What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did wcs last night on the 60 gal mbuna tank, 29 central tank and 5.5 planted nano. Tested my cycling 20 high SW reef and still a ways to go. Finally got a pic of my new firemouth

Hoping to get some severums soon and get this reef cycled.

Baby camel shrimp...

Thanks guys, so very interesting!!! No filter in the little nano, I just do pwc. There are maybe 40 free floating now at about 5 hours ago maybe double that but I just got home and checked them. I will take out the hermits for a little bit. There is a bristle worm in the tank too. Here is the link for the thread. I took a couple pics of the neglected little tank, lol. Will get some up but you really can't see anything but little dots in the water.

I am hoping they are alive even though I can't see them in the water and might be on the rocks and in the little holes in the rocks.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/baby-larval-camel-shrimp-339856.html

this is a male Camel Shrimp - SW

the most representative spot to see the shrimp is next to the water drop next to the top of the heater there are 2 tiny babies you can get a general idea. Today was supposed to be pwc and wipe off salt from the tank so it is a mess in the pics - (it's called real life)
60074-albums13960-picture69166.jpg

All the tiny white dots
60074-albums13960-picture69168.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture69167.jpg

The last 2 pics didn't load correctly.

Last edited:
Focused on my sw tank today. Fed the fish, finally ordered the RO filter, and did a spot treat on the green hair algae.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. Here's what's going on in the tanks. I bought jungle vals, a peice of driftwood with anubias, and a new betta named Cloud. My krib and my female German blue ram died. I have a holding female jacobfribergi peacock cichlid and everything else is doing fine. My female bettas are all lovin the 40g and I can't wait to breed my yellow veiltail female to my silver double tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And I also ordered a new light bulb for my planted and it came in completely shattered. Here are my planted 40g and my new betta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1439991252816.jpg
    1439991252816.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 1439991268829.jpg
    1439991268829.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 81
Did about a 85% pwc on the new scrawny Betta, who is gaining weight and looking better. The water never truly cleared up to my satisfaction. Rinsed out the whole thing with treated water and we will see if it gets better.

I have ended up with a BBA issue in my 12G tank, about the time I started getting my plants melting! Ugh.

Moved a huge Elodea out of the 12G to my outdoor plant bucket and counted 7 flowers coming off the other one that is in there presently!!! I haven't really been paying much attention to them! Hoping that the one from the tank will perk up and not melt.

Last night did a 70% pwc on the 12G Edge, then a 20%. Lost one CPD and all the other fish seem to be okay still. Have to pick up some more Prime tomorrow. I have been so busy...

My new 6.6G Edge tank addition with Melini Cories and a pair of Guppies is looking perfectly clear, the momma Gup is looking soon to have babies. Like most female guppies...

I am frustrated from the new food "messing" with my tank parameters. I will be going back to the standby for a few weeks during this exceedingly busy time so I don't have any new mishaps. I have normally stable tanks.

That was the "bad" part - messed up 12G, today still yucky looking.

Good part was inspiration from the Butterfly Pavilion visit today. They had lots of FW and SW tanks - tiny baby BN plecos - looked like Calicos with their Cherry shrimp!

Got to watch a SW Peacock Mantis Shrimp cleaning out her burrow. Pet a big horseshoe Crab, and touch 2 kinds of Starfsh and a Strawberry Hermit Crab, and see a Giant SW Hermit crab bigger than a man's hand with a ~10" shell. Wow!!! So awesome, I was like a little kid (only I know more than when I was a kid about tanks, lol.) Added more Vals to the Koi Angel tank.

Had to switch heaters. The male Koi Angel is already starting to look less stressed, after about an hour and that is with me adding the other fish and the extra plants heater and filter.

Still having a hard time deciding about the extra tank (46G) SW or FW.

Tomorrow is another day...

Praying for no more losses for the 12G and that I can decide a suitable situation for the Koi Angel.

Moved the male Koi Angel and the young Angel into a temporary tank until the other decisions are made. The Dominant male in the 72G was attacking him regularly. :(

Did a 10% pwc on the 72G

Noticed some fuzz on my drift wood tonight while feeding my fish. Should I scrub it?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Noticed some fuzz on my drift wood tonight while feeding my fish. Should I scrub it?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it is newer, then sometimes it gets fuzz or gelatinous looking stuff on it. Otherwise could be some "molding" food particles.

Did 50% pwc on the new temporary angel set up. There were a couple dead RH snails that I guess I didn't see in there last night and they are gonna mess up the little tank. I am using a internal filter in there like for a turtle tank with a bulk filter around the intake. Been in my other tank for months. I just don't want to chance it.

Not sure if my Rainbow fish male is the one beating up the female's side or the bully male Angel but I am about to just take her out. I can't find any other medium sized Boesemani females around where I am at. The last time I was at a far away not lfs they had medium sized ones for $14.99 and I felt like that is a little high priced, though if I had bought the other almost same priced juveniles a couple months ago they would be bigger by now :blink: Her side had healed up pretty fast after the mean Angel female was rehomed, then the new male ended up being a bully.

I think I just saw the Rainbow pair getting frisky!!! :brows:

There was a big slate in the left corner of the tank and the outflow is there and the Angels don't spend much time there so I moved it out which kicked up the flow into that corner and helped clean out some dead moss and other plant debris, so that was good.

Off to go examine what is going on in the 72G tank. Looks like some of the fish might be eating fish eggs or something.

Enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My favorite part!

Last night was WC night, I've been doing some back to back changes lately so I'm doing a few more today.
Example at the end of the week since changes I'll do one 40-50% change (depends on tank size and stock level) then the very next day follow up with another 25-50% change. My nitrates are staying lower than ever.

My favorite part!

Last night was WC night, I've been doing some back to back changes lately so I'm doing a few more today.
Example at the end of the week since changes I'll do one 40-50% change (depends on tank size and stock level) then the very next day follow up with another 25-50% change. My nitrates are staying lower than ever.

That's a good way to do it! For me I don't have the time to do that much weekly but I feel I should.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As long as it is getting changed!!!

I did a 80% pwc on the tank with the 2 Angels. I am gonna add a air bubbler too, They have clean water but seem stressed. I am gonna also look for any other dead snails. They have the cleanest water in the house. Pwc on the Guppy tank pair and the 12G again today then off to work.

SW -I did still see a few, so very tiny, possibly larval shrimp from the big planktonic swarm of babies. There are pods too and little tiny things, maybe also pods - like the size of a cell, lol, at least for my eyes and a magnifying glass to see it. Anyway I did see the shapes of a shrimp - larger chest and thinner looking tail, so I think I have a few of those still alive and maybe some are crawling around the rock too but I can't see them.

Last night picked out a hand full of Cladophora algae I was letting grow in the little 6.6G shrimp tank and it made a bridge spanning from one rock to some plants and they liked it and I thought it looked cool. Well it broke off and wasn't a bridge anymore and there was a glob in another plant plus a couple spots I hadn't picked out for a couple months so I got that all cleaned up. Then saw a little jump in the substrate area and got out the ole magnifying glass again and counted at least 10 tiny but not newborn shrimp brown ones. So obviously the 2 shrimp I had left are a male and female!!!

Was about to switch up that tank inhabitants to something else with a clean out and rescape, but since the troubles I am having with the other tank I tore up... I want to leave well enough alone for now and decided to get 6-12 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis instead, probably next month, I will likely need to order them as lfs can't seem to get it right and end up with a different micro Rasbora like the Phoenix. The other one wants $8.99 EACH!!!

Oh and the Rainbows were doing a spawn and I plan to see if I can make them a mop.

I joined the Killi Club of America and don't have any Killi atm, so probably getting something Killi wise soon our Colorado Club has amazing Kili breeders. I have been wanting the Fundulopanchax gardneri Innidere not very commonly found http://medias.photodeck.com/147293e...e3/Fundulopanchax_gardneri_Innidere_large.jpg

and I will likely try the Blue Gularis again as we have the best breeder in the area.

So the new direction will be a couple Killi and more Rainbow Fish. Then eventually maybe 92G bowfront for Discus with the auto water changer (depending on finding the tank for a reasonable price otherwise twin 72G)!!!

Last edited:
And I also ordered a new light bulb for my planted and it came in completely shattered. Here are my planted 40g and my new betta
Love the colors of your betta!

Was about to switch up that tank inhabitants to something else with a clean out and rescape, but since the troubles I am having with the other tank I tore up... I want to leave well enough alone for now and decided to get 6-12 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis instead, probably next month, I will likely need to order them as lfs can't seem to get it right and end up with a different micro Rasbora like the Phoenix. The other one wants $8.99 EACH!!!

Oh and the Rainbows were doing a spawn and I plan to see if I can make them a mop.

I joined the Killi Club of America and don't have any Killi atm, so probably getting something Killi wise soon our Colorado Club has amazing Kili breeders. I have been wanting the Fundulopanchax gardneri Inniderenot very commonly found http://medias.photodeck.com/147293e...e3/Fundulopanchax_gardneri_Innidere_large.jpg

and I will likely try the Blue Gularis again as we have the best breeder in the area.

So the new direction will be a couple Killi and more Rainbow Fish. Then eventually maybe 92G bowfront for Discus with the auto water changer (depending on finding the tank for a reasonable price otherwise twin 72G)!!!

Crazy expensive for those chilis! I paid $12.50 for 10 pygmy spotted rasboras (maculatus)...of course shipping costs as well but I was also getting other fish :hide:

I've kept a few types of killies, found gardneri to have a lot of personality!

Did some work since last on :p and finally starting a tank thread to maybe regular post stuff xD

10g dual betta: 50 PWC and rescaped dexters side. Got a sweet 24/7 light from Caleb +1. And added 4 snails.

2.5 betta: did rescaped and got an azoo mignon for frank since he doesn't like sponge filters.... added some media from the 10 to auto cycle. Pictures to come.

45 gallon: 60 PWC and did a small rescape. Sent the female GBR to the 75 to hopefully get a pair going.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is a gorgeous killi. +1 on that idea

Yes, that pic is from Sumer a wonderful member of the Aquarium Society here and a talented hobby photographer, from when he went and toured the CAS VP's fish room. (He also has had some things, pics and articles published)

So I can get one of those amazing looking fish sometime in the near future.

I mistakenly thought this was a Blue Gularis, and got a couple of those, but I think they could have had a parasite (from the fish auction) They were when there were many things going on at home with family and couldn't focus on them. And lost them. All other fish were just fine, that's why I think that.

Trimmed the tank and got some new plants from Tiger Terror. Removed the Eichornia diversifolia and Blyxa japonica. Added Blyxa alternifolia, downoi, Lobelia cardinalis, red myrio, and Fissdens fontanus (from my shrimp tank). Before:
pfA53wI.png
After:
rKemJZo.png
More details on my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

added a few new corals and a few new fish

New carpet nem and Red Coris Wrasse
img_3269251_0_20e9e0bebf3bb47f9970cc29ddf66d1c.jpg

img_3269251_1_e87fed592a95517427332ca94a024c2e.jpg

New Trigger he is about the size of my pinkey finger nail
img_3269251_2_4dc897a32322e40ec499e2652675379e.jpg

New button coral