What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FINALLY, I got the 2 new in the box Fluval Edge tanks from my DD friend at work (to store away for later projects) AND a bonus lightly used Fluval Spec!!!!

I am pretty excited about the Spec, and have thought about getting one for awhile, though knew I was in the middle of reducing number of tanks so didn't think about it too much, lol. It was $10!!!!!!!

So now I need to put it in the back of my mind (shrimp tank, lol) since I have a bunch of LIFE to deal with right now and fish and shrimp are on the back burner for a time. But since it is so cool, I might just get the excess plants in there with the excess snails and move the Assassin snail maybe get a couple more and see if they breed on their own.

Anyway I am happy to get the 2 new tanks (planning on later to have a fancy Betta) but more excited with the Spec. Also would make a nice Betta habitat. Ahhh the choices, and how would I rather be retired and play with the fish tanks instead of work 2 or 3 jobs! :eek:

Bought prepared SW and foods, filter floss, a medium Striped Trocus snail, 4 Sexy Anemone shrimp, Hilarious!!! Two kinds of Gracilaria Macro Algae and a little /younger Emerald Crab.

Did pwc of 50% on 6.6G Edge SW. Cleaned out the filter, finally got around to rinsing off the Chaeto from the HOB filter and then added the floss. Just about a week later than I was planning. :/

I see the Sexy shrimp showing off their sexy moves, almost rolling on the floor! If you haven't seen it you should watch a video of it!!!

Now trying to decide if I should switch the SW to the Spec V or the 12G Mr. Aqua or spend the $ and repair the 12G low iron tank I got and subsequently broke, that is sitting out in my boneyard. Maybe this week I will get a couple price quotes for repairs, and then talk to some experienced tank repairers who DIY.

I think finally decided to keep the SW tank and maybe only one Shrimp tank (crying, LOL)

That's gonna be 4 tanks or is it? Hmmmmm..........
72G Rainbows
12G Edge Nano fish or shrimp or maybe one tank of Chilis and shrimp
and a 12G either Low iron or Mr. Aqua rimless, or 12G Edge. SW

If I bump the Angels out I can add a school or two of nano fish to the 72G. Hadn't really considered that combination seriously, but it might solve a few issues.

Also shopping for a new light for the 12G FW, my Staurogyne Repens are needing more light. Kinda scouting Marine lights too but the exact one/size would depend on which tank to have operating.

Did a 35 percent weekly water change. Cleaned glass rinsed filter pads added bacteria and tidied up the rocks and plants. Thinking of putting in nerite snails

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Happy that I was able to locate all 4 Sexy Shrimp this evening - they lived so far! One is very tiny though. The bigger snail is nomming on the glass!! So far happy with the results.

Well...not today, but this week...

Added two new residents:

1) Honey Red Damsel
2) Spotted Mandarin

Pics below:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457318787.254583.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457318810.483938.jpg

Well...not today, but this week...

Added two new residents:

1) Honey Red Damsel
2) Spotted Mandarin

Pics below:

View attachment 285330

View attachment 285331

Nice!

Well I added a clip light, full spectrum CFL to the Mr. Aqua Shrimp tank because the light is too low! Also noticed that my Pinto Anubias has 4 new leaves since I got it BUT they are green, not spotted so I hope to get the light up enough to get the spotting back. Its like the one in my avatar. I plan to check the other one and see if it has spots or not if it has any new growth.

That tank has pretty low lighting too so I am a little bummed. I paid alot of money for those guys.

Also today decided I might do a terrarium with one of the other tanks going out of fish commission. Might go shopping for what kind of little terrarium sized plants we have around the local area before trying to check the costs of ordering. Mainly thinking of moss but you gotta have a few little plants too.

It might be fun for the set up and not too much effort to water once in awhile to keep alive. Still just thinking about it.

Pwc on my elephant nose tank and cleaned the impeller.
Hubby removed attached filter in my juwel rekord (shrimp tank ) it's freed a lot of space up and the muck that came out of it was filthy. So I did a large clean and rearranged thing's. Looks better with my other filter's now. ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I got to see (a rare appearance of) my Spotted Rafael Catfish. Her body os SOOOOO Gimormous! Tried getting a pic but she was hid halfway behind DW and plants so is isn't much to see. She just keeps growing. And to think when I got her the person said (I didn't know what kind it was actually) she might get 3 inches long - I think about 8" long now. She is about 3.5"+ across her body and then fatter in the center where her tail starts than a banana. Kinda shaped like a long Bosc pear. With a head & whiskers and some monster strong anchoring pectoral fins.

She looks like she grew an inch around since last August. Probably because she eats my Neon Tetras, Cardinals, etc.

Pwc changes on the 55 gallon and the guppy fry tank. Haven't decided what I will be doing with the tank once they move back to the main. Maybe salt water shrimp macro algae tank and hook up to my sump. Or a freshwater planted shrimp tank.

Played around with the custom function of the 24/7 during water change adjusted to wavelength dispersal during rain storms. Boredom I guess lol.

Added two nerite snails to my 29 gal freshwater just last Sunday. I acclimated them they are on the bottom and haven't come out yet. I don't think they are dead. Is this normal with newbies?

Added two nerite snails to my 29 gal freshwater just last Sunday. I acclimated them they are on the bottom and haven't come out yet. I don't think they are dead. Is this normal with newbies?

Hi, give them time to settle in. Snail's can take a while to come out I wouldn't worry :)

Took out all my plants and washed them. They were awful! Siphoned most of my gravel. I did it wrong...cause I didn't realize how bad the gravel was. (I got a 7' siphon when I needed a 9-10', haven't been able to return it so I ended up using it.) I emptied out water, then when I put water back in everything got stirred up. Then I siphoned and readded water. So I really ended up with a 40-50% wc when I wanted a 25. Oh well.
So, my plants are out so gunk could get picked up from. The water. Also I think I am going to do something different inside. Buuut , yeah that is what I did. I may start feeding smaller pinches because, well, they eat most of it, but a few pellets are always left over and that adds up over 3 months.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Technically did a water just on my newly set up sw tank; just to add some freshwater, to lower my salinity.

Watched the fish for a little while. Never ended up moving the 2 Green Kubotai so going to do a 40% pwc and put them into the 12G Edge for now so maybe can get some TT shrimp babies.

Very disappointed in the Fluval stock replacement LED light I installed on the 6.6G Edge. I had been concerned about this possibility when I switched it from the original halogen lights (because of being broken/halogen not available). If I have enough time will do a pwc on that tank too.

75g Now Dressed to the Nines

Vac & 10g water change in the 29g to get some red slime under control.

Picked up a Tuxedo (Urchin) at Nebraska Aquarium Supply...

(Tried uploading photo right side up and upside down...)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 72
I got to see (a rare appearance of) my Spotted Rafael Catfish. Her body os SOOOOO Gimormous! Tried getting a pic but she was hid halfway behind DW and plants so is isn't much to see. She just keeps growing. And to think when I got her the person said (I didn't know what kind it was actually) she might get 3 inches long - I think about 8" long now.

Mmmmmm...farm raised catfish!

?

Vac & 10g water change in the 29g to get some red slime under control.

Picked up a Tuxedo (Urchin) at Nebraska Aquarium Supply...

(Tried uploading photo right side up and upside down...)

Sometimes that happens.

I LOVE the Urchins!!! Make sure to feed him macro algae or seaweed sheets! They eat soooo much!

Ended up pwc'ing the Mr. Aqua tank, 2 - 50% back to back pwc because of the gunk I kicked up. There needs to be a reduction of feeding in that tank gee, was there too much gunk.

Added water to the snail tub and the plant tub, then the vase and bowl. Moved the Kubotai too after the pwc in the 12G Edge.

Today moved one clump of Gracilaria as it seems to be turning pale on the edges.

Sometimes that happens.

I LOVE the Urchins!!! Make sure to feed him macro algae or seaweed sheets! They eat soooo much!

OK...will add seaweed to the tank now and again. Thanks!

He's already climbing the glass...lol I never would've believed urchins would do that!

Looked in on my nerite snails early this morning. Still in their shells not moving yet. Got them last Sunday. LFS said bring em back for exchange tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom