BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol those **** gbrs.... Even after the peas they still munch away

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol those **** gbrs.... Even after the peas they still munch away

If it was a platy I'd be pissed.. anything for the rams.. eat my wallet and I'd still be smiling at the pretty colors. Where'd your fish go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are taking a vacation in a nice white bucket with a heater and a few plants to make it feel like home.

They are taking a vacation in a nice white bucket with a heater and a few plants to make it feel like home.

Water flow? Airstone?

Im going to throw it in tonight before i go to bed, im using it to aerate the RO water

Does anyone elses eco complete have a brownish hint to it or was that just me?

And... If anyone really does have extra s.repens shoot me a pm!

Does anyone elses eco complete have a brownish hint to it or was that just me?

And... If anyone really does have extra s.repens shoot me a pm!

The black version is mostly black with grains of tan, brown, gray and red. When I turn over the substrate (while replanting) have noticed that the substrate from below is darker. I think what you are seeing is a combination of biofilm, algae, and detritus.

bcarl_10gal;3170430 And... If anyone really does have extra s.repens shoot me a pm![/QUOTE said:
When it becomes less sub-arctic here I can raid the shrimp tank and send you some. Star repens is growing very slowly in there despite low light, no CO2, no water column ferts (osmocote tabs are under the crypts and no where near the stars). No melt, no algae.

I salvaged maybe 5 stems... Everything is back in the tank, i will post a picture in a few days with the plants straighten back up.

Also the bylxa grows fast and unnoticeable, i had at least 10 stems already!

Heres a little teaser pic of whats to come.... FTS coming tomorrow.
img_3172770_0_30e0abb7260dabbade41ff829e54a2fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yup nothing is glued yet, only concern i have is the CO2 intake

You slide the tubing up into the hole and it locks it in, im worried it may leak. Also the check valve and CO2 pressure prevents water from traveling up the CO2 hosing correct?

Are you having the flow come from top to bottom? I opted for a brass compression fitting, no worries there. Youre using a part designed for a refrigerator water system. Not sure it's rated for gas/pressure. Not to late to swap it.. i don't like what if's in a perfectly controllable situation..

Yes, the water enters through the top and leaves through the elbow. I stayed away from brass due to it breaking down over time.

Wise choice H2CO3 is not soft metal friendly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It was certainly discussed when I brought it to the boards before building mine.. guess I'll guinea pig another one for ya AA..
Weighed the pros and cons.. big con, reactor fails and cannister drains 20.gal onto my floor..

How does the water not travel up the CO2 tubing? Also the piece i got is designed to work with plumbing equipment.

Back
Top Bottom