What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Substrate swap is never fun. I helped my neighbor yesterday change his 55 from pink/yellow aquarium gravel to natural color pea pebbles. Took us close to two hours mostly because he has a large school of neons that are extremely zippy haha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I do believe you are correct. I got the substrate in and am now working on getting the water cleared up.

I added play sand to my 10 gal QT...would have been fine if I rinsed in first. Instant cloud of junk that was no fun to clean up. Never doing that again!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added new driftwood and plants and treated for ick. Pretty ticked off about the latter. Now I'm sitting here wishing my 55g water was as clear as my 20g. Hopefully it will pass in time, the tank is only about 3 weeks old.

Whew! 1.5 hours to go from draining the tank to completely replacing the substrate, refilling, and beginning the reacclimation process for my fish.

Thankfully i had a bud of mine helping out. He may not be the smartest and hes definitely not the best around. But he doesnt ask for much in return and hes dependable!

uploadfromtaptalk1430708946306.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430708992670.jpg

The tank has a lot of clearing up to do, but it'll happen when im sleeping.

Whew! 1.5 hours to go from draining the tank to completely replacing the substrate, refilling, and beginning the reacclimation process for my fish.

Thankfully i had a bud of mine helping out. He may not be the smartest and hes definitely not the best around. But he doesnt ask for much in return and hes dependable!

View attachment 271595View attachment 271596

My bud also gives me patience in times of stress :beer:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fish wrangler, it will take a while to clear up no matter what. I cleaned it for 1\2 an hour and it still took 5 days to clear up. It looks great though.

VERY relieved to find my fish well after a week roadtrip and an automatic feeder that likes to short and not feed. Betta and shark are doing great tho! Doing 15% wc's on both tanks today once I get home and then adding plants when they come in the mail. Happy fish, happy life! :ROFLMAO::fish2:

Was out and about doing some errands and found an aquaclear 70 at petsmart for $20. Since ive really been wanting one of these filters and my marineland had the motor burn out I have a new filter now! :)

Was out and about doing some errands and found an aquaclear 70 at petsmart for $20. Since ive really been wanting one of these filters and my marineland had the motor burn out I have a new filter now! :)

Nice. Maybe I will check and see if any of mine have them. You can never have too many back up filters lol

I did all my water changes and moved around a couple plants. Someone in my biggest tank likes to eat it so it got moved to my blue velvet shrimp tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got my plants in my tank today. Kind of happy with the placement, it will change then they grow out a bit.

lEf9wJm.jpg

Very nice mebbid! Looks like it is already grown in

On the right i have a lot of plants that are very small. Most are aponogetons as well as a red tiger lotus that just wasnt growing with the dirted setup.

On the right i have a lot of plants that are very small. Most are aponogetons as well as a red tiger lotus that just wasnt growing with the dirted setup.

What did you change the substrate to? It looks like black sand or something similar.

Tried and failed in my attempt to locate an adult assassin snail in my 10 gallon. Just saw him in there a few days ago...

Back
Top Bottom