BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone recommend another medium to sell aquarium related stuff? Craigslist? Not Fleebay

Tank, plants and equipment! I posted an ad in the classifieds on here an TPT. The tank can't be shipped, so I need someone local.

I think you would get more responses if your willing to part out the tank. Just my .02 cents on things though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd say Craigslist is a good bet, might want to ask a LFS if you can put an ad up there. Any clubs nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No clubs that i know of... At a minimum Id like to get the plants, rocks, and possibly substrate sold.

Can anyone recommend a good GH/KH test kit that is easier to distinguish the colors, I can't tell between the yellow and green on the API GH kit....

Alright sooo here we go...

As for the big tank everything in there is okay, finally able to get the bylxa thinned out and pogo is getting hacked tomorrow. R. Macandra growth is better. I believe this is due to keeping the KH lower, read many threads saying this plant likes low KH.

Now for the experimental tank. Ever since turning the CO2 down and dirting it I just cannot get the macandra or anything to look good. The pogo is even struggling.... Not really sure what is going on in this tank. I thought my issues may be related to a magnesium deficiency from using an RO water, I won't get into the science on why I think this though. I started using the city water for this tank since it is so small I can easily keep it running on city water and eliminate any possible GH issue. I switched the micro mix to a standard EI mix which was very close to what I was running. I'm going to give this tank one more week to see if it responds, if not I am going to put the Sat Plus on it and see what happens. Not really sure why I had that great growth for a few weeks and now can't get it back,really actually mimics the life cycle of the 26. To me it seems like its nutrient related though, the plants just won't color up.

Alright sooo here we go...

As for the big tank everything in there is okay, finally able to get the bylxa thinned out and pogo is getting hacked tomorrow. R. Macandra growth is better. I believe this is due to keeping the KH lower, read many threads saying this plant likes low KH.

Now for the experimental tank. Ever since turning the CO2 down and dirting it I just cannot get the macandra or anything to look good. The pogo is even struggling.... Not really sure what is going on in this tank. I thought my issues may be related to a magnesium deficiency from using an RO water, I won't get into the science on why I think this though. I started using the city water for this tank since it is so small I can easily keep it running on city water and eliminate any possible GH issue. I switched the micro mix to a standard EI mix which was very close to what I was running. I'm going to give this tank one more week to see if it responds, if not I am going to put the Sat Plus on it and see what happens. Not really sure why I had that great growth for a few weeks and now can't get it back,really actually mimics the life cycle of the 26. To me it seems like its nutrient related though, the plants just won't color up.

Why on earth did you turn the co2 down? You realise this is one of the key elements to plant growth

That was the point. Since the plants were growing fine, I wanted to create a CO2 deficiency to see the plants response and compare it to what I have seen in the 26 gal. The only issue has been since cranking up the CO2 the bad growth has just continued.

This still looks like a nutrient problem to me... particularly Mg
img_3298057_0_74ae60ac6caca5d1d7c1f5f6f3023dfa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3298057_1_92cba2a0b8ae75b986626a70867f94c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Alright guys, it was a good run... Well kinda... The first few months at least. This tank is officially torn down. A temporary grow out tank is in place to house the fish/plants that I wanted to save. Thanks for following along!

I remember when I thought this was a build someone started for their boyfriend... (Bf)

[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom