Brown algae???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OlaNowak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone confirm that this is brown (diatoms) algae? If so, what is the best way to get rid of it? Thanks.IMG_20180203_133239.jpgIMG_20180203_133255.jpg

I can't really determine with any certainly what the growth is. Bristlenose Plecos keep algae in check in all my tanks. I'm sure the addition of one in your tank would be a big help.

I can't really determine with any certainly what the growth is. Bristlenose Plecos keep algae in check in all my tanks. I'm sure the addition of one in your tank would be a big help.
I've got two of those plecos but still can not manege the algae or whatever that is. I have it for a while. Used H2O2 couple months ago and it was gone for a while but it is back again ?

Okay. I think I see what you are describing. I believe the growth on the top plant is Staghorn Algae. I used to get it on Java Fern. I couldnt totally get rid of it, but rubbed some of it off with my fingers. Maybe one of our aqua gardeners will have a better removal method.

I agree with stag horn. It is a hard one. Removing infected leaves is typically recommended.

Back
Top Bottom