What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well didnt wanna waste any, about 3 inches. Gonna give the future apistogramma cacatouides orange flash a good templet to dig though ;) gonna make this a south american tank, 10 beckmans pencil fish, 5 corys, 3 oto cats, and the apisto pair
good to hear you like the beckford's. My males are coloring up real nice. I'll try to get a good picture later.

50lbs lol, the whole bag of PFS

With that much sand and a low filter intake, it might be a good idea to place a sponge prefilter over the filter intake to reduce the amount of sand that gets into the filter. It may cause premature wear to the impeller (ranging from noise to complete stoppage).

With that much sand and a low filter intake, it might be a good idea to place a sponge prefilter over the filter intake to reduce the amount of sand that gets into the filter. It may cause premature wear to the impeller (ranging from noise to complete stoppage).

Yeah, ive notice some sand inside of it. Will do

Oops thought it was beckman lol. You told me about them right?
Yeah it was me. Not many people keep them and I don't know why. I plan on eventually keeping some coral red pencilfish:

image-3580424327.jpg

Or some purple pencilfish:

image-3029725074.jpg

But that's way down the road because they are very delicate and expensive.

To stay on topic, I turned the lights on and fed some frozen bloodworms. Everyone is happy and healthy.

Yeah it was me. Not many people keep them and I don't know why. I plan on eventually keeping some coral red pencilfish:

Or some purple pencilfish:

But that's way down the road because they are very delicate and expensive.

To stay on topic, I turned the lights on and fed some frozen bloodworms. Everyone is happy and healthy.

Man! Those are stunning for FW! Better than any cardinal ive seen! (cardinals are small saltwater schooling fish)

I moved my three corys from the small tank where they've been quarantined, to my larger tank. I did not want to net them -- I lost on just after I bought them due, I think, to clumsy netting.

So I moved them with a bottle-trap. It worked like a charm. The trick is to bury the open side a little in the gravel. Then pop, pop, pop! Instant success :)

Nearly caught my snail too :)

snail.jpg

The two corys I've already got - they must be about three years old now - seem SO happy to have companions. They came out of hiding immediately to greet the newcomers and everyone seems happy.

Next time I'll use a bottle that's not pinched in the middle (less chance of escape) and I'll put in less bait. One whole pellet was way too much.

So I moved them with a bottle-trap. It worked like a charm. The trick is to bury the open side a little in the gravel. Then pop, pop, pop! Instant success :)

Good job, it is wonderful when a plan comes together!

I filled all the tanks for evaporation and checked on all the inhabitants. It seems all is well. Fed and turned on the lights.

Sorry to hear that Fishman. I hope you are able to sort out whatever has gone wrong with your tank :confused:

Still havent found out :(. Just gonna try and do everything right when i redo it i think it may have been the polyfill, i always washed it out but someone on here (not gonna say any names) told me its fine, the stuff is 100% polyester, no additives or preservetives... So this one time i didnt wash it out... Could be somthing i missed, but it says theres nothing in it. Back to topic got the 10g QT on to the stand, now i am gonna drain 10g from the the tank and fill it up with brand new saltwater. Got my RODI unit setup! The clown goby hasent been eating and has gained alot of specks/bumps :(

Nothing much. Fed the fish. Tried something different with the shrimp; placed the algae wafer in a corner that gets minimal current. The idea is to minimize food scatter. When the shrimp eat, they eject food particles. With a decent current, the particulates go who knows where. I think it would be more efficient if the particles settled near the feeding area. More food eaten; less waste.

Found a dead Berried Cherry Shrimp. Did a 30% pwc and removed the dead one of course. The rest of them are looking fine. Though there was a dead half grown juvenile one about 3 weeks ago before I left on my trip. I am hoping there isn't something bad going on.

I'v waging war on blackbeard algae for a couple months now and finally feel like im gaining some ground. So I rescaped the 75. Have to scrub the driftwood again for the..I dont knowth time. I'v lost count but thats

ForumRunner_20131108_235025.jpg

not going to happen till tomorrow

Got a black background for my 20 gallon. I got tired of the old one. Also, moms 10 gallon is very closed to finishing out its cycle.

Found a bunch of Seachem matrix, matrix carbon, API phoszorb and some marineland rite-size foam sleeves all on clearance for $1 or $2 a piece. Couldnt pass it up

Also battling an Ich problem, only my GBR has it. Everyone else is swimming around fine and have shown no signs. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom