What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad day so far, my new Christmas filter is a leaker!!! Had everything set up and was ready to plug it in when I heard water dripping where the cord plugs in. So I'm off to get a new filter. Dang!!!

Tetra1990 said:
Bad day so far, my new Christmas filter is a leaker!!! Had everything set up and was ready to plug it in when I heard water dripping where the cord plugs in. So I'm off to get a new filter. Dang!!!

I'm having a bad day too, I was doing a pwc and got distracted, only to be reminded by the sound of overflowing water.

Rearranged all of my live rock today. Hopefully this set up will satisfy me

Attachments

• image-86894688.jpg
    image-86894688.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 73
Removed and euthenized the rest of my neons from my planted tank. Contracted neon tetra disease from some blck neons I bought a couple weeks ago. Pretty sad, I had a group of 20 neons, and 15 blk. neons. Now I have 4, and 2. The other fish are not affected at all.

Bought a nice piece of drift wood for my 20 gallon planted tank some java moss and some lettuce floating plants and did a water change on my 20 too!

Night before last I went to pick up a 110G tank full of plants and was asked to take the fish too! Wow, some of the biggest fish I have seen. I still need to set my 72G tank.

Tons of plants... 2 - 6" & 7" Siamese Algae Eaters, a big Clown Loach, going to a new home in a huge tank and lots more Clowns. The biggest Red Tail Shark I have seen, really pretty of course 6". Several Otos, the biggest blue Gourami I have seen 6", looks kinda like a dinosaur fish! Set up a temporary tank to hold the Shark, Clown and Gourami, ended up with a Sword and an Oto in there too.

Going to get the 72G up tomorrow or the next day!

Let my daughter talk me out of picking up a Fluval Chi, for today any how.

Night before last I went to pick up a 110G tank full of plants and was asked to take the fish too! Wow, some of the biggest fish I have seen. I still need to set my 72G tank.

Tons of plants... 2 - 6" & 7" Siamese Algae Eaters, a big Clown Loach, going to a new home in a huge tank and lots more Clowns. The biggest Red Tail Shark I have seen, really pretty of course 6". Several Otos, the biggest blue Gourami I have seen 6", looks kinda like a dinosaur fish! Set up a temporary tank to hold the Shark, Clown and Gourami, ended up with a Sword and an Oto in there too.

Going to get the 72G up tomorrow or the next day!

Let my daughter talk me out of picking up a Fluval Chi, for today any how.

Pictures!

Being impatient waiting for the tank to cycle!

Ammonia-consuming bacteria is established. I can dose ammonia and it is gone in 24 hours. NItrites have spiked and seem to be coming down but very slowly. Nitrates are off the chart. Waiting for nitrites to read 0 ppm then ready for big water change to get rid of nitrates. Then the stocking begins!

Filtration for Terraphyte Tanks

Hello all...

Have found a little mechanical filtration is needed for tanks that mainly use emersed land plants to maintain pure water conditions for fish. An HOB will help keep the tank water clear. I noticed a little cloudiness in my 38 G and added a Hagen AC 50 to the tank and within 24 hours, the water was nice and clear.

The land plants continue to remove all forms of nitrogen from the the water. No large, weekly water changes. With the addition of the HOBs, total maintenance time for five large tank is roughly an hour, possibly two per week.

B

just finished all my new tops

hope this helps the gas exchange

Attachments

• clam 004.jpg
    clam 004.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 137
Convict2161 said:
Water changes on both tanks. Also them a really good cleaning so they look perfect for company tomorrow.

Boom same here! Merry christmas brotha!

I got a Aqueon water changer for christmas, paraguard, starter set of flourish, iron, and potassium?, Flourish tabs, general cure, 2 500 ml bottles of prime (enough for 10k gallons!), Aquaclear 30 for a 20 high, Freeze dried daphina, freeze dried blood worms, decapped brine shrimp in jar, 500 ml stress coat, a whirly popcorn maker, Foam for Aquaclear 70, Biomax for Aquaclear 70. I think I am spoiled. I only asked for aquarium supplies on my amazon list. :fish2::whistle:

I got a Aqueon water changer for christmas, paraguard, starter set of flourish, iron, and potassium?, Flourish tabs, general cure, 2 500 ml bottles of prime (enough for 10k gallons!), Aquaclear 30 for a 20 high, Freeze dried daphina, freeze dried blood worms, decapped brine shrimp in jar, 500 ml stress coat, a whirly popcorn maker, Foam for Aquaclear 70, Biomax for Aquaclear 70. I think I am spoiled. I only asked for aquarium supplies on my amazon list. :fish2::whistle:
Excellent!! You hit the jackpot. You must have been extra good this year:lol:

I was very good! Well for the most part, trick is to not get caught! Most of that is from my in-laws! They wanted an amazon wish list (simple point and click), this is stuff I really wanted. I didn't honestly think I'd get all of it. But according to my husband I had the cheapest stuff but a lot of it! LOL:lol:

Ps can you imagine their faces when they first saw the list?
I'm sure they were like WTF?

Back
Top Bottom