2 much lighting??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USMCfishcrzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I have 2 10k bulbs and 2 acintic. All are 96w. On my 125. If I make it 4 10k bulbs will it be to much lighting. I'm sure it will be a deff time to get my co2 system. Anything else though?

do you plan on keeping plants? If you are, actinic will not do any good with plants.

when you say 96w overall, did that include the actinic?

While 96w of PC are not equal to 96w of T5HO with decent refelctors, I would agree that 4x would be too much. I'm running 8x24w T5HO on my 125 and I can grow any plant I want to. Any more than that would be unecessary, but do-able with the very dilligent monitoring and maintenance.

okay....if you will change the other 2 bulbs with 2 more 96w that will give you 384w overall...it will put you in the medium high-high lighting....you can put more variety of plants in there with it, but then you will be looking for a CO2 dosing...

Right now I already use the co2 dosing everyday 10ml. Andji actually noticed a bit of difference. Also using Kent pro-plant and Kent iron. Now most of my plants are growing great but it seems my Amazons are slower compared to the others

the amazons does not get any nutrients from liquid ferts because they are getting their nutrients from the roots. So you need to add root tabs in your fert dosing.

oh okay....hmmm...I do remember reading about amazons..that they can get 2-3 shoots per month so I guess that is considered slow growing plant.

hmmm...they should have bounced back by now already. Have you tried the Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and the Seachem Excel with the Leaf Zone combination for the liquid ferts with the Seachem Root Tabs? Maybe you can try that next time and see if it will boost your plants...they are mostly recommended here in AA.

Back
Top Bottom