan them, Some of them were eaten. Male has been fertilizing the eggs off and on for 1.5 hours.

I thought those two have been up to something!!!

They won't likely live even if they hatch as there are lots of other fish which would want to eat them.

So maybe for next time I can find them a slate I can move.

Excited and bummed out at the same time!!!

Rinsed out my prefilter in my Edge tank this morning.

I think I am going to have to keep a notebook as it was pretty gunky and I know I did a cleaning on it not TOO long ago!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #4125
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This was actually yesterdays work but I was too tired last night to post.

I finally got my test kit in! Unfortunately my ammonia in my tank was terrible...I'm assuming it spiked when my pleco went in and it's what's been affecting my betta. I did about a 30-40% water change, added a little extra slime coat, turned the heater up a small amount (which it seems like everyone enjoyed) and I'm going to continue small water changes over the next few days while adding small amounts of aquarium salt to the tank. So far, my betta has been doing a lot better since.

Unfortunately, two more RCS died...I'm pretty sure the last one is too but I didn't have time to check this morning. Disappointing, but I've learned a few lessons. I think I'll wait a few weeks and give it another shot once the params check out.

Hoping to pick up some slate from the local stone masonry to make some inserts for my two tanks I'm working on.
CephalopodCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #4126
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Water change tonight after work and tomorrow I shall peruse the lfs for some new additions.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #4127
Aquarium Advice Activist

Might go to the LFS later tonight and pick up some cardinal tetras, but I'm just about to do a 20% PWC
Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #4128
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I'm waiting for it to cool off a little, then I will be doing some water changes and washing off the massive chunk of driftwood that is still in the trunk of my car. Then maybe I can figure out a way to soak it. I will probably have to fill up my 40 where it is on the floor and soak it in there. I'm hoping the heat of my trunk for a day has killed off any spiders on it! I had a spider drop into my car window and disappear somewhere on my door earlier today, so I'm not in the mood to have any others jump out at me!
If I haven't reached the point of heat exhaustion by that point, I may set up my 20 longs somewhat. Still need a few pieces of equipment, but those will be making their way here shortly.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #4129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
I'm waiting for it to cool off a little, then I will be doing some water changes and washing off the massive chunk of driftwood that is still in the trunk of my car. Then maybe I can figure out a way to soak it. I will probably have to fill up my 40 where it is on the floor and soak it in there. I'm hoping the heat of my trunk for a day has killed off any spiders on it! I had a spider drop into my car window and disappear somewhere on my door earlier today, so I'm not in the mood to have any others jump out at me!
If I haven't reached the point of heat exhaustion by that point, I may set up my 20 longs somewhat. Still need a few pieces of equipment, but those will be making their way here shortly.
Massive hunk of wood from a hunk of a guy!!!! Lol
Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #4130
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post

Massive hunk of wood from a hunk of a guy!!!! Lol
Lol! It's been rinsed, along with the stand. Once we put the kittens to bed I will haul it all inside. Btw, want a kitten? We have a slight infestation.

But something terrifying just happened - a wasp got inside and landed on my 56 gallon. Smart wasp - we couldn't hit it or spray it! My boyfriend just very carefully squished it with a shoe... then got stung by the corpse.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com