What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to the lfs bought five nassarius snails and ended up bring home a yellow goby :)

Did a water change and added the new members

For my 75g I upped the filtration with a emperor 400. It was very noisy but has quieted down some..my 350 is quieter then it . I dont know why they just fix the impeller problem all together..you think the amount of complaints they get there would be a solution finally..lol anyways I also got a pleco for my 75g but I put him in my 36g unroll the 75 finishes its cycle:)

awilson133 said:
For my 75g I upped the filtration with a emperor 400. It was very noisy but has quieted down some..my 350 is quieter then it . I dont know why they just fix the impeller problem all together..you think the amount of complaints they get there would be a solution finally..lol anyways I also got a pleco for my 75g but I put him in my 36g unroll the 75 finishes its cycle:)

I've found that if I'm pouring water directly into the filter box at the same time I turn it on it isn't as loud and once it gets the suction and all that going good it is real quiet. I can't even hear mine. Just a soft hum and trickle. It started to get a little noisy after a few months and I sprayed out the filter to get rid of any gunk and it e's back to be super quiet again.

Bearchumjs said:
I've found that if I'm pouring water directly into the filter box at the same time I turn it on it isn't as loud and once it gets the suction and all that going good it is real quiet. I can't even hear mine. Just a soft hum and trickle. It started to get a little noisy after a few months and I sprayed out the filter to get rid of any gunk and it e's back to be super quiet again.

See I do that too! Mines a soft hum. This one I got from a friend is like a chain saw...its awful. Anyways lol

I went to aquatropics and picked up some jungle vals and some ottos ( ottos only $0.99!!! So i bought them all for my 55) but when i was there love was certainly in the water lol.

The red devils had spawned and had free swimming fry of 2 weeks
The pair guarding the fry.
image-1224804743.jpg
The fry ( hidden in the gravel , may be hard to see sorry)

image-2096164146.jpg

And the tank divided ( left is baby side and right is everyone elses)

image-1953982866.jpg

I also saw angelfish laying eggs. It was AMAZING! ( have pics may post.)

Attachments

• image-2800556184.jpg
    image-2800556184.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 72
Added a 3rd aqua tech 30/60 to the 75 gallon along with 3 Chinese algae eaters. Fed the jacks some ghost shrimp in the 55 gallon( they have been on their best behavior lately) pwc on the 30 gallon festae fry tank and did water test on all 5 tanks. Time to kick back and drink a few beers.

5 gallon water change on my bio cube 29 and a quick once over at live stock and corals. Checked skimmer, heater, pump and power head.

75% water change on my 75g African Cichlid tank. Added my buffer and some Cichlid salt. Cleaned the glass outside and in. Checked all filters and did a head count. Also added fresh bag of carbon to the AC110 and added a new piece of driftwood.

Checked salinity in BC29 and my new innovative marine Nuvo 8 gallon nano tank. All in check.

Moved some amazon swords into our other tanks so I could put a clearing in my planted 55g fancy goldfish tank & restore their bubble wall. I am ecstatic about it!

Feed my African cichlids and African dwarf pond frogs and tested my water:)

Currently changing my 5 gallon from mixed green and natural gravel to sand. Ugh. First I had to net probably a dozen ghost shrimp, and now I am sifting through the gravel to pull out some of the green gravel and the larger stones. I'm going to mix these in with the sand. The sand is black diamond blasting grit, and it is rinsing in my tub. This is going to take a while, my back is killing me from work but I'm going to power through and get this done. I want it nice and ready for its new inhabitants that are coming this week, some baby marbled crayfish. I'm keeping them in the 5 gallon until they grow a little, then they are going in the 58. Tomorrow I get to clean the 58 to get ready for the angels and bn plecos that are coming this week. I get three days off in a row, though, so I get to work on my tanks quite a bit this week.

Alyxx said:
Currently changing my 5 gallon from mixed green and natural gravel to sand. Ugh. First I had to net probably a dozen ghost shrimp, and now I am sifting through the gravel to pull out some of the green gravel and the larger stones. I'm going to mix these in with the sand. The sand is black diamond blasting grit, and it is rinsing in my tub. This is going to take a while, my back is killing me from work but I'm going to power through and get this done. I want it nice and ready for its new inhabitants that are coming this week, some baby marbled crayfish. I'm keeping them in the 5 gallon until they grow a little, then they are going in the 58. Tomorrow I get to clean the 58 to get ready for the angels and bn plecos that are coming this week. I get three days off in a row, though, so I get to work on my tanks quite a bit this week.

Edit: I sorted out all those green stones and didn't even use them. I decided to pick up a small bag of red gravel instead. Maybe. I like how it looks. I also put some plastic mesh on the holes on the back to keep future crayfish from escaping like my last one. I also hooked a better air pump up to the sponge filter and added an airstone, because the pump has two outlets. All in all a productive night, even if it took forever. I'll post pictures when the sand settles.

Edit: didn't mean to double post, that was supposed to be an edit...

Went to do a pwc n notices they were workin on the water i filled up my water bucket n happened to look down n see muddy lookin water ..decided to wait n try again in a couple says..still cant find my missin oto..oh n i totally killd my poor frogbit..i forgot my lights on last night n woke up to dead plants...oops..need to go buy a timer soon..

Moving my RCS to my 35Gal tank, replacing deco in my nano tank and off to buy new shrimps for it. Also getting a school of Black Neon Tetras today, should be quite busy later today :)

Went out and got a slew of plastic plants in hopes of saving some fry from my afras. $50 later my fish really seem to like it. My tank needed some color anyway :D

Been watching my mickey mouse moon a lot lately. She's looking pretty fat and looks to be squareing off :) hopeing to have some fry within a week or so. Fingers crossed! Although I think my pictus cat and red tailed black shark my have other plans for them.

25 % on the 29 g. Will dose ferts and feed later. Forgot to turn on my lights when I left for work again. I need a timer...

Back
Top Bottom