Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^ In that case, I'll take some powder type too! haha... we can have a barter system going on here... I'll trade for some flame moss (i have plenty).. and Bill can give you some of his window etch background! LOL

I did a little better job of repairing the light today.

image-2736643536.jpg

Here is the wire that had been cut. I decided to use red shrink wrap tube to make the repair.

image-840971294.jpg

I slipped the shrink tube over the long end of the wire, twisted the wires together, and carefully slipped the tube over the bare connection.

image-3516475102.jpg

Heated the tube with my wife's blowdryer and arranged the wires back to their original location.

image-2690458899.jpg

Replaced the splash guard and end cap, wa la! Good as new! :)

image-1867521452.jpg

And here's my view from the couch after a job well done!

Good job on the light! I would have been to lazy to try to fix it and demand amazon send me a new one like Brian said lol. So, you really want some of my powder AquaSoil? I have a little less than half the bag left...

Good job on the light! I would have been to lazy to try to fix it and demand amazon send me a new one like Brian said lol. So, you really want some of my powder AquaSoil? I have a little less than half the bag left...

I was gonna wait to see how big the granules are on the normal type when it comes. If I don't like the way it looks, I might hit you up for it. Did you want the window film?

I was gonna wait to see how big the granules are on the normal type when it comes. If I don't like the way it looks, I might hit you up for it. Did you want the window film?

Well I don't have that much of it left, probably not enough to get the whole 12L covered at 1-2in. deep....

Oh, okay. Maybe I can order a 3L bag of powder, and along with yours I'd have enough. It's all up to you man, I don't wanna force you do get rid of the stuff...

Well yeah I mean if I have no more use for it, and I don't think I will, I would love to send the rest to you...I'm not planning to have any more tanks right now so it will just sit in the bag until who knows when!

Well yeah I mean if I have no more use for it, and I don't think I will, I would love to send the rest to you...I'm not planning to have any more tanks right now so it will just sit in the bag until who knows when!

Ok, I'll pm you for info when I'm ready to send out your window film. Probably Monday.

Well since I accidentally posted this on dans thread, here it is again just for the record... Haha

Not much to do since I'm waiting for things to arrive. So I went out and got a new surge protector, and wired everything super neat. I'm extremely anal about stuff like this, as you can probably tell.

Attachments

• image-512420603.jpg
    image-512420603.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image-101760596.jpg
    image-101760596.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom