What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got an iPhone 5 yesterday and I must say I'm impressed with the panoramic camera feature. This is my view of the fish room/man cave from my favorite seat.

Have it on my nokia lumia 900 ... dang windows system i cant use my aa app though :( ill be changing phones out come march for sure !!!!!! Whats the news on babies ? Assuming it wasnt good or you woulda txtd :(

Good news! My betta is finally better! I think it may have been the ammonia from adding the pleco without thinking, though none of the other fish seemed affected. Either way, after some lenient feeding, daily water changes, and some added aquarium salt and extra stress coat, he's doing great!

Unfortunately, my shrimp tank is down to one female and dozens of invading snails....ugh

Good news! My betta is finally better! I think it may have been the ammonia from adding the pleco without thinking, though none of the other fish seemed affected. Either way, after some lenient feeding, daily water changes, and some added aquarium salt and extra stress coat, he's doing great!

Unfortunately, my shrimp tank is down to one female and dozens of invading snails....ugh

I just realized my OEBT are being out competed for food by too many Ramshorns, so culling this week on my day off. :eek: ARRRGGGH!

Got a package of plants, most excited over a tennis ball size wad of Christmas moss, and a Solo cup of Subwassertang. Then appx 12 stems of sunset hygrophila and about 8-10 of Red Ludwigia.

The Subwassertang and the Christmas Moss are going to be for my coming 12G Edge.

The dark red Cherry Shrimp are going to get moved out of my 16G to into the 6.6G Edge over the next week or two, when I see them I will be scooping them up!

Looks like I will be selling the 16G finally, no $ (till 12 days from now...) in hand so still unknown for sure. lol In the mean time I need to get things moved over, if I want to keep them, like my Bamboo Shrimp and Amanos, too.

Planning the transition of what I will be keeping from it.

Monday or Tuesday I am going to pull out everything plant wise and clean the tank well, move some creatures over to the the 37G.

The 37G has a broken light so I need to figure out what I can do for that problem. Retrofit a CFL into the built in hood probably???????:confused:

TOO much stuff to do! :blink:

I found a dead GBR in my 70 planted to be honest I was neglecting my tanks for the last few weeks due to my son being hospitalized. So I did a 50% pwc on my 70 and my daughters 20

Today was maintence day.... broke apart a few hobs.and cleaned them added water from evaporation..noticed i got a few more females holding and my syno cats have been fighting some ... my blues are working on more babies so ill be keeping a close watch on the female this time

Might have a new to me tank coming soon got someone wanting ine out of their house just not sure what size yet ...

Thanks, if he doesn't I know it's my fault but kids have to come first

Put some new black gravel in my 5g Betta tank :) did water changes on both of my tanks. The 10g seems healthier now. I think the parasite is finally gone! Also had to scrub the algae out of my 5g. It was getting pretty bad. Happy fishies all around :)

Went out and bought a gravel vac. Have not used one in a long time (one tank is planted and the shrimp tank is sort of new). It was a telescoping type with some type of flapper (no sucking on the siphon hose). Worked fine; slow flow; narrow tube to get into tight places. The only thing I did not like was that very fine grains of EcoComplete got in between the two sleeves (the telescoping feature) and now it is stuck at one length (which is fine...dry hands).
It really pulled a lot of gunk from the gravel. I only vacuumed the parts that were not near any plants.

Filter swap

I removed the internal filter from our 6-gal opting for an Azoo 150 HOB, which is MUCH quieter.

I ran the two filters in parallel for a week to seed BB in the new HOB and dosed with Stability. Checking water parameters this morning...

I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

They are crossed! You got it no problem!

Heh, oh yeah, and I just remembered I need to get a QT up and running, I'm getting new fish in tomorrow! Thankfully I keep a sponge filter seeded, so I just need to fill it up and pop the filter and a heater in. So that makes two 20 longs to get started on!

You'll get it.

Back
Top Bottom