Brian's 3g Long Rimless - MTS struck again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey brian, i may be wrong on this.. at my lfs yesterdsy, peacock goby(gudgeon). They were way cool!!

Peacock gudgeons do look very interesting. I'll have to give them another look at the LFS. If they're slightly too big, they might make a good candidate for my 17g (60p). I'm still looking for a replacement for my EBR.

Thanks, bro! Are the clown killies swimming only on top most of the time? Or do they start swimming everywhere when they get acclimated? Any special diet?

They spend probably like 90% of the time cruising near the surface and the rest swimming wherever and I've had them for around a year or so. As for diet nothing very special -- mostly Omega One flakes and NLS pellets I ground up with a mortar and pestle (their mouths are pretty small) and the occasional treat like live daphnia or frozen baby brine shrimp/blood worms. Currently I keep them with CPDs in a heavily planted 10g.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Clay for the info. They seem interesting. Last time I saw them at the LFS, they were a little pricey. We'll see.

And, Joey... Thanks for the recommendation. I like the idea of shrimp too. I think I'll eventually make this a shrimp tank. I may start with easy fish first because I'm really considering using CO2 in this tank to get optimal growth. My experience with shrimp, even easy neos, with CO2 didn't work out too well. My 6g has PFR's right now for like 2 months so far. They're breeding like rabbits. I haven't spotted any dead yet. Low tech is definitely ideal, IME, for shrimp.

I may try introducing some PFRs in here with the CO2 to see how they do before trying expensive shrimp... another experiment in the works.

Last edited:
Thanks man.. It's now on the backburner though. Since I've been reworking my other two tanks (60p & 60F)... Disclaimer: MTS is bad for your health! Haha

Thanks man.. It's now on the backburner though. Since I've been reworking my other two tanks (60p & 60F)... Disclaimer: MTS is bad for your health! Haha

.....yep. I believe that. Especially if you have a wife like mine who hates anything to do with aquariums. "Look what I've won, honey"...lol

What do you guys think if I made this tank a multis shell dweller tank? It would just be a few large stones, shells, and 2 female multis and 1 male.

That'd be awesome! Always fun to try something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Something different. I think it would be cool. Low maintenance.

Thanks guys.. would I make it strictly stones, shells, and sand? Or would it be weird if I added some easy plants in there like anubias petite, java fern, or moss?

Thanks guys.. would I make it strictly stones, shells, and sand? Or would it be weird if I added some easy plants in there like anubias petite, java fern, or moss?

That sounds like a nice plan on the shellies, cool little fish.. I'm not sure about plants though.. they require some pretty specific water parameters that may not be all that conducive to growing plants.. i could be wrong though.
Edit- I do have a golf ball of java moss I'd gladly hit your way. FORE!! Also some anubias Nana..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:

I would do Anubias nana petite and call It a day. Haha.

I'd do no plants, just sand, stone and shells. Once you put one plant in there you'll get the itch to put more types in! I think their natural habitat is plant-less too, but either way I'm sure they'll be very happy.

Hey Brian, cool tank.

Personally, I would not put shellies in that small of a tank. They're really small, but breed quickly and like a lot of territory. If it were me, I would feel better putting them in a 10g+. A 5.5g might work, but it would be a tight squeeze.

What if you did a dwarf orange crayfish? Doesn't bother plants, colorful, easy to take care of. Mine was really cool :)

Okay.. I didn't think about the breeding part. I just read that they're pretty prolific breeders. So I guess my 3g might not be sufficient then.

I wish I could do an Orange dwarf Cray. Unfortunately, ALL pet Cray species are banned in AZ. Lame, I know! :mad:

Okay.. I didn't think about the breeding part. I just read that they're pretty prolific breeders. So I guess my 3g might not be sufficient then.

I wish I could do an Orange dwarf Cray. Unfortunately, ALL pet Cray species are banned in AZ. Lame, I know! :mad:

You should talk to Aqua touch. They're your LFS, right? Maybe you can sell the offspring or something. That would be cool and a little bit of a cash gain. Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom