What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok reset the app. That seemed to work. 20210211_010136.jpg
Then when I went back to try again and it would not let me lol.
Well I'll just take that as a sign I shouldn't enter.

Well I started work on cutting the acrylic.
I got the top, bottom, and sides cut. I still have the face plate to do.
20210212_113612.jpg

First time working with acrylic and it's definitely different.

I have plans for all day tomorrow so I won't be able to work on it more then but hopefully Sunday it will be looking like a box!

Sweet! I badly want to build an acrylic aquarium, but the cost of acrylic sheets has gotten crazy high this last year. Guess I'll wait and see. Keep us updated

Sweet! I badly want to build an acrylic aquarium, but the cost of acrylic sheets has gotten crazy high this last year. Guess I'll wait and see. Keep us updated
Yours not telling me anything. Just the two front clear panels cost me over $350. I picked the wrong time to do this lol

Been working on one of the tanks.
The edge looks ok but I think I'll need to run the solvent into the other side after this sets. 20210215_124623.jpg20210215_120241.jpg20210215_124636.jpg20210215_124657.jpg

Been working on one of the tanks.
The edge looks ok but I think I'll need to run the solvent into the other side after this sets. View attachment 319810View attachment 319811View attachment 319812View attachment 319813

Well that's so much money for acrylic!!! Good tank making!

Looks like a fun activity. Hobbies are good!

~~~~~
Working on the house and forgot to turn some lights on the tanks yesterday.

Got a call that a little artisan art store would like a couple terrariums to put up for sale and for me and my daughter to present a class on terrarium creating. She showed the ones we made up with the owner (she does watercolors). So that was really exciting. I plan to bring 2, a large one and a simple moss one.

Can only see about 5 of the Chili Rasboras plus my original 2. Hope they are just hiding in the moss. They are teensy. I have to crush up the very small granules of food for them.

Nothing fancy today. Just feeding.
Took a couple of pics of one of my favorite fish.
Love these little guys. I have 5, 2 male and 3 female. They are still little but already have their own territories. I hope they get along together as they grow. It not I may have to re-home a couple.
20210216_123922.jpg20210216_124007.jpg20210216_124008.jpg

Nothing fancy today. Just feeding.
Took a couple of pics of one of my favorite fish.
Love these little guys. I have 5, 2 male and 3 female. They are still little but already have their own territories. I hope they get along together as they grow. It not I may have to re-home a couple.
View attachment 319843View attachment 319844View attachment 319845
They'll get along pretty good until spawning. Then you'll also have 50 of them. Haha! They are prolific breeders. And pretty nasty in defense

At first my little Lexus (f) betta didn't like the African Zebra snail i put in. She went for it's antenna. She seems fine today though. BETTAgirl.

They'll get along pretty good until spawning. Then you'll also have 50 of them. Haha! They are prolific breeders. And pretty nasty in defense
I'm hoping the other fish will keep unwanted spawnings in check. I might raise a batch now and then to sell but not often.
I also plan in raising some severums at some point. The Angels are just so saturated in the market I can't see doing much with them.

I'm not doing a business though lol.
Just for fun and helping offset some cost if the hobby lol.

I've done good selling snails before and it took ages to sell the the bettas I raised. I sold them for $5 just to get rid of them lol.

Back
Top Bottom