What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleaned up, acclimated and put in the ricciocarpus natans. Dropped an algae tab in for the blue mystery snail, it's been a few days since I removed it and I like making sure he's fed. It's one of those that don't fall apart just being looked at, quite handy. SoShrimp gave me little packets of them with my shrimp orders, Shirakura Ebi Dama is what it's called.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My wrasse is playing his mean trick again! This time he started loosing color, but then 'coughed' up a mysis shrimp and was fine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Weird. Little piggy. For a minute thought it was a HOG fish, or a WOLF
your food down too fast fish, sorry couldn't help myself. Maybe needs his food cut up for him. There are many fish with bigger mouths than throats or brains.

Plotting for a new Edge 12G tank. Sent the email that I wanted it. Will be mine as long as someone didn't already swoop in for it! If I get it I will sell reasonably or maybe give one of the smaller Edge tanks to my daughter's friend who just bought a condo. They love inverts!

Fed fish - pwc tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715218.457890.jpg50% water change changed filters on 150 Discus
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715270.829598.jpg 50% water change changed filters on 90 gallon corner
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715323.756412.jpg 50% water change changed filters on 30gal half moon

Jim B from Tennessee

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715457.518044.jpg50% water change changed filters on 50gal
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715487.107951.jpg50% water change changed filters on 10gal
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715518.590284.jpg90% water change changed filters on beta/shrimp tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446715640.572938.jpg50% water change changed filters on 55 saltwater

Jim B from Tennessee

Laeris ? no they haven't yet but we go there 4-6 times a year. Thank you for the compliment. My wife and I have always been passionate about Fish and have plans on taken it to new levels soon. Since I can't kick kids out of house just yet looks like my shop is fixing to become a large fish room. Going to be a slow go but I'm planning on doing it right the first time.

Jim B from Tennessee

Weird. Little piggy. For a minute thought it was a HOG fish, or a WOLF
your food down too fast fish, sorry couldn't help myself. Maybe needs his food cut up for him. There are many fish with bigger mouths than throats or brains.

Plotting for a new Edge 12G tank. Sent the email that I wanted it. Will be mine as long as someone didn't already swoop in for it! If I get it I will sell reasonably or maybe give one of the smaller Edge tanks to my daughter's friend who just bought a condo. They love inverts!

Fed fish - pwc tomorrow.

Maybe, but I would have thought the San Francisco Bay mysis would be small enough for him.

CRS arrived late yesterday morning. Well packaged, received 12 and no DOAs. Spent most of the afternoon acclimating them. I'm impressed with their overall coloring, much more intense than the Neos. Not shy at all once I put them in the tank! Got a few pics but it was evening and lighting was the greatest. Hope to get better shots today.

img_3302081_0_ffca205f905fb954be188dfa11c43c4d.jpg

img_3302081_1_cd899918c2764381be6ed54d0f932a24.jpg

img_3302081_2_b1d37d6bfe7d835acf9cc824fd2acfb3.jpg

Good looking shrimp TheresaM! Nice color ☺

Did a 60 % clean on my elephant nose tank, planted more cabomba as it's growing really well in his tank. Large pwc on my shrimp tank, noticed a few planaria lurking Grrr! I do overfeed this tank soo I'm not too surprised. My baby mystery snail's seem to be doing well! growing quickly. Fed pumpkin today and they all seem to enjoy it, so something new for them!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Got a whole ton of GBR eggs! Currently watching them still lay some on the amazon sword in front of me! I'll update my thread with pics, so check there if you wanna see!

Order from Han arrived today so I did some work with those plants:

img_3302347_0_c2159ca5a450fdb867d708c301d3ffca.jpg

Currently watching the activity in the Spec shrimp tank, love having this one on my desk:

img_3302347_1_dffb138af04a21b22315dd0d46c75bba.jpg

Order from Han arrived today so I did some work with those plants:

img_3302441_0_c2159ca5a450fdb867d708c301d3ffca.jpg

Currently watching the activity in the Spec shrimp tank, love having this one on my desk:

img_3302441_1_dffb138af04a21b22315dd0d46c75bba.jpg

Looking nice. I like the CRS. Overall good color for the price I think. Was shipping extra?

JimB still looking good!

Well spent an hour replanting and planting a bunch of plants in the 72G, found a couple clumps of hair algae in the floating plants towards the back. Need to lay off full blast light in that tank and go back to daylight/sunshine on the Current USA Planted + / plus. I forgot to turn it off a couple times, and have the stock light running on it too, also need to set the timers up on all the tanks. Noticed the substrate needs a good cleaning too. Probably time to clean out the FX-5 again as well.

Yesterday was a busy day with trips to two LFS for different kinds of snails (zebra nerite and trumpet), my order came in from Aquatic Arts (zebra thorn nerite snails, tank-raised otocinclus, misc), and a doctor's appointment (my blood pressure is down, yay!)
Got everyone acclimated and in their respective homes, half the hornwort order is in my tank, the other half in the tank I set up to grow moss in (cold water, little flow, 6500k light). Levels yesterday were 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and the barest tinge for nitrate. Measured today because of all the upheaval in that poor tank yesterday and still 0 ammonia, though now there's a tinge in nitrites. Might call it .25.. maybe? I'll check again later today and see about a 25% based on that.
Tried to get a shot that included as many inhabitants as possible Play where's Waldo if you like, but I didn't put him in there.
102672-albums14441-picture69416.jpg

Went to Aquatic Experience today. Met a bunch of great knowledgeable people there who helped me with some saltwater questions. Got a red sea calcium test and a filter sock for my 75 gallon. While I was in the area I went to Aquarium Adventure looking for some CPDs, and walked out with 2 amano shrimp and 6 cherry shrimp (3 male 3 female). I was planning on putting the cherry shrimp in the 20L, but decided to put them into the 29.

Have a sick fish in the other QT, It has been the strange behaving one since the beginning. I am hating all these illnesses and death but Oh so glad they are in the QT and not my normal tank. It will likely need to be put down tomorrow.

Spent a little time reviewing fish diseases again.

I have one more Rainbow (Dwarf Blue) that seems to be under the weather in the 46G QT. I have my fingers crossed its got a cold and will be better soon and nothing fatal.

Looks like I will be picking up my brand spanking new 12G Edge Tank this week! Working out a bit of a trade exchange for part of it, and very excited. Will be getting new substrate too but haven't decided exactly what yet, also didn't decide stocking - still thinking that over. Yipee!

Plumbing's been ready for a couple of weeks; sump'll be ready in a couple of days; PVC & plastic base'll be ready later today.

Picked up 25 gallons of pre-mixed water, 40lbs of live and 35lbs or so of dry Hawai'ian black sand, and a circulator.

5-gallon water change in 29g NanoCube; everything else is now in the 75g.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 42
Finally added a piece of Malaysian driftwood to my tank (never had a real hardscape). Gravel vacuumed a ton of poop underneath. Trimmed my algae filled water sprite moved my heater and performed a 50% wc. Phew! Here's before and after pics sorry for the cloudiness waiting for it to settle (added wisteria 1 week ago to the left side). Looks very naked.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1447031258471.jpg
    1447031258471.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 43
  • 1447031302579.jpg
    1447031302579.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 64
Stacy - Tank looks nicer with natural DW and the heater out of the way (my eyes were drawn to it before). You may see a rise in tannins, possibly not in the tank but definitely in a light colored water change bucket.

Out of frustration I emptied my new moss tank due to cloudiness, ailing moss, and impatience. Back to square one:
vmBAVLC.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom