15 gallon first time planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How come it looks so dark? Is the light only penetrating the middle?
edit. never mind, I realized it was a camera phone. :)

I like the guppies. You can add some floating plants and then they will have a better chance of surviving.

ChizerBunoi said:
How come it looks so dark? Is the light only penetrating the middle?

No just my phones camera sometimes it stinks bc it auto adjust everything but no I have good coverage of light 4 14watt t5s

Here's some better ones I also moved the rear two t5s back a lil to help light the back a lil more I also have a black background which makes it look darker then it is

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110219_110048.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110219_110048.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 82
Any thoughts on where I should put my java fern when it comes in I also have a sandwich bag of java moss coming it should be here Thursday. I was thinking of doing the moss carpet idea I've seen around here in kind of the middle section that's pretty empty looking

Picked up some more cabomba plants today to fill in some more space and also got another zebra snail

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 70
Good luck with that cabomba. People told me it was pretty easy, but for the life of me I couldn't keep it alive.

HeathB said:
Good luck with that cabomba. People told me it was pretty easy, but for the life of me I couldn't keep it alive.

Some tips if u ever try is to separate it after u get it don't plant the bunch it seems to make it die bc the bottoms don't get any light also the roots they send down from the top don't take off they are a little less attractive but mine won't root the ones from the top will eventually grow down and root also I think they need medium to high light bc when I upgraded my light they grew like crazy

Yeah, I did seperate them. And back then that tank had 2 t5ho bulbs, diyco2, and ferts. Every other plant went nutso, but cabomba seems to hold some kind of grudge against me.

Its all good though. Every summer I have a free and abundant source of L. Repens growing in the creek by my grandma's house!

HeathB said:
Yeah, I did seperate them. And back then that tank had 2 t5ho bulbs, diyco2, and ferts. Every other plant went nutso, but cabomba seems to hold some kind of grudge against me.

Its all good though. Every summer I have a free and abundant source of L. Repens growing in the creek by my grandma's house!

Hmm weird the only thing I've been doing different is I have 4 t5 when I had two they didnt Do the best

I'd say my plants are happy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110220_014127.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110220_014127.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20110220_014152.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110220_014152.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 76
So to show how much this tank has changed the first pic was takin on 1-28-11 and the second is current

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110220_121330.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110220_121330.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20110220_121417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110220_121417.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 75
Crepe said:
Look beautiful. I suck with stem plants. That's why I love iwagumi XD.

Yeah its all I can find around here otherwise I would go for more of a iwagumi style but I'm happy with what I've had to work with lol I've saved a lot of plants from my lfs horrid "plant" tank that has huge gravel and a single fluorescent bulb lol

Sry its been awhile since I posted I've been busy on the salty side with my new nano reef but I haven't forgotten or neglected this tank everyone is doing great plants look good and are growing outta the water probably should trim tonight and I got my java moss in that I got of toddandbecka on here and attached it to both peices of wood and tried a experimental carpet we will see how it turns out

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110226_004046.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110226_004046.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20110226_004108.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110226_004108.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom