Did I over do it? Anubias Madness! Last resort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My Fish Babies.

Aquarium Advice Activist
img_1979035_0_a2cae2dab5326353422005e1e62fff53.jpg

Ok this is my first attempt at drift wood and anubias. I am battling very high nitrate readings in my goldfish tank. As you can see my substrate is not very welcoming for plants. I watched several you tube vids as well as read a few posts on how to do this. I used black string cotton to tie each plant on. I believe all are varying sizes of Anubias NaNa. LFS stock.

QUESTIONS?

1. Did I put too many plants on the driftwood?
2. What is the average amount of time it will take for the plants to naturally adhere to the driftwood?
3. Started using flourish. Is there anything else I should be using?

The tank gets indirect sun light all day. I also keep the lights on in the tank about 12 hours a day. The lighting is T8 I believe.

Any help or advice is really and always appreciated.

No plant expert, but it looks good to me! :)

Thanks!

My Goldies have been nipping at the roots! This is the main reason I have never done real plants in their tank before. Believe me they eat plenty of a varied diet and plenty of veggies but still nibble! Thank for the compliment! I just hope they live!

It looks great! I have anubia in my substrate... I just recently learned it wont grow there.. so my next step is to adhere mine to some driftwood. Let me know how long it take to root!

Depends on the anubias, but they can be VERY stubborn to take root... I finally had to use fishing line to tie mine down because by the time the cotton thread rotted away they were back to floating through the tank again (it was Anubias Nana Petite, so pretty small and floaty). Once they take root its near impossible to take them off though!

And no, I don't think you overdid it at all. The more plants the better :D

Back
Top Bottom