What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50% pwc on both tanks and managed to trip over a towel and throw about 5G of water over my vintage leather sofa!!!! The resulting look on husbands face was hilarious....don't think I'm doing much to encourage his love of my fish :-/ ooops! (fish v happy tho)

Well I've had an awful day, in the middle of cleaning my elephant nose tank my hubby took out the cave to empty the water out and give it a rinse and out fell a kuhli into the sink caught it before it disappeared down the drain then another three fell out put them back in my tank looked like they were going to die, moving about now. Then i found a dead shrimp! I, ve removed the cave one unhappy elephant nose.
50 % clean on my bettas tank without any casualties.

I had this happen last week too! Although it wasn't in the sink.

50% pwc on both tanks and managed to trip over a towel and throw about 5G of water over my vintage leather sofa!!!! The resulting look on husbands face was hilarious....don't think I'm doing much to encourage his love of my fish :-/ ooops! (fish v happy tho)

Last night I managed to pour a bucket so that most of it spilled down the front of my 10 gallon and onto the floor, splashed the walls... Oops. I was pouring it over my hand so as to not disturb the sand and plants, but it just ran up my arm and out of the tank. My boyfriend giggled a little when I ran out of the room to grab a towel. He had been spilling things all night and now it was my turn.

Oh goodness!! It's awful when this happens, hope all recover well.....my puffer survived a splash in my bath :-/ don't feel bad, u always come across as a very dedicated fish keeper, accidents happen. X

Thank you! My hubby actually rescued one from the drain! It's gills were blood red he seems fine at the moment. What a fright we both got.

He, ll be banning you from having more if you keep doing that! Lol

Finally changed the substrate from gravel to soil/sand on my 28 and added some MTS to stir the sand. Jeez, what an ordeal. I will be using Eco complete from now on.
Also got 5 new Kuhli Loaches and more albino BNP's in this morning.

Attachments

• image-843625936.jpg
    image-843625936.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 50
Yeah, mine fell into a large, DRY tub. Try picking up a squirmy eel like critter. Not the easiest thing in the world.

I know lol one managed to land on my carpet when my hubby came back through with the cave luckily his reaction is quicker than mine!

Finally changed the substrate from gravel to soil/sand on my 28 and added some MTS to stir the sand. Jeez, what an ordeal. I will be using Eco complete from now on.

Very nice! Love your set up:)

Definitely dumped about 2 gallons of dirty water on my carpets last night during a change.... I tripped on my pant leg! HAHA Had to scrub my carpets at like 10 at night.... Not how I planned on spending the rest of my evening! Lol

That looks awesome!

Definitely dumped about 2 gallons of dirty water on my carpets last night during a change.... I tripped on my pant leg! HAHA Had to scrub my carpets at like 10 at night.... Not how I planned on spending the rest of my evening! Lol

Haha, I can't seem to do these jobs without making a mess...part of the fun perhaps ;-) my sofa and your carpet will need to get used to this I fear!!

Wow keeping aquariums is dangerous!!! I feel so much better knowing I am in good company!

I was packing up some shrimp to mail and as I was pouring them into the bag the plastic flap collapsed when the java moss bumped it and 23 dwarf shrimp splattered onto the kitchen floor. Only one seemed to be too dizzy to make the trip and I hear they all arrived ALIVE by some miracle. Some of them were still in the container wishing they had a little more water.

I bought a new Eheim 50 watt heater to replace the 25 watt Fluval heater that never worked in my 5 gallon (the 50 watt was $13 cheaper then the Eheim 25 watt). Next up, large pwc on the coffee table tank before bed.

Back
Top Bottom