What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PWC today and rinsed out the intake sponge on the 29g. Much better flow. I need to rinse these out a few times a month the keep things moving. IMG_2150.jpg

I’gor is out to say hello! And feed me plz...IMG_2153.jpg

Rainbows and snails out and about. Khuli’s are in the cave and weeds. IMG_2154.jpg

Last edited:
Did water changes on both tanks today, cleaned filters, trimmed plants. It was maintenance Sunday.

Ordered a three-shelf wire storage rack to hold the new 20 and the current 10. The 20 will (for now) become a larger platy ranch, until I can get them up to size and dump them ...er... donate them to the LFS. Then I'll get a real stand and make a display tank of it.

The 10 will become the QT tank I've never had. :cool:

Now I want to write out an eww that goes on for a page and a half...

I'm with you there friend!

Last night I was removing the last dead Platy from the treatment QT tank, and next to it I found a Neon with a gray/dead spot on its back like Columnaris tell tale sign.

Tonight is the last night of treatment for the bacterial infection. Water change tomorrow and then off to get meds for the Columnaris treatment. Evidently the slower killing kind.

3 Tetras and a WCMM are left plus the 3 big fish Opaline Gourami, Koi Angel and the huge Spotted Rafael Catfish. The big guys look fine atm. Honestly I am a bit depressed over the illness situation.

Very glad I guess, I never moved the fish over to the 72G. And that I used a QT.

[Good move Barliman, setting up a QT]

In other bad news - I bumped the light bar, Finnex Fuge Ray Planted Plus (the little thumb screw doesn't really screw in enough for the light to stay firmly against the glass); the end of the light bar fell into the tank.

It has an odd design with the flexible neck of the lamp on one end, not the center, so moving it around causes the balance to be off.

It got into the water about 4 inches and was sealed enough, thankfully to not electrocute the inhabitants. But it got moisture in the LEDs and I lost about 1/4 -1/3 of the white LED lights on that end - reds still work. I shut it off till the next day but maybe it didn't have enough time to dry out all the way.

Presently wondering about using the Fluval LED light which was on the 46G. It might be too strong for the small not too deep SW nano tanks.

One more reason I should just get a new SW tank :angel:.

Still shopping for a good used furniture item to put the PRL 12G Edge, Spec V, and small planted bowls on. Just can't find the right thing so far.

Came home to the smell of melting plastic. Traced it to the heater in my 29g. The heater top was above the water 1/2 inch and it was coming from there. Heater was cool to the touch but I could hear it talking and sizzling on the inside.

Luckily I have a spare. And it just quit as opposed to boiling the tank.

Didn't even think that through well enough, I might have been able to save it.

I had a cell phone that got wet, and I tried the rice thing. After a day or so of that I turned it on and the screen was all messed up, so I looked for other methods. I found where someone said to submerge the phone in rubbing alcohol (higher percentage the better). I was very skeptical but had nothing to lose so I tried it and it worked like a charm. The alcohol traps any water, and evaporates very quickly.

Anyways after all that, the moral of the story is maybe you could soak it in alcohol, let it dry for an hour or so, then try it again. Might work.:brows:

Cleaned the little Edge tank and the new 40 breeder shrimp extravaganza tank. Still working out the logistics for water changes in that one. I need to upgrade the sump, what it’s got is really too small. Also picked up a stick on battery powered LED light for the underside of the cabinet—nice to be able to see what you’re doing!

Watched the new Pipefish eat again last night and this AM and PM.

Needing to do a pwc in the SW tanks and the 29G QT.

Unfortunately, having to order the Furan-2 if I can find it online. The other box lfs did not have it.

Got my new Bolbitis and Buce from Junglefowl and had no idea how freakin tall the Bolbitis would be lol.
20Long is way to short so it went in my main tank. I removed a few crypts in the rear and have the rhizome sitting on the sand with the small Buce covered rocks leaning on it a bit to hold it down. A little BBA so I H2O2 treated and removed the worst leaf.. IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

Little baby Buce is on the big rock with its buddies.

IMG_2291.jpg

Since I moved the rocks around Khuli’s have been trying out the new crevices.

And I honestly did not need another plant. But I got a $40 gift card from the boss for Christmas and had to blow it, RIGHT![emoji13]

Last edited:
Didn't even think that through well enough, I might have been able to save it.

god knows how many leds I lost that way got them dried out but that salt works overtime with the elect currant instant corrosion . I take apart my good ones now every 2 weeks just to clean out any salt a can of air and a can of that electrical clean stuff works great it dries any moisture instantly . I Got it at BB

Got my new Bolbitis and Buce from Junglefowl and had no idea how freakin tall the Bolbitis would be lol.
20Long is way to short so it went in my main tank. I removed a few crypts in the rear and have the rhizome sitting on the sand with the small Buce covered rocks leaning on it a bit to hold it down. A little BBA so I H2O2 treated and removed the worst leaf.
you got those tanks looking good

Last edited:
Today is water change day as I missed it on weds , calcium and KH are back where they need to be , things are staying stable now since I'm using sea-lab-#28 bricks , saves me time of not having to dose . as the bricks slowly release everything the tank needs ,
Ive seen a big improvement on the corals which was my biggest concern

Back
Top Bottom