What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fed the new additions, although the puffers are being little idjits and spending more time teasing each other and seeing what I'm doing than they are eating. One peacock is a little under the weather but hoping the prazipro takes care of the problem. I dosed the puffers too, since everything says they'll have worms. The frogs seem super happy to have all the plants to hide in and under. Still need to rehome some guppies, and of course the females had to drop fry the last couple of days, so I'll have even more to get rid of lol.

20171125_212349.jpg20171125_211127.jpg20171125_211419.jpg20171124_204315.jpg

Been gone all day and mostly for the past days...

72G seems alright and was cloudy that next night but the next night was clear and looks perfect right now.

BUT...Found a dead Angel in the breeder and then tonight, 2 days later found the 2 new Boesemani Rainbows dead In the same tank. This is the same tank which had Ich haven't seen any Ich cysts for over a week -10 days I think. The other angel looks iffy.

One Angel in the 72G, the smallest one that gets picked on by the biggest Koi Angel, seems to have a infection in its tail but other wise seems fine. I need to figure that out as I really like that fish.

The past weeks have been a bit of an issue in the tanks. Hoping to get through another round of water changes tomorrow and see where we stand and try to figure out the medications needed for the sick Angel and maybe just do a run through of meds on the 46G tank, combine all the questionable fish. Not too sure.

This makes me feel like holding off on setting up the 90G tank for now, and unfortunately its taking up a good amount of space in the garage.

Found a dead shrimp today with a molting complication. I also gave my neons a salt dip because one looks like it has some fungus. (White blotches) I dipped all of them in case there is fungus on the rest that I can't see.

those lil frog feet sticking out gave me a giggle
the plant isn't that a house plant looks like a type of ivy mom grew many moons ago
attachment.php

Last edited:
It occurs to me that, since we had to give up my daughter's betta because she was too mean to be in the community tank, and we currently have an inhabitantless 20 long that maybe... Maybe Santa will bring an invitation to a trip to the fish nerd place.

those lil frog feet sticking out gave me a giggle
the plant isn't that a house plant looks like a type of ivy mom grew many moons ago
attachment.php
Nah, it's plain old anubias nana with some algae lol. And I loved the little feet [emoji23]

It occurs to me that, since we had to give up my daughter's betta because she was too mean to be in the community tank, and we currently have an inhabitantless 20 long that maybe... Maybe Santa will bring an invitation to a trip to the fish nerd place.

now that sounds like a winner (y)

my day was weird I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday to get a call saying they had no feeder shrimp .
ok so I ordered from another place
got another call from the first place I put in a order they got there shrimp in
wow now I have 1500 feeders coming
so I had to break out a bigger tank now that was a task in its self
well fish will be well fed for the holidays
never a dull moment

I took out my undergravel filter plates yesterday. I understand why alot of people go with sand now. Holly crap! It's no wounder I've been having issue's! Air stones with undergravel plates in a 75 gallon just don't cut it! Anyways! Doing another water change soon today. Tank is alittle cloudy this morning. Had to rinse my media and pads in the canister and do a water change after pulling them plates out yesterday. So happy they are out though! Wow! what a mess! Poor fish!

I received my Marine Pure FW & SW Biofilter big block 8x8x4. Shipped fast!

Now will need to figure out best option atm/what to do with it.
~~~

That is a big number of feeder shrimp Seaweed.

Need to pick up corals sometime in the next couple days.

Though noticing some red color on some SW Codium, I am afraid I might have Cyano. ugh

^^^ Speaking of red, I did a heavy H2O2 treatment on BBA on the canister intake and return fittings. Turned red overnight; waiting on it to turn whitish and slough off. IMG_4760.jpg

Thought for the day: The best part about having a tank with 20 different Anubias plants is you can always see a few new leaves at any given time!

Nice 'shrooms!

Saturday is the
2017 Rocky Mountain Coral Extravaganza!!!! Never been even though I had wanted to for the past 4-5 years.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...nyone-event-12-2-17-a-363020.html#post3477613

Picking up my 5 coral frags from one of the presenters, Allyson from Mind Blowing Corals, and just maybe will come home with something else. Hoping for some great deals and some samples of interesting stuff.

Cleaned tank and did 1/4 water change. Wasn’t sure if I needed too, since I just upgraded to the twenty gallon last week. Decided it couldn’t hurt. Changed the filter as well,the old one was clogged.

Getting discouraged, peacock gudgeon died, the other one was looking good but now looks like crap too. Prazipro dosed again, wondering if it's the store, have had issues with their stock before but they're the only non petsmart/petco around.

The puffers may or may not be eating, they won't eat anything I put in but they don't look skinny.

The adf's seem to be having a blast, so at least I'm doing something right I guess :/

Back
Top Bottom