5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adadkins1 said:
Yes, it is a carpeting plant. It needs high light, abundant nutrients, and CO2 injection and stays fairly short, spreading outwards. Thus it creates a "carpet" on the aquarium floor. HC stands for the scientific name: Hemianthus callitrichoides

Ok thanks! I think this plant needs more of a common name?

My RCS seem to have lost their color and molted a lot-could this be because of the co2?

I moved the RCS to my 20 long so that they could be happy and still breed. I think I dosed too much co2... but they will be better now. I don't have co2 on my 20. It's only temporary, until I get my better light and drop checker (courtesy of fort384) :). Then I'll be able to know how much to dose. But for now, I want my RCS to breed. One has eggs and is hopefully about to give birth. I also wanted to keep being able to run co2 on the 5g so the plants grow as fast as possible.

Got my new light set up. I think my heater is broken...I will have to get a new one. The java moss really likes the co2!

You have the tetra one that doesn't go very high, right? I think most any small heater of a better brand would probably be ok. I am currently looking for a new heater for my 10g tank, so I will let you know if I see anything awesome for a 5g in my hunt. :)

i tried the mini hydor one in my 5G before. it worked okay but it really depends upon what you like and what you can afford. that heater was cheap enough for me so i got it.

absolutangel04 said:
You have the tetra one that doesn't go very high, right? I think most any small heater of a better brand would probably be ok. I am currently looking for a new heater for my 10g tank, so I will let you know if I see anything awesome for a 5g in my hunt. :)

Yeah I have the tetra one... I found a bunch of new options

daileene said:
i tried the mini hydor one in my 5G before. it worked okay but it really depends upon what you like and what you can afford. that heater was cheap enough for me so i got it.

Thanks. I want one that is safe, reliable, and that works. Lol

When the new light is on, the tank is stable at 79.5 degrees. I don't know if I really need a heater for night time...

I have an awesome surprise for you guys when my DW is done soaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom