What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a big water change in the FW, fiddle around with the skimmer since I did my SW water change yesterday. Wipe down stuff from salt

Did a pwc. Cleaned glass. Rinsed filter pads. Retrieved dead nerite snails ( think the were DOA anyway). LFS exchanged for two new ones. So much more active when their alive. Had water tested at LFS. Everything checks out. Now I can watch snails crawling all over the rocks, keeping algae in check

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Went to an auction today. Did not buy anything (aside from raffle tickets). I won prizes on two of my raffle tickets. A pile of manzanita DW and a bag of misc stuff: TDS meter, Xteme Foods algae wafers, used ceramic media.
KgCXJHVh.jpg
Sold 3 packages of plants, collected proceeds from the last auction, met some new members.
Trimmed the tank this morning. Before and after:
QGJgPadh.jpg
vMx8puhh.jpg

Wait, u got used, second hand, dry filter media? Booby prize?

Attachment sites are attachment sites...bacteria don't care. Once they get seeded there should not be any difference.
All three plant packets sold for a fair price.
Strangest auction item: Bucket of fried chicken. Apparently they had a surplus from what the fish club ordered at lunch.
Fish club guest speaker was Bob Lewis from IFGA. Lots of info on raising show guppies.

5g water change in the 29g

Two new frags in the 75g, plus another Christmas Tree that separated from the 29g

Now up to seven babies...gotta look closely to see them all, but they're there.

And I anticipate an eighth within the next few days...

Almost forgot; I started a colony of copepods...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 114
Went to an auction today. Did not buy anything (aside from raffle tickets). I won prizes on two of my raffle tickets. A pile of manzanita DW and a bag of misc stuff: TDS meter, Xteme Foods algae wafers, used ceramic media.
KgCXJHVh.jpg
Sold 3 packages of plants, collected proceeds from the last auction, met some new members.
Trimmed the tank this morning. Before and after:
QGJgPadh.jpg
vMx8puhh.jpg

Lucky dog!!!

Howard - glad the new snails are alive, definitely more active that way!

Found one heavily berried TT, and i think another newly berried, but it went under the leaves and couldn't be sure.

Hoping that the little guys start breeding. They are really brght orange with the exception of one pale one and one light orange. Thinking maybe to take those two out, but might wait to see how the babies look when they pop out.

Was supposed to take a trip Sunday to a couple fish stores to find rock flower anemones but was so sick I could barely get out of bed :nono: So that didn't happen - will call a couple to verify if they got them in or not and how much and colors - IF they got them. Very iffy around here.

Moving the Gracilaria macro algae out from under the bright light seemed to help it not keep getting bleached. It is looking more normal color the last couple days.

Bought a guppy to maintain cycle on qt tank. Purchased larger net, piece of driftwood and a cave.

Also did routine water change and cleaning on my 29G.

Eventful day by my standards!

Added new shrimp to my 30g today. 1458311412440.jpg
Can't decide whether I should add some Brigatte Boraras too this tank or otos? It just needs something!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

After 2 months of having a fry tank hanging off the side of my main tank, this morning I was finally able to put the top back on itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458330117.794929.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458330130.177535.jpg

Not sure if my 'pod colony is succeeding or failing...

Lots died within the first couple of days but it appears to have a reasonable number still moving about...about 100 by my guesstimate.

The initial count was whatever comes in a bottle of Tigger Pods®

Per the throwback-from-the-sixties kid at my LFS, I set up a shallow tub with about 1" of aquarium water, tinted it green with Phyto Feast Live® and added the 'pods...

Also tossed in a couple of pieces of base rock for the little beasties to play in...

Kid says no air needed due to good surface area...

Patience is the key, I know, but how soon _might_ it become obvious one way or another: success or slow death?

well I got my tank ready last night for some new coral and a tang ,
woke up this morn to find the whole tank rearranged , than I saw little tiny clown fry swimming around , I didn't catch this batch maybe I'll catch the next , I thought it was 10 days to hatch . these guys took 25 days guess they were a oddball batch , guess the bigger fish have a snack today.
once things settle with all the new stuff I'll get some new picts .

OK...will add seaweed to the tank now and again. Thanks!

Now what if I told you I can't swim ! :D

Hi. It must be Saturday again. Did a pwc trimmed plants repositioned rock over airstone. GBR seems kind of skittish and withdrawn. Perhaps the gourami beat him up??

Back
Top Bottom