55g fell into my lap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He really is in a league of his own. That tank is just amazing. Look how clean and healthy everything is. And yet people still doubt him about what he says.

To be a fish in there. You are lucky Coursair. I'd love to see a tank like that in the flesh.

He has really honed his skills and his contribution to the hobby gets less acclaim than it deserves in my mind.

I had bought a new AquaClear HOB to help with flow. It stopped working after 3 days. I pulled it apart and the impeller had something tiny messing up the spin. All good now.

The Pearl Gourami was not pleased as the side where the HOB sits was his quiet spot. But he ate like a pig tonight, so he's ok.
IMG_1479876040.346122.jpgIMG_1479876063.280680.jpg

I had bought a new AquaClear HOB to help with flow. It stopped working after 3 days. I pulled it apart and the impeller had something tiny messing up the spin. All good now.

The Pearl Gourami was not pleased as the side where the HOB sits was his quiet spot. But he ate like a pig tonight, so he's ok.
View attachment 291252View attachment 291253

Nice find with the Aquaclear. That pearl looks ace with a capital A.

So necessity is the mother of invention.
I have a Deep Blue water changer. BUT my house has hardwood floors and my sink has very shallow threads. Scared the adapter will blast off the sink when I'm across the room.

I have to do water changes by myself. Every time I ask Roomie for help, he disappears or complains it's taking too long.

I bought a cheap submersible pump off Amazon. Great for safely getting water out. Wasn't strong enough to move water back into the tank from my bathroom. I was using a bucket in my bathtub for the pump to sit in.

Today I put the pump into a spaghetti pot in my sink...so the water doesn't have to fight gravity so much.

Pump worked fine ! The only issue was water pressure at sink wasn't keeping up with the pump. Faucet too low to use a bucket...spaghetti pot it is.

I just had to unplug pump when water got too low. Took about 20-30min to refill 25-30g today. Well worth it. No major water on the floor and my back is happy !!!!
IMG_3473.jpg

Once the tank settles I'll try for pics. Still fighting GSA on front glass.

I cleaned off my glass lid pieces...nasty sheets of dark green algae. Tank lights should look brighter.

I'm sure it's time to swap out my light bulbs. T5HO. I've had these running for a year. Opinions ? I have extra bulbs. My club member gave me 6 extra new bulbs with my light fixture.

I cleaned off my glass lid pieces...nasty sheets of dark green algae. Tank lights should look brighter.

I'm sure it's time to swap out my light bulbs. T5HO. I've had these running for a year. Opinions ? I have extra bulbs. My club member gave me 6 extra new bulbs with my light fixture.

I use the same water change system for my tank ;) 50l tub in the bath with a 1200lph pump and a garden hose ;) I also drain it the same way. Works a treat! I have to change over 400l per week with my tanks... To think I used to do it with buckets.... Madness.

I'd stay with the t5's. Your right tho they would be burnt out pretty bad after a year of use. Put some new ones in ;)

I battled GSA for ages. It's faded now since I changed my substrate to soil. However in my old 30g I managed to get rid of it by 2-3x dosing my phosphate. I didn't notice any bad effects by doing this.

Looks awesome.....im like you love big schools. It changes all the dynamics of a species. So many more become interesting.

I just bought 10 Rummynose to try in this tank. If they don't thrive I will move them to a 10g and lower the Ph. These are juvenile RN. Hoping they fill out and thrive for me.

I also added 2 more juvenile Cory sterbai. They are thrilled to swim with my larger female C sterbai. So cute !!

Will add pics of RN once all are settled.

I believe these are true Rummynose. The red covers the gills and no midline stripe and vivid tails.

I may add some IAL for added tannins. Don't want to play with ph much but could add some RO during next water change.

I'm trying to pull the trigger on injected CO2 for this tank. I have one picked out at CO2Arts page.

Back
Top Bottom