75 gallon high tech light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which LED would you choose? Custom BML(if so what wavelengths?), standard BML, current sat plus pro, or something else? Trying to get an idea of price so I can decide if I want to go salty or high tech. Dimensions are 48 long, 18 wide, and 21 deep.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

High tech high light planted tanks are usually the equivalent in price of a low tech low end reef tank equipment wise.

That being said, i would personally go with a finnex light. Most likely the plantedbplus 24/7

The 24/7 was something I thought about using. Want to check out the PAR for 21 inches though.
Edit: I read on tpt that the original planted+ has a better red spectrum than the 24/7 plus it will take 1-3 months for the 24/7 to ship and I don't have that much time to let things sit. Deciding between a BML dutch light and a custom BML with the following wavelengths

Not going to do a reef right outa the gates. If I go salt I want to dip my toes in the water(no pun intended) with the less expensive fowlr side.

Also wondering what substrate to use. First thought was dirt and a sand cap, but then using ada amazonia crossed my mind.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom