You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the temperature drops and your first thought is to put a blanket over the fish tank to make sure they stay warm........and its the blanket keeping you warm! Bed it is then lol :D

When your power goes out while the wife's at work and when she gets home the first question she asks is "Why is my blanket over the tank?!"

rasbora said:
When you are thinking who made most post in January, Carey or Mumma.of.two

I know what you mean but both have been wicked helpful! Haha

When you ask your boss if you can take FHL (family health leave) for when your guppies and platy give birth. Lol it was a big fast fat no. Maybe I could call in sick?

When u get up out of bed at 1am to rearrange fake plants in different tanks., turning on as few lights as possible not to wake up my husband ,hoping my tank will now cycle quicker

When you buy a new 5 gallon tank every time you go to Walmart. (You're not buying the tank at Walmart, you're saving another Betta.)

When you have a dream that a friend bought a small tank, but the place they got it from gave them a huge fish to go with it that barely fits in it so you try to help them by taking it and putting it in your tank instead. Lol that was my dream last night. That fish barely fit in the tank! Poor fishie.

When you see a pleco on Craigslist that's 10" for rehoming and it's in a 40g tank and they say it would be good in a 75 and you are tempted to email to tell em that's horrible!

When you don't really mind that you had to miss your film club last night because you were able to revamp a tank! I got all the salt out of my puffers' old 20 gallon brackish tank, cleaned it up, added a bunch of fake plants, and moved my freshwater fish in! Hooray for changing at least 50 gallons of water for a 20 gallon tank, haha. Only took me about 45 minutes with a 2 gallon bucket, but at least it wasn't as long of a process as replacing the substrate did last year...

maestromad said:
When the temperature drops and your first thought is to put a blanket over the fish tank to make sure they stay warm........and its the blanket keeping you warm! Bed it is then lol :D

Wrap aluminum foil around it first

When you visit a coworker's place and have to fight the urge to scream when you see she has FIVE common goldfish, all over 6 inches, in a ten gallon tank. And a common Pleco in another 5 gallon with a rosy barb... I'm going to have to talk to her about this...

Alyxx said:
When you visit a coworker's place and have to fight the urge to scream when you see she has FIVE common goldfish, all over 6 inches, in a ten gallon tank. And a common Pleco in another 5 gallon with a rosy barb... I'm going to have to talk to her about this...

Wow, just... wow.

The Pleco is a good 8 inches, too... And she's treating that tank for something. I refrained from saying anything tonight because she not only brought me home but brought me to her place first to check out the neighborhood, there's a few places for rent over there and I'm looking to move. But I've gotta say something... Those goldfish were bumping into each other every time they moved. Although her plants are loving the water from their water changes...

When you're excited the weekend is here because that means a trip into the city to "cruise" the lfs's! Yes I know (my kids tell me) I have no life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom