Does anything eat bb alage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
add a powerhead to add more movement of the water and/or increase your filtration to add more agitation to the water. what kind of filter do you have by the way?

Did you spot treat the BBA with hydrogen peroxide or liquid carbon? When it begins dying in about 24 hours it just kind of disintegrates over a few days/week. I've never had to remove any of the dead algae.

I do have a power head in the tank the flow is good I guess it time to spot treat and see what happens

The filter is a G3 and another one forget the name will post when I get home I just installed the other filter on Sunday and the water looks a lot clearer

Could my filter be the reason I have bba. The tank has been up for 16 weeks and I've never clean my bio media. Every time I clean the filter and turn it back on it blows out all kinds of crap my guess is that it's coming from my bio media

You never want to clean your bio-media. If you absolutely need to get trapped detris out of it you can very gently swish it around in some tank water in a bucket. But in general a dirty filter can increase nitrates which can contribute to algae. As it being the sole reason for BBA, no it isn't.

Just tring to beat this stuff I increased my co2 lowered my lights time added another filter and started spot treating like you said nitrates 10-20 ammo-0nitrite-0 iron .05 po2-.05

I can say that add dry fert has helped out a lot when I get home after work the tank looks like a glass of 7up plants are growing good it would look great if I could get rid of this stuff

Now that you have good CO2 amounts and dry ferts I think spot treating the BBA you have and getting rid of it will do the trick. Once treated and gone it shouldn't come back now that your tank seems to be balanced out pretty good.

Taking the fight to bba well after months of banging my head I finally got this bba under control and it is in full retreat and is almost all gone I want to thank all of you for your help couldn't of done it without your help

That stuff is a bear to get rid of if it gets a good foothold in a tank. Glad you finally got it under control and on the way out!

Back
Top Bottom