Fake plants with lots of color doesn't do it for me anymore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can wait for the root tab and add them any time you can, but asap, as there really isn't anything in there for it, no fish poop no ingredients for growing.

The root tabs are placed about 3" deep and I for get what the average is but 4-5 inches, it says on the package. I use a different kind, mine is every 4 square inches. so you might want to do 3 tabs if it is a decent size.

Think about the space around the plant where the roots will actually grow out 6 inches diameter easily. Then come in about 1.5 inches like if there was a triangle in the root circle.

Other plants which you might place near the Sword would also benefit from the same root tab if its root zone was nearby.

Yay for people getting live plants.

Low light can still have a great looking tank. Here is a pic of one (water was low for some Mystery snail eggs) This is a 72G tank with one 32W bulb for plants
60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

Thank you. The sand that it's planted in was moved from a previous set up ( my 125 that let loose) so there is a little fish poop in it. I'm planning on moving all my fish over today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413242444.571257.jpg is this any better as far as the rule of thirds go? I read up on it but it's still a little confusing for me. I did take one other large piece of driftwood out and it seems to have opened it up a bit. I think I like it better this way.

View attachment 252814 is this any better as far as the rule of thirds go? I read up on it but it's still a little confusing for me. I did take one other large piece of driftwood out and it seems to have opened it up a bit. I think I like it better this way.

Looks to planned out, random chaos simulates nature, picture a tornado rolling through the tank. Electric blue acara are very cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I may add a few more rocks later on. I think for now it'll stay like this. The DW is definitely staying but I was thinking of adding a few more rocks to create a small wall of caves (maybe one more row). Do you guys have any online store recommendations for plants?? I haven't been to my LFS to see what they have but I would like the option to get them when I want. And big THANK YOU for all the advice!

By all means... it's your tank, whatever makes you happy:) I don't really follow any code with my scapes either. As for the plants, check the classifieds here and other forums, some great deals out there! Peabodys paradise is a good online plant supply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gotta wait till I have a little more spending money but hopefully it'll be an amazing tank! Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom