What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hoping the other fish will keep unwanted spawnings in check. I might raise a batch now and then to sell but not often.
I also plan in raising some severums at some point. The Angels are just so saturated in the market I can't see doing much with them.

I'm not doing a business though lol.
Just for fun and helping offset some cost if the hobby lol.

I've done good selling snails before and it took ages to sell the the bettas I raised. I sold them for $5 just to get rid of them lol.
Yeah, the market for this Honduran points will be weak, just because they can be pushy. Severum should sell OK tho, ppl love those fish

Did you sell the snails to pet shops or on Craigslist perhaps?? This is my first tank in ages. I'm going slowly with it. Lot's to learn that i didn't plan on. But here i go!! I love angels! But not ready for one yet. At the moment i don't drive, but must backpack spring water two days out of the week! I'm hoping the snail will help me out a little, with how often it gets cleaned? But I've noticed this morning snail dunn is much more noticeable..

Lol .. Poor babies! I think my Lexus was just a little jealous? She comped at the snails shell and everything! On the tip of the snails shell it's chipped. I'm hoping she won't try to bite it. So far today though it seems she has no interest. Fingers crossed!

Did you sell the snails to pet shops or on Craigslist perhaps?? This is my first tank in ages. I'm going slowly with it. Lot's to learn that i didn't plan on. But here i go!! I love angels! But not ready for one yet. At the moment i don't drive, but must backpack spring water two days out of the week! I'm hoping the snail will help me out a little, with how often it gets cleaned? But I've noticed this morning snail dunn is much more noticeable..

I sold to some pet shops and on eBay. I sold "mystery snails" for $2-3 a piece online and $1 to pet stores.
Snails can help with some algea and fish waste but they make their own waist so you have to take that into consideration. They still add biomass to the aquarium and will overall increase the need for water changes.

I'd get a test kit and check your levels of ammonia, NO2 and NO3. You want ammonia and NO2 at 0 to show the tank is cycled and you want to keep NO3 at or below 20ppm.

Will do!! Is it safer to buy spring water or is there an easier way with chemically treated faucet water? I backpack it every time for the spring water.

Will do!! Is it safer to buy spring water or is there an easier way with chemically treated faucet water? I backpack it every time for the spring water.
Definitely treat the tap water. Seachem Prime works well.

The main concern is chlorine that can be in your tap.

-------------

Cut and put in the top braces today. I had a little problem with it trying to attach to the wood but we where able to move the pieces after a few minutes so it does not fully set and attach to the wood.

Before moving (holding the braces in place to fix)
20210217_131511.jpg

After moving out of the way.
20210217_133109.jpg

Bottom is in.
20210218_113807.jpg

I want to reinforce the corners so I have some angle corners coming in the mail.
When they get here I will put those in.... Then it will be done!

Wow, that's a nice size, almost 85 gallons. You could do alot with that. I have 2 threadfin acara. They're gorgeous. But mine are very shy. About 4" right now. Both albino. I traded 3 frontosa for them, 2 angels and a geophagus

Wow, that's a nice size, almost 85 gallons. You could do alot with that. I have 2 threadfin acara. They're gorgeous. But mine are very shy. About 4" right now. Both albino. I traded 3 frontosa for them, 2 angels and a geophagus
Nice!
The albinos are awesome. Mine are just the normal color.
About 3"
20210218_135253.jpg

I like the regular ones better. My severum looked just like that one. They all were in the same 55g. He got a bad popeye infection, and I moved him to a hospital tank and started treatment. He didn't make it thru the night. I'll get another one soon, they're fun

I like the regular ones better. My severum looked just like that one. They all were in the same 55g. He got a bad popeye infection, and I moved him to a hospital tank and started treatment. He didn't make it thru the night. I'll get another one soon, they're fun
Sorry for your loss.
They are fun. I ordered two and the best I can tell I have a pair. So I feel lucky. These are my first severums so I'm still learning about them.

I love them. They call them the poor man's discus. Cuz they look similar, have gorgeous colors, behave similar, but don't cost $135 each, lol
I've debated on getting two more of a different color but if I get breeding activity I think I'll have my hands full with what I have lol.

D-Fish, looks like you're make great progress. Love the fish pics! Only recently have I seen Threadfin Acara - very pretty, and have been noticing more Cichlids and there are so many with interesting colors and patterns (a lack of exposure) just didn't realize!

Yesterday, I bought a "baby" / young Betta red dragon, body white, fins red for the preschool class tank. Wanted a female but they only had 2 and they were not what I was looking for. so we went with the little guy.

He is still alive today, looks okay.

The CPO Dwarf Cray in that preschool tank, actually caught a pellet last night and seemed so proud of herself! Today tried but failed about 6 times.

Then the frogs came out in the front of the tank to get some pellets, but there were already a couple too many dropped in, so they just stayed there waiting, when the food was in the back of the tank :( .

Did pwc's on the 3 smaller tanks and the wine glass.

My SW tank needs a water change and my 5G cubes of water are frozen. Forgot them in the car. :(

Still working on the house, and not sure if I am moving yet. Sort of considering the options either way re: the tanks.

D-Fish, looks like you're make great progress. Love the fish pics! Only recently have I seen Threadfin Acara - very pretty, and have been noticing more Cichlids and there are so many with interesting colors and patterns (a lack of exposure) just didn't realize!

Yesterday, I bought a "baby" / young Betta red dragon, body white, fins red for the preschool class tank. Wanted a female but they only had 2 and they were not what I was looking for. so we went with the little guy.

He is still alive today, looks okay.

The CPO Dwarf Cray in that preschool tank, actually caught a pellet last night and seemed so proud of herself! Today tried but failed about 6 times.

Then the frogs came out in the front of the tank to get some pellets, but there were already a couple too many dropped in, so they just stayed there waiting, when the food was in the back of the tank :( .

Did pwc's on the 3 smaller tanks and the wine glass.

My SW tank needs a water change and my 5G cubes of water are frozen. Forgot them in the car. :(

Still working on the house, and not sure if I am moving yet. Sort of considering the options either way re: the tanks.

Oh no! So sorry to hear about the tanks freezing!

I hope things start going a little better for you.
Moving can definitely be hard. Especially when you have pets involved. Land or aquatic ones.

Back
Top Bottom