You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can rescape your multiple planted tanks my switching stuff around and not actually buying new plants

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When you have a section in your freezer for fish food!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

When your the only 13 year old in your state with a rcs tank along with a planted tank and piranha tank and you tell your friends about your fish and they just kinda look at you and slowly nod

Man I remember when I was that 13 year old, just replace pirahnas with 6 inch clown loaches and an 8" geophagus...

How about, when you've converted your significant other so that you BOTH want more tanks as wedding gifts!

When you know more about aquarium-related aspects of marine science than most of the other undergrads in the marine science major

When every time you go to explain something to someone you use an aquarium metaphor...

When you are trying to determine your PAR rating at 6:30am cuz it bothers you not to know so you lay there awake trying to figure it out

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

When doing your weekly water change is the most exciting part of your week

When doing your weekly water change is the most exciting part of your week

I can honestly say that's not the case for me... I don't dread it but I wouldn't say I enjoy it yet lol. Feeding time and playing around with the planted tank is my favorite.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I can honestly say that's not the case for me... I don't dread it but I wouldn't say I enjoy it yet lol. Feeding time and playing around with the planted tank is my favorite.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Agreed. Not what I look forward to each week, but necessary of course!

I enjoy doing wAterchanges I find it to be relaxing. I also only have 2 to take care of unlike some people on here with 50 + tanks

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I usually do most of my messing around and feeding before and after I do a water change so for me it kind of covers all of that. It's really the only time I do anything with my aquarium unless I'm adding new corals

You're an aquarium nerd if you back away slowly from your tank after feeding as not to scare your fish. Then to realize your family members are giving you weird looks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We do that too, also, we are careful to not scare them. Our fish seem to scare easy lol especially the pygmy catfish. They sure can dart fast when they get scared. Unfortunately sometimes we bump the stand they're on ever so slightly, and they zoom around like crazy :(

I don't dread it, but it is not my favorite part. Plus now we have 4 tanks.... we just wanted one originally.... oh how does that happen.... :p

It's called multiple tank syndrome (MTS). I hear it calling me because I have an empty 10g and 20g and no space for it. My 55g isn't enough .

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

well we have
10G--betta
29 empty
29 cycling
55---oscar
150---setting up to be oscars tank

plan on a 30 tall
a bowfront45
40 long and a 80 long
and a 5 gallon shrimp

well you are a fish nerd when evrey time you go to the big town they pull into petsmart \petco\half acer ...with out you asking

Back
Top Bottom