What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched my wife move a coral frag right side up, had Chemo this morning

Need some putty?? Nice that she can help out, much easier to look at the tank if something isn't up side down!!! Hope you get stronger and better, I will be praying for you!

Ended having to do a 60% WC due to high nitrates. All good now. Was a busy day.
Worth the extra work to keep the fish in the safe zone, good thing you realized it, our day to day life can be pretty tiring, even without giant pwc's!!!

Mentioning the female Swordtail jumper yesterday that I saved... found the male, a jumper previously found that time in the plastic bag, this time not so lucky...8 feet away!!! from a half filled 5G bucket. I never looked that far away from the bucket. :( Can't believe he jumped that far!!!

He was the mean one anyway so although he was beautiful, and it is too bad and sad. I will not be missing him biting at my other Angelfish's eye. The Angel is still a little wounded from that incident, with a damaged eye.

Trimmed a potted Dwarf Baby tears to try and get more starts as I used 2 other parts of it to be in potted vases as fairy plants (no real fairies, sorry guys, just tiny varieties of plants - nano plants!!!) Wanted to try some dry start growing but one problem is I can't decide which tank, poor me, lol! Any decision right now means moving a tank of something somewhere!!!.

Maybe wait for the 12G SW to finish cycling then I can use the 6.6G edge as a Iwagumi inspired tank.

The DHG in the 2 tissue cultured packs are greening up pretty well, they were pale but look healthy, as the stores "grow" light is broken and has been for a long while, so you have to get the plants within a few days of their arrival so they don't start dying!!!

Water changes on both tanks

My nerites keep leaving the water-is this normal or should I take it as a warning for a water change?

I know that when assassin snails head for top it's bad water lol

The tank is cycling right now... I just sterilized it and reset it. Using prime and bacteria supplement to keep water safe

Sometimes nerites just want to be out of the water for a bit. Their natural habitat is tide pools, so they would spend time out of the water every so often.

Weekly water tests. I don't foresee getting over sun-yellow ammonia and sky blue nitrites. love them.

Got my nilocG diy ferts today so pre mixed in the 500ml bottles provided. Will start the EI tomorrow and going away from seachem ferts.

Thinking I pretty near hate Angelfish. I know they are just doing what they would naturally, being stuck in a fish tank is reason to try and guard territory and kill or run off the competition. Hopefully they will all live until tomorrow when I can try sorting them out.

Now one of the Angels is biting the poor Gourami again. In the 46G.
And there are 2 Angels biting other Angels and fish in the 72G!!!! Just because they want to pair up and breed, very inconvenient for me, :/. So inconsiderate!

If I could be sure which are M and F that might be a big help, gonna have to do some studying. I was told but may be incorrect info. And know the sexes of the 3 I had originally, based upon previous issues and behavior.

Will attempt to divide the M and F so there are no pairs! Sorry fish.

Tomorrow is pwc on 46G and 72G again. Plus testing for the cycling SW nano. Hoping we are ate the tipping towards cycled??!

The Angels are biting the Gourami again, hop he doesn't mind being in a 5G for a couple days :eek: Think I have to get him moved! He's freaking out.

Moved some equipment around the tank. Plants look like there growing good so far might trim the dwarf baby tears sat.

Wow, just saw something I would have never believed if I hadn't have seen it just now...

Sitting on the couch reading about fsh, of course, and I hear a loud sucking swoosh water sound. Look straight across fromcouch to the tank and see the big Angel in the had just did a pole vault into the Breeder net in the 46G.

I was thinking and probably said you stupid fish. I turned around to get the net to scoop it out and I hear a tiny noise like water when you drop a small stone into it. Fish hopped back over the fence no problem. The joke was on me because it seems the baby Platy are not there now.

This really just happened. Incredulous! Just shaking my head! There are masses of plants all around the net, floating and DW floating. The water level is down 3/4 inch but the glass top is about an inch from the top of the net. What aim that fish has.

Oh my! [emoji79] really wanted [emoji496]?

I did my PWC yesterday and vacuum the sand. I added the recommended amount of Seachem KH and my snails totally went into lockdown. I suspect I may lose some.

Last edited:
Speaking of fish being smart, I have never had such fans as when I set the little cup I use to thaw frozen food on top of the filter. Daphnia today.

I'm trying to figure out how to get CO2 to be consistent in the morning. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble with that.

I treated some suspect algae yesterday with H2O2. I also did the water change. I thought everyone was freaked out about the KH...BUT...this morning lights on and everyone still isn't happy. So I run tests and sure enough I have .5 ammonia. Haven't seen green in years. I think I killed more than I thought with the peroxide! 60% PWC with Prime. Pulled all the snails out into clean water and only returning those the are in motion back in the tank. Will test again in an hour.

Just finished the 2nd 60% water change when my husband asks if I tested the tap water. A month ago I did and it was close to .25. So I tested it....this is with Prime added. IMG_8281.jpg

Gonna do another one in a few hours with RO.

Looks like my tap water

The king of diy, on YouTube, shows how to make a filter to clean the water before it goes into the tank. It's essentially a pvc pipe with every type of Aqua clear media stuffed into it. Capped on the end, with holes drilled for water to come out, and by the time the water makes it into the tank it's safe:)

I'm going to make one

Looks like my tap water

The king of diy, on YouTube, shows how to make a filter to clean the water before it goes into the tank. It's essentially a pvc pipe with every type of Aqua clear media stuffed into it. Capped on the end, with holes drilled for water to come out, and by the time the water makes it into the tank it's safe:)

I'm going to make one
Thats a good one. Old school..

Got a new plant today golden nesaea replace the ludwigia repens .

Attachments

• IMG_20170331_180133.jpg
    IMG_20170331_180133.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom