15 gallon first time planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So despite what I've told that my co2 wouldn't help my plants much since I've installed of ive alot of grow and the plants that weren't doing so hot now have lush green leaves. I'm extremely satisfied for a $6 co2 system

That's good... You are never going to hurt a planted tank by injecting CO2. I am glad it is working out!

fort384 said:
That's good... You are never going to hurt a planted tank by injecting CO2. I am glad it is working out!

Thanks I also did a lil rearranging today ill try and get some pics up after work

Got my mopani wood soaking and went ahead took my other piece of driftwood out bc ive always had bad algae problems with it

So I did a lot of rescaping today got my new wood in and got 4 guppies and a otto

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110208_153226.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110208_153226.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 105
So all my plants are pearling quite nicely and as I was admiring it I seen something tiny swimmin around? Guppy fry so I saved the two I found just bc I felt I had too lol but I'm not wanting a Guppy farm so I stopped searching for them (knowing if I seen anymore I would feel the need to save them) guess we will see how it turns out may have a few more to add to my stocking list

As far as guppies are concerned, its like Jurrassic Park. Life finds a way. Even if you don't go out of your way to save the fry, there will always be some scrappers who manage well enough without interference.

HeathB said:
As far as guppies are concerned, its like Jurrassic Park. Life finds a way. Even if you don't go out of your way to save the fry, there will always be some scrappers who manage well enough without interference.

Yea I figured especially with all the cover they have

So my java moss is ordered and should be here by Monday and also ordered a java fern hoping to get that around Wednesday next week

Ok so I'm slowly realizing that guppies aren't for me working on finding a home for them. Which will leave me with 4 neon tetras, 1 oto, 1 ghost shrimp, and a zebra snail. My question is could I keep a dwarf chiclid like a German ram or a cockatoo with my tetras. If so should I get a pair or just one and get more tetras. If not I'm thinking of just going with a second school of larger tetras like serpa tetras or something.

Back
Top Bottom