Worst employee of the month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingforfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright guys, can you tell me if this is reasonable or not?

It's gonna be a long post, just a warning.
So I went to my lps to pick out dog food, and I happened to check out the fish section for a few minutes. They had the regular stock of fish: goldfish, mollies, platy....etc etc...and then I saw the panda and schwartz cories. Mind you, these are the cories I am considering for my stocking plan, so instinctively I went over to see how they were. Surprise! Healthy and swimming freely. Okay, sounds good..and then I stood in a trance as I saw the price...$6 a cory.

Okay, whatever, if I can spend $200+ on fish supplies, the price of the actual fish shouldn't phase me. I quickly shrugged it off.

Now this is where the real 'problem' happens.

An employee (surprise!) came to me and asked if I was interested in getting some (Corys). I quickly said no and that I was going to get them some other time in the future.

So then he asked me:

E: "How long has your tank been running?"

M: "It's in the beginning of its cycle, so less than a month."

E: "Why are you wasting your time then? Cycling is not necessary. Your fish won't die. Sorry young lady, but you're seriously wasting your time if you don't know how to handle this hobby. And cories sell out fast. Sorry."

M: "Well I believe it helps."

E: "Then don't be in the hobby, you're wasting you and the fishes time."

Then guess what? He left. Literally turned around and went venturing off. I cannot believe it. I seriously wanted to smack him with the bag of dog food that was in my cart. Sadly It's the closest one to where I live, because I live farther from town. Still planning on buying the cories though, just when he's not there.

Oh, if you live in Oahu, this certain pet store is in Kapolei, right next to Ross. *sigh*

Im 15. And i get in trouble a lot. You know why. Because im honest and dont take crap like that haha. You should have went up to him and *raised voice* and told him about the hobby and taught him the nitrogen cycle. Then turn around tell him to get the fish and leave . Im really not a rude person i just dont like when others decide they know everything. But i i think its stupid you had to deal with that :(

Im 15. And i get in trouble a lot. You know why. Because im honest and dont take crap like that haha. You should have went up to him and *raised voice* and told him about the hobby and taught him the nitrogen cycle. Then turn around tell him to get the fish and leave . Im really not a rude person i just dont like when others decide they know everything. But i i think its stupid you had to deal with that :(

I'm 15 as well, and I think that if I did rant, the manager wouldn't take me as seriously as the "professional" employee running the aquatics department. I wish I could rescue every single one of them but unfortunately that isn't likely to happen at all. **** employee, it's no wonder he just cut the conversation off right then and there. Good for you though, I wish I had the power!

I'm 15 as well, and I think that if I did rant, the manager wouldn't take me as seriously as the "professional" employee running the aquatics department. I wish I could rescue every single one of them but unfortunately that isn't likely to happen at all. **** employee, it's no wonder he just cut the conversation off right then and there. Good for you though, I wish I had the power!

Ya. I used to be shy and didnt speak much. Them i started to notice how stupid some people are. Good luck with that LFS!

Ya. I used to be shy and didnt speak much. Them i started to notice how stupid some people are. Good luck with that LFS!

Yeah, I'm gonna need all the luck I can get the next time I go there..which probably next week again. I just hope he doesn't recognize me with my parents next time, or I swear he's gonna try and get me in trouble (if he does then ill speak up!) haha.

Yeah, I'm gonna need all the luck I can get the next time I go there..which probably next week again. I just hope he doesn't recognize me with my parents next time, or I swear he's gonna try and get me in trouble (if he does then ill speak up!) haha.

I dont see how he could get you in trouble. But good luck.

Alright guys, can you tell me if this is reasonable or not?

It's gonna be a long post, just a warning.
So I went to my lps to pick out dog food, and I happened to check out the fish section for a few minutes. They had the regular stock of fish: goldfish, mollies, platy....etc etc...and then I saw the panda and schwartz cories. Mind you, these are the cories I am considering for my stocking plan, so instinctively I went over to see how they were. Surprise! Healthy and swimming freely. Okay, sounds good..and then I stood in a trance as I saw the price...$6 a cory.

Okay, whatever, if I can spend $200+ on fish supplies, the price of the actual fish shouldn't phase me. I quickly shrugged it off.

Now this is where the real 'problem' happens.

An employee (surprise!) came to me and asked if I was interested in getting some (Corys). I quickly said no and that I was going to get them some other time in the future.

So then he asked me:

E: "How long has your tank been running?"

M: "It's in the beginning of its cycle, so less than a month."

E: "Why are you wasting your time then? Cycling is not necessary. Your fish won't die. Sorry young lady, but you're seriously wasting your time if you don't know how to handle this hobby. And cories sell out fast. Sorry."

M: "Well I believe it helps."

E: "Then don't be in the hobby, you're wasting you and the fishes time."

Then guess what? He left. Literally turned around and went venturing off. I cannot believe it. I seriously wanted to smack him with the bag of dog food that was in my cart. Sadly It's the closest one to where I live, because I live farther from town. Still planning on buying the cories though, just when he's not there.

Oh, if you live in Oahu, this certain pet store is in Kapolei, right next to Ross. *sigh*

I would of went off on his but, and tell him exactly how a fish tank works and that I understand FW fine considering I've been in the hobby for a while.

I am quite new to the hobby, too bad I wouldn't be able to say that haha.

Lol, say google told me to cycle to him and just be random. He'll be confused and walk away.
"Your wasting your time cycling."
"Your wasting you time and precious oxygen by telling me that."

Lol, say google told me to cycle to him and just be random. He'll be confused and walk away.
"Your wasting your time cycling."
"Your wasting you time and precious oxygen by telling me that."

He'd probably be like "fish don't need oxygen, they breathe water and water only!" Hahaha

I have a bad temper. I would have said "well figure this cycle out" and knocked him on his rear!!! And then I would have bought some dog food brought it back 10 mins later so he could return it and bought another and do the same 4 or 5 times more!

I am definitely a rude person!

I have a bad temper. I would have said "well figure this cycle out" and knocked him on his rear!!! And then I would have bought some dog food brought it back 10 mins later so he could return it and bought another and do the same 4 or 5 times more!

X2......

Hahaha, that's something only my brother would do! He loves saltwater tanks, he has his own place and it's like walking into a saltwater fish shop! He does fw also, but only with huge fish like oscars.
There was a time when he saw that all the saltwater fishes in a fish store tank had ich, he literally burst into madness at the employees..needless to say, I just stood there awkwardly..lol

Back
Top Bottom