Flipping my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right - got me inspired - off to check tank and water (as soon as recover from Easter chocolate).
Lol! The Easter bunny might skip this house. But, I know that rabbits hiding spot of goods. Lol! It's 3:30 A.M.here and my little girl is still up. I've sampled a few. I'll regret it when I see the numbers on the scale. But until then, I'll try one more. Hee! Hee!

Did a 50-60% water change today and dosed with iron. I'm loving the swords! They gotta be my favorite. I trimmed anything dead and used a plastic putty knife to scrap the glass. I've left the spots of green alone for about 3wks. Came off really easy. I also added a betta to this tank and she's doing great. She don't take crap from nobody. She's koi and a great addition.

20180403_224025.jpgmy sword, with 4-5 offspring on one lead. The other one is going straight up. Gonna hit the light soon. Love the look of this right now.

20180403_224148.jpgmy Rubin swords got a lot of color and more leaves. I might just re-scape this whole tank. I'll let the plants grow more. But just having more thoughts about it. Specially after setting up my 55g all betta tank yesterday. Loving that set up.

:nono:Hmph no. lol They are growing slow and I can't find really nice ones around here I may have to try mail order. Plus my tanks have brown algae diatoms. Tomorrow is scrub algae day. (y)

:nono:Hmph no. lol They are growing slow and I can't find really nice ones around here I may have to try mail order. Plus my tanks have brown algae diatoms. Tomorrow is scrub algae day. (y)
Dose some iron. Or root tabs. If the older leaves do turn yellow dose with potassium. I've got pretty lucky with most of my plants off eBay. A lot of seller will combine your order and you only pay for shipping at one cost. I lost a couple from one seller. And some from my fish. Lol! Little brats!

Bought a light that will probably be going on this tank instead of my 55g. Aquaneat 24/7 with a remote. Seems like a pretty good light for now with the plants i have. So trying that out when I get it. And I've took some wood out of the tank. Angels need more room. Plants are getting bigger and I've moved a few things around. Cleaned some algae off the glass that was starting. And dosed excel the other day to control the algae and help some of the plants out too. I'm only dosing when things look like it needs a little kick. I'll do excel again today. Been trying a few different things out with some plants. So we'll see what happens. All Swords are doing the best. My purples need more light or something do trying different things with them.

I was gonna dose it again but reseached a little and found that with some plants not doing so good. So decided not to. Maybe just try it once a wk. Or so. Still trying to figure it all out, seeing what works and what don't. Potassium works good for mine. But I like the root tabs most. But, even with those I'm careful too.

I was gonna dose it again but reseached a little and found that with some plants not doing so good. So decided not to. Maybe just try it once a wk. Or so. Still trying to figure it all out, seeing what works and what don't. Potassium works good for mine. But I like the root tabs most. But, even with those I'm careful too.

What plants do you have?

Excel needs to be dosed daily, twice daily is even better. It breaks down fairly fast resulting in it not being effective. Once a week won't be of any benefit unfortunately.

Oh man! Ok I have Amazon swords, Echinodorus marble, water spite(floating), big leave Anubias barteri,Alternanthera Reinecki(red), Liberia Cardinalis(purple)knight king Sword(purple), Rotala Indica(pink),Ludwigia(red), Scarlet temple(red), Rotala marcandra(pink),Rubin sword,butterfly Rotala mini(floating),lumnophila rogosa butterfly, and a broad leaf Sagittaria. Some of these plants will be coming out of this tank and going into my 55g once they get a little bigger. In that tank I have mostly swords, and water spirit. I have tiger lotus bulbs growing in that tank. I know they will get big, but that 55g is my all betta tank, and I think it's the perfect plant for them. I just kinda want it to stay red. They are doing really good right now. Red on the outside of leaves just starting to grow and root. I know I have a lot of plants that probably won't make it in my 75g. But, I wanted to try them.

Oh man! Ok I have Amazon swords, Echinodorus marble, water spite(floating), big leave Anubias barteri,Alternanthera Reinecki(red), Liberia Cardinalis(purple)knight king Sword(purple), Rotala Indica(pink),Ludwigia(red), Scarlet temple(red), Rotala marcandra(pink),Rubin sword,butterfly Rotala mini(floating),lumnophila rogosa butterfly, and a broad leaf Sagittaria. Some of these plants will be coming out of this tank and going into my 55g once they get a little bigger. In that tank I have mostly swords, and water spirit. I have tiger lotus bulbs growing in that tank. I know they will get big, but that 55g is my all betta tank, and I think it's the perfect plant for them. I just kinda want it to stay red. They are doing really good right now. Red on the outside of leaves just starting to grow and root. I know I have a lot of plants that probably won't make it in my 75g. But, I wanted to try them.

All those plants should be fine with Excel dosed daily as per directed. The water sprite may be affected, but I'm not sure.

I put some water spirit in the 75g just for my betta I put in there. She likes swimming with the big fish, and don't get along with the girls in the 55g. She don't hang out in it much anyways. My Molly's and platy's do though. I'll give it a try. Should I dose potassium with excel? Or swap the doses daily. One, one day and the other the next day. Just wonder if it would be too much at once. Excel alone is powerful enough. I'll try excel for a week and then maybe swap them if I think they need the other. Sound ok?

I put some water spirit in the 75g just for my betta I put in there. She likes swimming with the big fish, and don't get along with the girls in the 55g. She don't hang out in it much anyways. My Molly's and platy's do though. I'll give it a try. Should I dose potassium with excel? Or swap the doses daily. One, one day and the other the next day. Just winder if it would be too much at once. Excel alone is powerful enough. I'll try excel for a week and then maybe swap them if I think they need the other. Sound ok?

From Seachem:

Flourish K:
Use 1 capful (5 mL) for every 125 L (30 US gallons). This dose raises potassium by 2 mg/L. Repeat 2–3 times per week or as needed in response to signs of potassium deficiency in older leaves which include: chlorosis (yellowing), necrosis (death/browning), pinholes in leaves, and weak stems and roots.

Use Excel daily because is breaks down fast in water, you won't see any negatives or it being too powerful dosing it every day. I double dose it daily without any issues... I have mostly the same plants as you.

Ok, sounds good. We'll try it. I was a little scared at first dosing ferts. Don't wanta kill my fish to keep my plants alive is all.

Same here - double dose (down from quadruple dose) daily. Some plants like Val I’ve had melt but come back. You could start off half dosing and see.

I'll meet ya' s in the middle. I cap a day for a week. A little under a full dose, and we'll go from there. Dosed a cap today. Ran the lights a little longer today just to keep an eye on my fish. Killed the lights at 8hrs. Everybody looks good for today. I worry about my Otto cats most of all. I only have 3 of those little guys and buying them from pet stores around here make it hard to keep them sometimes. But, I also think that the zebra Otto cats are a little more hardy than the others. I've noticed the difference in some I've got in the past that didn't make it. They were not the zebra kind. I need more of them little guys to help me out on cleanings. Lol! Anyways we'll give this dose a try. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom