Greetings! Could use some recommendations...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GGIII - each fish has its only personality, so don't get spooked quite yet :) You just want to be careful what you put in with them, since I would imagine that small slow species may be a problem.

One of the things that really helped me was to put together my proposed stocking list and then posting it on this forum. Everyone is so exceptionally friendly and helpful - they really helped to steer me in the right direction.

I love the way your tank looks ! You're FAST !!! are all those plants live ? I can't believe the great plants you got at PetSmart ! (the one by me only had some pretty pathetic looking plants LOL).

I promise you two things - (a) you're going to get addicted to having an aquarium and (b) you're going to become addicted to AA ! both are very GOOD things if you ask me.

Again - welcome. Keep us updated on your tank - I can't wait to see the progress as the plants fill in.

^_^ I appreciate the compliments! That makes my night! ^_^

Otherwise, what that meant (in my poor, sleep deprived grammar) is that I was reading up on the Rainbow Sharks and the reading said bad bad things about their agression.

Okay, total idiot question, here: The Petsmart plants came with those little white bands around them (see the one in the pic?) and I didn't remove them for fear of damaging the plants before they rooted. Should I remove the bands or leave them on? I know, I know, the question should be unasked, but still. =p

The green plants are live. The red plant is fake.

Its not a stupid question - I have no idea LOL - we'll have to wait for someone who's done the plant thing to answer :)

Take the bands off. They will inhibit the plants from rooting. Spread them out a bit to so the bottoms get light too.

Much appreciated! Time to go bother my poor tank.

[Edit]Wow... They had those plants on lockdown. Metal bands, too.[/Edit]

Hi GGIII, looks like you got a few bunches of Anacharis. That plant should do okay with your lighting. They grow well for me in a 25-gal with 30-watts.

It's best to plant each stem individually, about 1-inch or so from each other. The new growth should be easy to identify, and the new growth may have shorter leaves with a greater stem distance between them with the low-light conditions. These plants are stem feeders and get their nutrients from the water column, so you won't need root tab ferts with these.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!

I just can't get over how helpful you guys are... This shoud be an example to other forums everywhere.

*Goes off to mess more with his tank*

[Edit]Well, it's not as pretty now, and I think I bought a few too many anachris... =p

Also, one of the fish (I call him Mustachio) is bullying the other. He seems to have claimed the entire center decor. I've got some more decorum on the way so, hopefully, this will solve the problem.

Should I add plant ferts? If so, when, and how often?

Thanks![/Edit]

Back
Top Bottom