BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does the water not travel up the CO2 tubing? Also the piece i got is designed to work with plumbing equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it works out I'll be swapping mine before the red rot poisons my tank;) im sure water creeps into the tubing a bit??in a truly sealed system I'd think there's enough residual gas/pressure in the lines at all times hinder major backup.. i have the.tubing looped above the cannister and reactor as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah theres one built into my bubble counter

I'm thinking about a reactor too, how much did you spend on materials.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Around $25, it was really pretty easy. We will see how it works!

Probably not till the end of march, i will be out of town most of march for work.

Did you put anything inside? Bio balls?

Nope from what ive read its not needed and just cuts down on the flow.

I understand that they break down the bubbles (not so small that current takes them away) and increase the surface area for increased absorption. Reduction in flow leads to increased contact time. But it may lead to rattling.
A clear tube of PVC would be cool just to see what's going on. Or clear PVC fittings. But that is a pricey feature.

I understand that they break down the bubbles (not so small that current takes them away) and increase the surface area for increased absorption. Reduction in flow leads to increased contact time. But it may lead to rattling.
A clear tube of PVC would be cool just to see what's going on. Or clear PVC fittings. But that is a pricey feature.

Yah, that was my reasoning anyways, they do rattle sometimes.. but no bubbles in the output..

Ill do some more research on that! Plenty of time to debate.... Im going to submerge it in the pool and check for a possible CO2 leak today

Bad news there was a very slight leak, a leak nonetheless i am going to search for a more appropriate part

Bummer B.. at least your pool is open!!!

From searching around it looks like plenty of people use brass without an issue so I will most likely just opt for that...

Also since I opted for 1.5 inch diameter pipe I might throw some bio balls in there to slow the flow and help break up the bubbles I am reading some people who went with the smaller diameter had some issues with smaller bubbles working there way out.

Also since I opted for 1.5 inch diameter pipe I might throw some bio balls in there to slow the flow and help break up the bubbles I am reading some people who went with the smaller diameter had some issues with smaller bubbles working there way out.

Hehe... want me to clone mine and send it your way?! I used the blue med. Duty thread lock on the fitting as well. The seal can be broken with elbow grease.

Haha! I wonder how similar it is... I dont think ive ever seen yours. Did you use the 1.5 diameter pipe? How many bio balls did you put in it?

As promised....
img_3173236_0_1031f474f05fbad805f9e3c8b904aa12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3173236_1_29f00abf517dad3c6ce0fb0d5f84c275.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom