What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was watching 55 gallon tank and was mabey thinking of splicing it into 4 section so I could try to breed clowns in.it

Added 10 ghost shrimp and 2 male dwarf honey Gourami. Came home to no a/c!!! Tank was at 84:( so I unplugged the heater and turned the light off. Fish and plants should be ok till morning when I can get the a/c fixed.

Checked in on my oscar and albino acf's tank today and noticed the tetra whisper filter wasn't running! Pulled the intake tube up to see if the impeller was running and it wasn't! Put it back on and the filter come to life. Looks like I'm gonna need to replace/update the filter. Probably gonna go with another penguin 350 like I have on my community tank that way when I upgrade to a bigger tank I will already have a sufficient filter. Their only in a 20g right now. I know, I know, but the oscar is still pretty small and I AM going to upgrade. So please no crude comments lol

TankMan said:
purchased some crypt wendtii and some hornwort. really hoping that the hornwort grows like a weed!!!! fingers crossed. :popcorn:

Mine didn't do alot until I dosed with liquid ferts. Then it took off!

Tetra1990 said:
Added 10 ghost shrimp and 2 male dwarf honey Gourami. Came home to no a/c!!! Tank was at 84:( so I unplugged the heater and turned the light off. Fish and plants should be ok till morning when I can get the a/c fixed.

Maybe float a bag of ice to help cool it off?

I made a water changer today. I had bought the ones they sell but it wouldn't fit on or in my faucet. So I went to my local hardware store and bought all the pieces I needed for 16.98$. I am so proud and happy because this hobby can get expensive. It empties and fills :)

Hmm. Continued the expansion from under my tank stand to through the wall into my garage to add more equipment. In the process of plumbing in a second protein skimmer externally in the garage (a red sea c skim 1800). Little worried about the outlet connection on it too, looks like it pops off easy. Had to build a support to hold it on the wall as my garage is lower so my skimmer had to sit higher than the sump. Now my wife is getting really crabby cuz I now have a chiller, 20# Co2 setup and a skimmer coming through the sheetrock lol.

LMAO

Could always get one of the porcelain crabs and say you got it for her (kidding)

yes my wife would kill me if I put a thumb tack in the wall yet alone a hole lol

sounds like you have your hands full if expanding into garage

Tetra1990 said:

Update: a/c is running and tank is at 78. One of my dwarf honey gourami fought the filter and the filter won last night:( the other male is doing great, eating, getting along with everyone and my blackskirts have adopted him. Getting some floating plants this weekend.

Did water changes, rearranged some decor in the 5 and the 30, planted the two onion bulbs that sprouted in my 5 in my 20. Fed everyone.

Took the sand out if my 30 and put regular pea gravel in. Changed some deco around between tanks

set up new lights
can't believe the difference see things in tank I didn't know looked so good lol
tank with new aquatic-life t-5's HO 10kwhite/blue
not a bad light for a $100 bucks going to get another next month
flower pot finally came out full today hasn't done this in a long while glad its happy again

Tetra1990 said:
Took out some dead java fern, noticed a ton of growth in my many many baby java ferns. Doused liquid ferts, fed the crew. Replanted one of my melon swords and my male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased.

This is an old post but what does ur melon sword look like? Pic please? I have an unknown plant in my tank and someone said it might be a melon sword.

Sillyfishies said:
This is an old post but what does ur melon sword look like? Pic please? I have an unknown plant in my tank and someone said it might be a melon sword.

Here it is. I was advised to not bury the roots. I have 2 of them this one is doing great, my other one is not growing as well. I have a sand bottom, and add seachem liquid ferts 2x a week.

Attachments

• image-910450173.jpg
    image-910450173.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 96
Tetra1990 said:
Here it is. I was advised to not bury the roots. I have 2 of them this one is doing great, my other one is not growing as well. I have a sand bottom, and add seachem liquid ferts 2x a week.

Mine is definitely not a melon sword. I have 1 fluorescent bulb. 10 watt I think. And a gravel bottom and I add no Co2 or ferts. And in the month I've had them they have grown from mid tank to out of it

Attachments

• image-273036231.jpg
    image-273036231.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 97
Well I didn't post in here but I've switched my 75 gallon to black sand. Water change in the BC29 and a water change on my new Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 gallon.

image-3020567188.jpg

image-2799558280.jpg

I told my fishies to not die while I'm gone. Or go ahead. Stupid fish

Edit* my mom wont let me donate these stupid ugly zebra danios. Don't want to kill em so I still take care of them. Just hope they randomly die from a reason I couldn't have prevented.

Back
Top Bottom