What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I changed water in my QT that has a betta with nipped fins in it. I went through my snails and pulled the ones for shipping tomorrow. I ordered a new small betta tank and a floating log and 4 nets for $28! (betta tank is 1.1 g for temporary housing). I am trading snails and a small amount of cash for a 29g tank with metal stand to go in the basement- sealed that deal today. Its been a decent day for fish related things.

Angelfish laid eggs for real!

I watched my Koi Angelfish fertilize the eggs and fan them, Some of them were eaten. Male has been fertilizing the eggs off and on for 1.5 hours.

I thought those two have been up to something!!!

They won't likely live even if they hatch as there are lots of other fish which would want to eat them.

So maybe for next time I can find them a slate I can move.

Excited and bummed out at the same time!!! :rolleyes:

Rinsed out my prefilter in my Edge tank this morning.

I think I am going to have to keep a notebook as it was pretty gunky and I know I did a cleaning on it not TOO long ago!

This was actually yesterdays work but I was too tired last night to post.

I finally got my test kit in! Unfortunately my ammonia in my tank was terrible...I'm assuming it spiked when my pleco went in and it's what's been affecting my betta. I did about a 30-40% water change, added a little extra slime coat, turned the heater up a small amount (which it seems like everyone enjoyed) and I'm going to continue small water changes over the next few days while adding small amounts of aquarium salt to the tank. So far, my betta has been doing a lot better since. :)

Unfortunately, two more RCS died...I'm pretty sure the last one is too but I didn't have time to check this morning. Disappointing, but I've learned a few lessons. I think I'll wait a few weeks and give it another shot once the params check out.

Hoping to pick up some slate from the local stone masonry to make some inserts for my two tanks I'm working on.

I'm waiting for it to cool off a little, then I will be doing some water changes and washing off the massive chunk of driftwood that is still in the trunk of my car. Then maybe I can figure out a way to soak it. I will probably have to fill up my 40 where it is on the floor and soak it in there. I'm hoping the heat of my trunk for a day has killed off any spiders on it! I had a spider drop into my car window and disappear somewhere on my door earlier today, so I'm not in the mood to have any others jump out at me!
If I haven't reached the point of heat exhaustion by that point, I may set up my 20 longs somewhat. Still need a few pieces of equipment, but those will be making their way here shortly.

I'm waiting for it to cool off a little, then I will be doing some water changes and washing off the massive chunk of driftwood that is still in the trunk of my car. Then maybe I can figure out a way to soak it. I will probably have to fill up my 40 where it is on the floor and soak it in there. I'm hoping the heat of my trunk for a day has killed off any spiders on it! I had a spider drop into my car window and disappear somewhere on my door earlier today, so I'm not in the mood to have any others jump out at me!
If I haven't reached the point of heat exhaustion by that point, I may set up my 20 longs somewhat. Still need a few pieces of equipment, but those will be making their way here shortly.

Massive hunk of wood from a hunk of a guy!!!! Lol

Massive hunk of wood from a hunk of a guy!!!! Lol

Lol! It's been rinsed, along with the stand. Once we put the kittens to bed I will haul it all inside. Btw, want a kitten? We have a slight infestation.

But something terrifying just happened - a wasp got inside and landed on my 56 gallon. Smart wasp - we couldn't hit it or spray it! My boyfriend just very carefully squished it with a shoe... then got stung by the corpse.

I set it up! Still cloudy but its from the sand. Should clear up by mornin!
img_2602132_0_a08dc8f0e3c4acaf74e4d4a2381484a1.jpg

So I got an iPhone 5 yesterday and I must say I'm impressed with the panoramic camera feature. This is my view of the fish room/man cave from my favorite seat.

Attachments

• image-3068341154.jpg
    image-3068341154.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 106
Water change and filter cleaning. Water tests. Added red root floaters to tank. Enjoyed watchng happy healthy fish.

Back
Top Bottom