55g fell into my lap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh ya, there is that pearl just hamming it up too. Looks splendid.

OMG he is such a pig ! But so gentle with the little fish. The LFS was worried he'd eat my new Rummynose because they are skinny juveniles. But nope. Just wanted his Omega One Flakes.

My Denison's Barbs are being good too. They just want their Pellets.

Almost every RN ate tonight. One super skinny one may not make it, but I kept him to give him a chance.
I advise QT tanks. I don't always take my own advice.

Last edited:
I have a CO2Art regulator. The first one was faulty but they rectified it quickly. Pretty good regs although I think I got the cheaper one. What will you be connecting it to? I'm using a fire extinguisher.

I have a CO2Art regulator. The first one was faulty but they rectified it quickly. Pretty good regs although I think I got the cheaper one. What will you be connecting it to? I'm using a fire extinguisher.

I'll probably pick up a CO2 cylinder. I'll check with club first. Otherwise I'll check welding supplies or Amazon. I've been looking at them for awhile. But tonight was impulse buying [emoji898][emoji898]

Whoo-hooo - another convert to the dark side of CO2 :) I don't think I'd ever go away from CO2 unless I swapped to cichlids or something.

Agreed the benefits of pressurised co2 really is amazing. I would never set up another planted tank without it now. Makes life so much easier.

Life is better with co2 [emoji16][emoji106]

My new CO2Art Advanced Pro Regulator came today. It's a new release, not on their website yet. I've been recommended to a shop that sells 20# CO2 Canisters for a good price AND has cheap refills/swap price. That will last me a year AFAIK.

IMG_4047.jpg

Ooh shiney! I'm considering a co art reg aswell for the new tank. Just trying to sort funds out. Looks good quality!

Ooh shiney! I'm considering a co art reg aswell for the new tank. Just trying to sort funds out. Looks good quality!

I hope to get my CO2 Canister tomorrow. Prob getting a 20# as I have a cheap source for refill. Should last me a year.

I like the GLA as well. Thought about doing a build with my clubmembers help also. I was just so intimidated, I thought Id grab this and try it. If it's not good, I'll be building one.

Alan Le makes sexy custom builds, but too $$$ for my budget.

This is their newest and highest grade regulator.
I'm excited to try it out.

I'd be super interested if you find a way to disguise :) Visitors notice the bottle straight away.

My Canister is in between my 55g and a tall bookcase. The dark green sarong helps it blend with the black stand I think (?).

And you can't see it, but there are a few white fish shapes on the sarong as well. [emoji6]
IMG_4068.jpg

That pressurized CO2 is going to raise your options exponentially. The tank is looking nice. Any thoughts on future plant additions?

I want L aromatica again
Maybe Ludwigia Red
I want to try some Buce in the shaded areas.

Lots more Crypts. Don't care about carpets and my C sterbai would prob root it out anyway.

I want L aromatica again
Maybe Ludwigia Red
I want to try some Buce in the shaded areas.

Lots more Crypts. Don't care about carpets and my C sterbai would prob root it out anyway.

When I had Ludwigia sp. red, it got redder than my Rotala macrandra. It was easy to grow too. For me, Limno aromatica did better when it was by the filter output with more flow, which makes sense. Look into Crypt wendtii "Green Gecko". It's a nice little Crypt.

When I had Ludwigia sp. red, it got redder than my Rotala macrandra. It was easy to grow too. For me, Limno aromatica did better when it was by the filter output with more flow, which makes sense. Look into Crypt wendtii "Green Gecko". It's a nice little Crypt.

Thanks for the input. I had L aromatica but if I skipped ferts or water changes I lost it. I may have Ludwigia Red in my tank now. I have 1 tall stem that I'm ready to top and replant. It's my only surviving stem. [emoji12]

IMG_3887.jpg it's now at the surface.

Oh I have some Crypts in already and more waiting in my 5.5g.

C wendtii are very hardy. I love them.

My old fav was my C wendtii Mi Oya
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a rotala to me. Macrandra. Increasing light intensity makes it turn pink. The leaves are supposed to be flat and straight which indicates a deficiency or induced deficiency in this specimen. I had the same problem with this plant. They are very sensitive to fert ratios.

Back
Top Bottom