5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your driftwood looks really good. I like those shapes. :)
Just a note, black actually absorbs light rather than reflecting it. However, I agree that having a background wouldn't really change your light enough to matter. :)

Thanks! :) I might just skip a background, for now at least.

I personally really like a background on a larger tank... it is almost a must. But I do not ever put a background on small rimless tanks. I think they look "cleaner" without them as a small tank. All personal preference though :)

I personally really like a background on a larger tank... it is almost a must. But I do not ever put a background on small rimless tanks. I think they look "cleaner" without them as a small tank. All personal preference though :)
I agree... a background kind of ruins the rimless look.

I actually don't do backgrounds an any of my tanks. I like to be able to look through the back glass sometimes, so I just skipped the backgrounds and I still think all my tanks look good. Who knows, maybe everybody else sees my tanks and thinks they look aweful, but its all about the look that works for you. :)

I am considering ditching my AC20 for some kind of internal filter that is more concealable... I want to bring out the rimless look more

I have heard that the filters were pretty crumby. Good thing you already replaced it. I think I see a heater in there too?

Just a suggestion. I like backgrounds on all tanks, even small ones. I'd rather see a solid background than wires and filters hanging down the back of the tank. Just a personal preference. Done carefully, I don't think it ruins the rimless look at all. Again, JMO.

Just a suggestion. I like backgrounds on all tanks, even small ones. I'd rather see a solid background than wires and filters hanging down the back of the tank. Just a personal preference. Done carefully, I don't think it ruins the rimless look at all. Again, JMO.

I think it would help make the fish and plants more visible, and make it look a little nicer, but I don't like how the one side of he tank is opaque when the rest is completely transparent.

severum mama said:

I suppose that's understandable. I hate visually distracting equipment. I suppose if I had a heater and filter on the back I would want a background.

Did you get a drop checker with 4dkh reference solution for the co2? It's really really easy to gas your fish/shrimp in a small setup like that.

Fort384 is being super nice and is sending one to me... I need to get some solution though. I'll get it soon

I got the co2 kit set up... It's quite simple. I am uploading the un-boxing video now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom