What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snail Jello=Snaillo. Not just for snails...View attachment 300400

They are REALLY interested in that food! Nice pic of happy critters!!

I might need to hit you up for that recipe in a couple weeks!!!

Little done with the tanks. Had something urgent come up and I was away from home all day.

No dead Minnows in the pond TODAY...

Will do the maintenance in the next two days. Feeding lightly. Treating with Prime on the 46G.

i saved a albino bristlenose pleco today, im personaly not a fan of them but this littlebguy was starving, had such a suken belly i knew he wouldnt last much longer and i had the room for him. so i broight him home

Did a couple pwc.

While I was out bought a couple products to put in the pond, Fluval Ammonia Remover pouches each treats 180G and Clear Max pouchs each treats 100G for Phosphate, Nitrite and Nitrate.

It was not the exact item(s) I was looking for, but the near to work big box keeps limiting the selection and it is pretty small after a recent layout change - lost a whole aisle of fish related items.

Got a big bottle of Prime for the next round of pwc, will be gone a few days and felt that the pond needed assistance as no one would be checking things in there.

Live plants can't make everything perfect. Will be adding a few more from the over growth of the Wisteria floaters and duck weed.

Checked a couple more tanks and they were fine.

Was pleased to see all 3 young Glass Cats purchased a couple months ago alive and swimming. They like to hide and only have seen 1 or maybe 2 at a time. The older one really hides and I rarely see the young ones hanging out near each other anyway, and never see the bigg one with the little ones. :(

Similar situation with the Clown Loach, one really small 3" "baby" is never near the 6" one which is growing quickly.

Planning on a few more fish to up the groups and the moving fish around and getting rid of a few. (mostly moving them around)

Found a few pretty Discus in the medium to larger size which I will be checking on availablilty this week.

Then there is the other large size group 4-5.5" were supposed to be sold 15 Discus in a big group, though pretty sure my pocket book could not with stand such a deal. So I will see if I can get 2 or 4. There are some pretty Yellows.

Since I am allergic to the Blood Worms and Tubifex/Black worms, I found a Discus prepared food with a few ingredients.

The main one Discus like is Beef heart, and will order that and see if my fish will eat it. She gets defrosted frozen Beef heart every other day, and a mix of foods otherwise. All the other fish seem to really like the Beef heart too.

Not too sure about what to do with my baby making Koi Angel Pair, I think they already laid eggs again, they seem very interested in the back side of a leaf I can't see.

Oh yeah, I think I found out what type the small 6 legged Brittle stars are in my nano. I was trying to research if it was possible one of the stars ate the little Goby. Doesn't look like it though.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiactis_savignyi

Forgot to add the pics

The sea star one of so many
60074-albums14597-picture71205.jpg

The Betta
The side shot shows what an interesting coloration he has sorry about the water spot in the middle.
Then the top down shows his cozy bed of green he like to cuddle up next to.

60074-albums14671-picture71207.jpg

60074-albums14671-picture71203.jpg

Wow Autumn your Betta is so pretty.

Thank you. Had said no more Bettas unless I got a Blue (or purple) orange or a blue yellow, or a special Mustard gas type or 2 I have been keeping an eye out for.

Then just couldn't resist his light color and being a Dragonscale. BUT I thought it would turn yellow instead a strange color but very pretty. It is the grandson's fish. :brows:

Okie dokie...
The Angels have wiggling eggs and a couple fry with tails - seems like many less than before, and I will be gone a few days and not anyone with an interest in the fish here to worry about them. So, if they make it fine and if not fine. There will be a decent sized pwc and I will harvest some Vinegar Eels to possibly give them a chance to make it. There will likely be another batch a week after this anyways.

My Pom Pom Crab passed and I found his poms - Anemones fell off after death. I don't know too much about them other then they ae tiny Anemones, and so darn cute too.

Tonight one was moved but i do not know where. Posted a thread if anyone had had any experiences with them.

No stores seem to have any Pom Pom Crabs around. Often they will loose them and you will see them for sale missing one.

60074-albums14597-picture71211.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture71210.jpg

Here was a pic with a good detail of the Anemones
60074-albums14535-picture70952.jpg

This pretty lady was around in my tank 14 months and not too sure how old they get.

She had eggs back in August 2016
60074-albums14535-picture70949.jpg

Anyhow this was the last pic i had taken and since it wan't very good, I didn't post it.

60074-albums14597-picture71213.jpg

This was a favorite critter of mine. Stunning beauty. Next time I might try to get 2.

60074-albums14535-picture70141.jpg

Checked the water and Salinity 1.025 and Ammonia and Nitrite, Nitrate were 0.

Getting some new SW water tomorrow. Might get it from a different store - the one I have been using uses Reef Crystals and the other Red Sea. I was getting it from the two different stores back and forth. But have been getting it from the Reef Crystals store only lately. Thinking of doing 2 20% pwc maybe to just freshen up things in the tank.

Last edited:
Was going to be out of town but plans changed, trip postponed.

So Sunday I did pwc on the 2 12G and the SW 6.6G
today on the 12G and added 3 small Turbo snails for the algae.

Pwc on the Cherry Shrimp bowl, added a new female bright red Cherry shrimp.

Tomorrow I need to get the SW water from the lfs. They don't have any Pom Pom Crabs but I will be checking on some different FW Dwarf shrimp, I would like some for the outdoor turtle bowl.

No dead Minnows and Sunday did a 40G water change, added a couple more Wisteria plants.

Started thinking about a paludarium, still very much in the thinking about it phase but wanting to try some different plants and living in a place with about 8% humidity I would have to have a special set up to grow a few different things I have been wanting to grow.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...an-exo-terra-thoughts-359033.html#post3449558

My Dwarf Baby Tears in the outside tub looks even more grown than the last time and the plants need to get planted.

Dwarf hairgrass is looking very nice in the Turtle Bowl. Warm weather I should be seeing even more growth.

Some of the plants in the tub are looking like they need some ferts, the Swords.

Maybe tomorrow or the next day I will start the idea of redoing a tank every week to 10 days.

Hahahaha, at least get a START on it!

I should stay out of fish shops!

Went and got the SW and came home with a pair of Crystal Black Shrimp (at least I think & hope a pair). They are SS-SSS nice just have black band across their carapace, not their abdomen - good white shell. Interesting to me too how you can see that they are a tint of yellow from the Golden Bee Shrimp. White but not like a ultra white sheet of copy paper.

Then brought home 3 1M 2F Medium Dark Blue Velvets 1F is about to pop out babies and the other has some eggs too.

Also picked up 6 Ember Tetras.

Then 3 male Sundadanio Blue Neon Axlerodi to go with the 6-8 I already have which are mostly females.

Ordered at a different store 2 Pom Pom Crabs and 2 more Anemone Shrimp, and 2 (common) Rock Flower Anemones. Will be really surprised if they all come in, or any come in, lol!

Putting the pair of CRS Black in the Shrimp bowl where I can keep an eye on them.

Adding a bowl from outside for the DBV since the turtle bowl is showing too much ammonia/ .50+ right now. Still not too sure about the substrate leaching. Oops I didn't check before I got the shrimp.

Temporary housing for the DBV.

Will see if pwc will keep parameters in check in the Turtle bowl or if it just never stops leaching ammonia...??? Snails look alright...??? Poor guys!

Did 2 back to back 1G pwc to get the bowl to 0 ammonia. There is at least 2G of water in the Turtle bowl.

So now will check in a few days to see how much the ammonia goes up.

All shrimp and fish acclimated and in their new habitats.

Have not found any dead new shrimp yet and the fish are doing great so far.

Spent some time removing the Chaetomorpha MacroAlgae from the 12G SW nano with nothing in it yet (except the snails which also seem to be eating well, algae is mostly gone from the rock!!!)

I rinsed it to remove dusty like and mucky particulate matter that gets caught in it.

There was a full on Gallon pitcher of the stuff. Weighed it just for fun and it weights almost 9 ounces.

Moved the rock around a little bit and it looks decent for now.
60074-albums14674-picture71233.jpg

Added a few pics of the new tank evolution to it's album here is another pic of the start...
Here it was in early March
60074-albums14674-picture71236.jpg

Trying to figure out what to move next and it is a hard decision after trying to move some Codium Macro Algae. It is called Dead Man's Fingers (shudder) and I read alot of stuff today one thing being that it is one cell, don't know if that is true or how that could be?! Strange stuff in the sea world.

Last edited:
We bought some new furcata rainbows today! Little babies $4 each! The adults were $8. I was planning on getting three but got five instead. Unfortunately, one is currently swimming upside down, so we'll probably have to exchange her.

My in-laws got to observe a water change. I've got a system to take care of all three tanks pretty smoothly. My father-in-law has been just sitting in front of the community tank amazed at every little thing. "That snail just took out the thermometer! What is he eating? Do they always do that?" It's pretty funny.

*poof* money gone. Lol

oh I so know that feeling easy come easy go.....

just finished my order with the drs F&S
and live aquara

10% water change another tomorrow and another on sun depending how things look maybe another on mon

I would do 1 large one but my lift pump died waiting on a new one so rather than mess with my sump for god knows how long doing it in phases
tank has been neglected almost a month 1/2 so need to catch up

Have not found any dead new shrimp yet and the fish are doing great so far.

Spent some time removing the Chaetomorpha MacroAlgae from the 12G SW nano with nothing in it yet (except the snails which also seem to be eating well, algae is mostly gone from the rock!!!)

I rinsed it to remove dusty like and mucky particulate matter that gets caught in it.

There was a full on Gallon pitcher of the stuff. Weighed it just for fun and it weights almost 9 ounces.

Moved the rock around a little bit and it looks decent for now.
60074-albums14674-picture71233.jpg

Added a few pics of the new tank evolution to it's album here is another pic of the start...
Here it was in early March
60074-albums14674-picture71236.jpg

Trying to figure out what to move next and it is a hard decision after trying to move some Codium Macro Algae. It is called Dead Man's Fingers (shudder) and I read alot of stuff today one thing being that it is one cell, don't know if that is true or how that could be?! Strange stuff in the sea world.

you finally got that tank wow that was one long wait .
is that one large rock I see that thing is huge
can't wait to see what you have planed for it

I just adopted 2 extra large coral banded shrimp these guys are a diameter of a soft ball big big big

you finally got that tank wow that was one long wait .
is that one large rock I see that thing is huge
can't wait to see what you have planed for it

I just adopted 2 extra large coral banded shrimp these guys are a diameter of a soft ball big big big

ouch for the online order, lol!

I love the Coral Banded Shrimp, I just stopped and watched them in a tank at the lfs the other day. Unfortunately not my size critter, lol! As you say like a big - softball size wow, like a prehistoric creature.

Speaking of that the lfs also had a wierd shaped rock in the snail tank... but it wasn't a rock it was a prehistoric looking, little bigger than a baseball sized Decorator Crab!

So as for the NEW SW project I was just going to move all the stuff from the 6.6G over into it.

But I chickened out at first and then after watching all the micro goings on in the 6.6G I had a pause and didn't want to tear up anything just yet.

Starting out slowly will be adding a few things here and there I guess.

60074-albums14674-picture71240.jpg

60074-albums14674-picture71242.jpg

Added a bunch of the little Dwarf Brittle Stars to the macroalgae tank and did a 50% pwc on it.

Pwc on the 6.6G SW nano and cleaned the sponge prefilter. Found 2 Dwarf Brittle Stars inside of the sponge hole alive and a couple bodies of ones that died.

There were about 15-20 probably and many more in the Live Rock.

New Blue Velvet Shrimp getting cozy!!!

Watched a bunch of micro critters with the magnifying glass in the shrimp tank. Interesting, was just looking for the baby shrimp.

60074-albums14675-picture71245.jpg

Little Brittlestars
60074-albums14675-picture71243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom