What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added to the biocube (first salt ever)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130407_203526.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130407_203526.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 75
Tore my tank apart looking for my firefish... Verdict is... Pistol shrimp guilty of 1st degree murder and eating the evidence :-(

Sentencing to be rolled out tomorrow... Removal from tank and taken back to lfs for a full refund and being replaced with a six line wrasse and a new firefish who I am naming Rocket II

What Did You Do...

Hello Aa...

A 50 percent water change in this planted 55 G, low tech, subdued lighting. No special ferts or systems. Plants are Anubias nangi, a little Java fern, Brazilian Water weed and Pennywort. Just a lot of pure, treated tap water flushed through the tank every week.

B

Attachments

• WP_20130406_001.jpg
    WP_20130406_001.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 103
Hello Aa...

A 50 percent water change in this planted 55 G, low tech, subdued lighting. No special ferts or systems. Plants are Anubias nangi, a little Java fern, Brazilian Water weed and Pennywort. Just a lot of pure, treated tap water flushed through the tank every week.

B

Looks good!

I just found about 10 new baby Mystery snails! In 72G!

I am so excited! first ones so that why...haven't got to the I don't ever want to see another Mystery snail point yet!!!

Also a couple days ago got a new batch of Rainbow Blue Platy fry.

Doing a pwc on the 72G.

Tore down my 36 bowfront and changed the gravel to sand to give it a more somewhat natural look.Took a couple hours but my guys seem happier now and I'm proud of myself. Here's an after shot.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130408_143424.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_143424.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 83
Worked all day on my 30g Amazonian. Cleaned all filters , fittings, hoses, heater, UV sterilizer, everything! Did 66% PWC and vac'd gravel lightly. Trimmed plants, moved some, "combed"(literally with hair comb) the Myrio to get the misc. debris out of the leaves. Put in root tabs, then cleaned all the mess I made up. Whew! Me and the fishys are happy! Later, OS.

Took every rock and coral out of my tank to catch Hercules the evil pistol shrimp that ate my firefish. Took him back and got a new firefish and a six line wrasse. Tried to get my rock back how I like it but I couldn't I'll just have to get used to it I guess

Found some new purty rocks for my tank!! Will be putting them in with my next cleaning as I am too lazy tonight... Lol

My new lighting said it is out for delivery!! Now I cant wait to go home to see what its like!!

I'm going to have to take apart my Marineland emporer 400. It has suddenly gotten noisy. It's always so quiet!. Anyway... This should be fun. Maybe I need a new impeller? I really have no idea. Any helpful ideas are welcome!

My new light came today. Got my gram scale yesterday. Supposed to get my PPS-Pro ferts in the regular mail today. So excited. Let the plant growing begin! Go away algae! LOL

OS.

rescaped all my 2.5's, rinsed more sand.

I'm getting tired of all the work involved with changing from gravel to walstad method, but I'm sure it will be worth it once I get it finished!

I'm going to have to take apart my Marineland emporer 400. It has suddenly gotten noisy. It's always so quiet!. Anyway... This should be fun. Maybe I need a new impeller? I really have no idea. Any helpful ideas are welcome!

I took it all apart and cleaned it really good. I found the cause of all the noise. A Malaysian trumpet snail was down in the chamber that houses the impeller! So the problem has been solved. :)

Back
Top Bottom