You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm one of those people that want to help people with picking fish at the LFS more than the employees lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hahaha I do this too!

You might be an aquarium nerd if the employees hand the customer over to you for "tech support"

When you hang out in your Lfs and hear someone ask a question and you like come out of the dark shadows and answer it then you slowly return

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You might be an aquarium nerd if.... you get bored on a Friday night so you do a 10 gallon pwc and gravel vac when wc day is Sunday

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be an aquarium nerd if your grandpa comes into your room and sees all of your tanks and just stands in the door way not speaking as you try to explain the aquascaping, plants, and fish... XD

You might bean aquarium nerd if.... you get bored on a Friday night so you do a 10 gallon pwc and gravel vac when wc day is Sunday

That actually sounds like a really nice way to spend a Friday night. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That actually sounds like a really nice way to spend a Friday night. :)

It was very relaxing and nice to know I didn't have to do it Sunday.
Whenever I get a few spare minutes I look at the tank and wonder how I can improve it, ie just moved lemon bacopa and some ludwigia repens stems around. Will be much better when bacopa regrows from trim

When you go to pa for a giant pet store

When you take a day off work to mess with your aquarium

When you take a day off work to mess with your aquarium

I'll admit I've done this a few times especially for just doing all my water changes in one day.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

When you see someone at the LFS ordering neon, day-glo coloured decorations, and you tip her off on how they can be stressful to the fish and that more natural tones will lead to longer life and brighter color in the fish. After your ramble, the lady turns to you and says: 'hermit crabs'. You walk away in embarrasment, as you wonder if the wife or mom will let you get a new 29 gallon. You reach out your phone, and search "land hermit crab care". My work here is done.

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

You're an aquarium nerd if you back away slowly from your tank after feeding as not to scare your fish. Then to realize your family members are giving you weird looks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude, yall are way nerdier about fish than me. I just want some pimp fish and keep them alive.
I do make people look at my tank when they haven't seen it or I add a plant or something.
What's lfs?

Yep, we ARE aquarium nerds because we do have some pimp fish and we also don't just keep them alive we keep them happy also.;)

You're an aquarium nerd if you back away slowly from your tank after feeding as not to scare your fish. Then to realize your family members are giving you weird looks.

That's definitely me!

Back
Top Bottom